Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

So, finally some pictures of the Ahsoka exclusive.

I'm disappointed that the Seventh Sister is not included. I'm building a Malachor MOC currently with the confrontation between Vader and Ahsoka as a centrepiece, but it'd still be nice to have all characters present. Oh, well, I'll concentrate on the top of the pyramid, then...

I'm glad we get Sato. As for the Ahsoka minifig - I like it! I did not remember the Shaak Ti headpiece correctly and thought her montrals curved more inwards, but on the LEGO-version they curve more outwards, so it also fits Ahsoka and looks nice that way. Now that we got images of the minifig, I decided to make some new arms for our favorite Togruta in advance. I hope it will be released soon. No, these are not painted, it's LEGO plastic and involved precision cutting, filing and some carefully applied Kragle...

post-116868-0-01324400-1463414365_thumb.jpg

So, finally some pictures of the Ahsoka exclusive.

I'm disappointed that the Seventh Sister is not included. I'm building a Malachor MOC currently with the confrontation between Vader and Ahsoka as a centrepiece, but it'd still be nice to have all characters present. Oh, well, I'll concentrate on the top of the pyramid, then...

I'm glad we get Sato. As for the Ahsoka minifig - I like it! I did not remember the Shaak Ti headpiece correctly and thought her montrals curved more inwards, but on the LEGO-version they curve more outwards, so it also fits Ahsoka and looks nice that way. Now that we got images of the minifig, I decided to make some new arms for our favorite Togruta in advance. I hope it will be released soon. No, these are not painted, it's LEGO plastic and involved precision cutting, filing and some carefully applied Kragle...

Do they hold good?

Do they hold good?

Perfectly. I cut the dark bley and dark orange pieces with some error margin, and then filed away micromilimeter-layers, until the dry-fitted parts fit neatly and the pegs had the right diameter. For the latter I created a fixed metal bracket against which I could check the diameter of the pegs on my custom composite arms.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Perfectly. I cut the dark bley and dark orange pieces with some error margin, and then filed away micromilimeter-layers, until the dry-fitted parts fit neatly and the pegs had the right diameter. For the latter I created a fixed metal bracket against which I could check the diameter of the pegs on my custom composite arms.

That sounds very confusing.

It's not just confusing, but also a pain in the megablocks *you know what* to do because of the precision that needs to be achieved... :laugh: But hey, enthusiasm is a great motivator...

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Have any of you ever heard of TLG barring someone from buying direct from them for any reason?

Have any of you ever heard of TLG barring someone from buying direct from them for any reason?

You mean banning? Then yes. It happens when lego thinks they are abusing the replacement parts or obviously reselling like trying to buy 5 slave ones.

Any one have the bar code for the first order general

Guys, I totally understand the excitement of new sets for this year! We are fans and we get excited.

But you need to stay on topic.

If you have to type "way off topic" or "just a side question" then it shouldn't be in a thread about rumors and new stuff for 2016.

Modifications to figures do not go here either.

Wish lists for wanted figures do not belong in this thread.

Also, quit telling everyone else that one figure is the selling point to a particular set. That is your opinion. Amazingly, some of these sets actually come with pieces that can be used for other builds, and in other colors. To many, that is a key selling point.

If the discussion is not about rumors or upcoming sets for 2016, then it does not go in this thread. This conversation got way off topic just before the newest set info; that has to stop!

I will remove your posts if they do not belong. This is my final warning. You are all adults and should not need constant reminders. Please...stay on topic.

From the pictures the set looks like it could have a good interior. I'm kind of hoping we get a holographic display similar to what we got in Home One.

I've been scrutinizing the new set. It does appear to have a handle on top which is good and a new standard inclusion for capital ships.

It appears to have side flaps that come up to place minifigs? Kind of like the new Shuttle Tyderium or the Malevolent... I would prefer the top came off completely, especially if we are going to see the command room on the inside. Possibly a "bridge" like area to seat two people in the front like the Tantive IV 10198.

Are they skimping on the parts for the two protrusions that flank out from the aft section? Looks like they aren't completely closed as you can see the plates exposed on the edges.

Any chance this thing has escape pods? There must be another feature or two in there somewhere.

The colors are so way off... I guess it doesn't matter - it's Lego (AKA fix it yourself with the correct pieces). But I watched Seige of Lothal again last night and it really doesn't resemble the color scheme of Phoenix Home at all. There's no red on the surface of the ship to speak of - there are yellow and orange highlights but that's it.

http://starwars.wiki...ki/Phoenix_Home

Edited by darththeling

My issue with the actual ship is that it's too grey. You would think that it would have more orange? That's easily fixable on the model though.

Edited by Forresto

The colors are so way off... I guess it doesn't matter - it's Lego (AKA fix it yourself with the correct pieces). But I watched Seige of Lothal again last night and it really doesn't resemble the color scheme of Phoenix Home at all. There's no red on the surface of the ship to speak of - there are yellow and orange highlights but that's it.

http://starwars.wiki...ki/Phoenix_Home

Unfortunately, it's not such an easy fix. At least one of the parts they use in red doesn't exist in orange, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few parts like that. Paint is going to be required to fix this one. Which is a shame, because the correct color scheme looks so much better (even with how crappy this editing job is):

fggQgW2.png

My issue with the actual ship is that it's too grey. You would think that it would have more orange? That's easily fixable on the model though.

Actually the original looks even more grey - one reason why I like the Lego version more. However old concept arts are no excuse for the wrong colours here. The siege of Lothal was released about a year ago. As were the information of things like Ahsoka's white blades. The problem is just that SW (unlike DC) designers don't know much about the stuff they make.

here's a review of the CTT:

http://www.promobricks.de/review-lego-star-wars-clone-turbo-tank-75151/15771

Is it coming out in June along with other sets?

I'm pretty sure the exclsives come out August 1st.

P.S. Mini congratulations to me on my 1000th comment!

Fith Brother in At-Te set is a great minifigure, so much detail and looks awesome! The set itself also looks awesome, but it has 2 negatives. Amount of minifigures( if they included Zeb , Chopper and 2 more Stormtroopers then 120 $ price point would have been easier to swallow), and the price itself are 2 main negatives of this set. So I'm probably going to wait till price drops 10-20$ and then buy it at much more fair price.

Fith Brother in At-Te set is a great minifigure, so much detail and looks awesome! The set itself also looks awesome, but it has 2 negatives. Amount of minifigures( if they included Zeb , Chopper and 2 more Stormtroopers then 120 $ price point would have been easier to swallow), and the price itself are 2 main negatives of this set. So I'm probably going to wait till price drops 10-20$ and then buy it at much more fair price.

Well, chopper is in the Phoenix Home, but I think Zeb and one more stormtrooper would be good, I mean, Zeb did have a pretty big part in that episode.

The Brick Show posted their review of Rex's AT-TE! I have to say, I actually quite like it, but that may be just because of my liking of Rex as a character. I think it looks nice and colourful (which in my opinion, LEGO Star Wars has been massively lacking recently) while having an actual reason for being so full of colour in-universe (the fact that the in-universe vehicle itself is cobbled together out of random parts put onto the standard AT-TE). It's nice to have some colour and creativity in this set - which again, I think has been sorely lacking elsewhere in recent sets, but that's only my opinion.

I wish Rex had faded blue arms - I know this is an easy customisation to do, but I've heard that removing arms is actually not recommended by LEGO, and sure enough so many of my old minifigs have cracked sides, oops! :look: So it's a bit of a shame. I also wish that they came with beaten-up versions of their helmets. The Fifth Brother figure is fantastic, however!

Overall though, it's a pretty cool set, but rather overpriced. I don't think I'll buy it, but I may BrickLink Rex and Ahsoka... I have a soft spot for The Clone Wars characters. :grin:

I just watched the review from The Brick Show on the AT-TE and I think LEGO did a good job on the vehicle but should have had more printing on the clones. Also Rex and Wolffe should have had their helmets but we may see Rex with his helmet in a set later since he will be apparently wearing it in season 3. But they did do a excellent job on the 5th brother and I think, on Gregor. On the price, I think it should have been at least $100 not $120. Now all we have to wait for is the Rogue One sets. I am pretty sure we will see more Rebels sets in next years winter wave so I wouldn't worry that much if we may or may not get a 7th sister minifig.

I would easily pay $10 more to have helmets for all of the clones, because we probably won't see Wolfe and Gregor for a while at least.

Unfortunately, it's not such an easy fix. At least one of the parts they use in red doesn't exist in orange, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few parts like that. Paint is going to be required to fix this one. Which is a shame, because the correct color scheme looks so much better (even with how crappy this editing job is):

That looks amazing! If only they actually gave the ship those colors. How hard can it be? It's great that this ship even gets a set, but they should've done this probable one-off set correctly. Lego has played around with the color schemes of other licensed sets in the past to make them a little less monochromatic, now they chose to make the ship 'pop' less than it does in the show. It's weird. Let's hope the interior is great.

As for the Ahsoka minifigure, I'm starting to warm up to it. The montrals of the Shaak Ti headpiece curve outwards a little, which is correct for Ahsoka, but actually kinda wrong for Shaak Ti. Never noticed that in the 5 years I had that figure. Still, the head piece isn't perfect for Ahsoka, but it's alright.

Gregor looks to clean shaven.

I think they should have used grey stubble instead of white.

Slave 1, Imperial Star Destroyer, Shuttle Tydirium and the others says hi :cry_happy:

The most recent UCS, and all the sets since those speak otherwise.