Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Well this is exactly what I thought we would get if Ahsoka was in a retail exclusive: a reuse of Shaak Ti's headpiece, which is incredibly disappointing. Too bad this bad rendition of her is indeed the main selling point of the set, as there are only 2 new figures without rereleasing Zeb and giving Ezra scars on his face and because the ship isn't that well designed. What a disappointment.

Also, why don't they just use the trans dark blue for everyone with a blue lightsaber, as it looks much nicer anyway. This way, you can pretend that the trans light blue blades are Ahsoka's white blades.

This thing is fantastically awesome!!!!!!! So want this to battle my Imperial Assault Carrier!!!! Ahsoka is amazing, and it's great that they have now put Chopper in a current set for late comers to the theme.

please tell me this is a 2x2 wedge plate in LBG

*snip*

Wow that is a great catch. If it is, I'm going to be so excited. Such a useful piece.

Some of you guys are hard to please :O I'm no Rebels fan but thing looks interesting to say the least. There seems to be plenty of space for a cool interior.

Kids will probably be really excited about this set: two of the big heroes + a cool villian + Chopper = hyped kids.

Well most of the criticisim is mostly constructive nit picking: of all the summer wave set this one is probably my favorite.

Ahsoka's saber blades look different in the box image than the other. They look... Almost white? Against the darker background on the box, they are lighter than Ezra's, but against the white background they are darker... Somethings not right.

Looks like plenty of room for an interior, so that could be nice. The scale seems much smaller than previous capital ships... And out of scale with those, too. I very much recognize it for the right ship, so it's not bad by any stretch. The front guns are NOT flick-fires. They seem to involve 4L axles and have a connector on the back end. I think there's a carry handle, but it seems way too far forward to be balanced.

When the Gozanti-class first leaked, everyone thought it incredibly strange that a ship with only a few seconds screen time got a set, then the type got a large amount of plot time after. I wonder if this could happen again? Phoenix squadron has met up with other cells a couple times, was there only the one Pelta-class?

Kallus is an odd choice. He's the first Rebels Imperial in three sets, but he makes less sense in this set than almost anyone else we've actually gotten. Seventh Sister, as much as I wanted to see her, would have been an odd choice, too, but certainly more desirable than another Kallus. I guess that since her role is over, but his isn't, he is a better decision for long term play value. Almost any Imperial would have seemed out of place, unless I'm forgetting one having been a captive at some point?

please tell me this is a 2x2 wedge plate in LBG

Wedge.png

I think 2x4 is more likely, since the angle isn't 45-degrees.

Edited by rollermonkey

Ahsoka's saber blades look different in the box image than the other. They look... Almost white? Against the darker background on the box, they are lighter than Ezra's, but against the white background they are darker... Somethings not right.

The light not being white isn't right, that's a mouthful. :wink:

Honestly though, it appears that the only reason the sabers have a lighter tint on the box, is because of the photoshopping effect they added on to her figure. Which of course indicates to the buyer that she's a brand new figure.

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

The set is actually pretty good! Ahsoka's lightsabers are interesting. However 4 minifigures in which 2 of them appear in lots of sets is disappointing for the size and price of the set!

I think 2x4 is more likely, since the angle isn't 45-degrees.

But the 2x2 is half of a 2x4. I can't imagine room for a 2x4 here, especially since the box shows it from the other side, showing the other 2x2.

However, I'm afraid it's one single 32059, which is too bad. Even in the new X-Wing I was hoping there were 2x2's, and there is one, but in light azure or something :(

Edited by anothergol

Not bad. Actually this is great, a must-buy IMO. I'm amazed at how TLG is able to continue to make capital ships like this - tight design, (relatively) low piece count. Too bad the colors don't pop like the one on Lego Ideas that I posted a few pages back.

Hopefully there's a command room interior.

This is awesome! So nice to see something new for a change (besides snowspeeders, Xwings, etc). I'm happy with it all and Santa is going to see this is #1 on my list!

Edited by darththeling

The exclusive set has been found!

*snip*

Ezra and Chopper are nice to get again, but Ahsoka is the main draw here. I personally am not very fond of the set, but it is a different vehicle, so there's that.

This set better be available to buy in Smyths in Ireland. I hate that some sets are exclusive as that'll just tick off people like me who want sets like this to be available to buy everywhere.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Like the Assault Carrier the ship here looks better than the original (which is very plain) in my opinion. And it's again absurd how they gave Wookie's arm printing & Sato a special skin color - but not for the main cast. The minifigure selection shows how much the designers had no idea about Rebels. And no - "it's for kids - is no explanation since little fans of the show will be desperate for the Inquisitor's, or Ezra with his scar. Lando, Seventh sister, Tuula, other rebels, Leia, Kezu, Hondo - I just hope that we will ever see these figures. Because of the new movies, unfortunately we can't expect the same attention as CW got.

If the interior is good (conference room?) & Ahsoka is too, I will buy the set for her.

Hmm, looks pretty good. Especially the Ahsoka figure.

One thing I don't understand, though... the fact they actually made Sato's skin accurate is great, but why couldn't they do the same for Ezra and Sabine?

In a word-consistency. In a few words-stubborn minded consistency and not willing to admit they got it wrong before, and plus people who bought the first versions would whine. So they might change the skin colour, but maybe in another year or so.

Edited by Kman860

Doesn't Ahsoka have white lightsabers? Nifty set though.

Honestly, I really like this set, but that's the only issue I have with it. That's a pretty big part of Ahsoka's story line.

Decent set in my opinion, although being a Rebels fan, I'm most likely biased towards it. I'll be picking it up.

Ashoka looks great to me and I'm sure she'll look even better in close up pictures. Info wish he had duel moulded arms to have orange shoulders, but her overall color scheme is good. Her blade color is strange though, but it's an easy fix with solid white blades. Her dark blue blades are useful regardless. Sato is decent, and his inclusion is predictable but welcomed. Chopper is fine. Ezra is a bit disappointing, considering he has yet to receive a makeover. It would have been a good chance to give him new face print with the scars or at the least fix the weird cut off print design they have going on with his legs.

Although he's my favorite SW character, Kallus should not have been included in this set. Not to beat a dead horse, but the Seventh Sister works far better in terms of Lego's selection, relevance to the second season, and desireabilty. Plus she would have sold the set better--I think more people would be giving it better reviews if she were included. Hopefully we'll still get her eventually. And a new Zeb for that matter.

Phoenix Home is alright overall, but as others have noted the color blocking is way off. Hopefully the interior will be somewhat interesting but I think it's unlikely. It does work well in tandem with the A-Wing set, considering Vader blows it up rather quickly. Considering it's short screen apperance, it's surprising we even got it. A new blockade runner would have been nicer.

Is this confirmed to be 90$? Because I don't recall any source saying so. I think you are all assuming that it's going to be 90$ because the last summer exclusives were all 90$.

I mean 90$ is probably too good to be true.

Do white blade pieces exist yet? Also, sorry to digress for a second here, but why is everyone so obsessed with dual-molding lately? I mean yeah, it looks good, but TLG uses it a handful of times and all of a sudden every figure is supposed to have it? I guess every figure could have dual-molding, but would you really be happy with the prices of sets? I mean, I'm getting really tired of hearing "This should have been dual-molded," and "That should have been dual-molded,". This is becoming the same issue as everyone expecting arm and leg printing on everything. So can we please stop saying everything should be dual-molded? -END RANT-

Is this confirmed to be 90$? Because I don't recall any source saying so. I think you are all assuming that it's going to be 90$ because the last summer exclusives were all 90$.

I mean 90$ is probably too good to be true.

Well, $90 US. It will probably be $120 CAN.

A dual molded orange and gray arms would have been great. I don't have Chopper, Ezra or Kallus. So that makes the set worth getting for me then others.

Do white blade pieces exist yet? Also, sorry to digress for a second here, but why is everyone so obsessed with dual-molding lately? I mean yeah, it looks good, but TLG uses it a handful of times and all of a sudden every figure is supposed to have it? I guess every figure could have dual-molding, but would you really be happy with the prices of sets? I mean, I'm getting really tired of hearing "This should have been dual-molded," and "That should have been dual-molded,". This is becoming the same issue as everyone expecting arm and leg printing on everything. So can we please stop saying everything should be dual-molded? -END RANT-

Well, $90 US. It will probably be $120 CAN.

Both trans-clear and white blade pieces do indeed exist, though the trans-clear ones are rare (I just ordered some to use when I get this set).

And yes, I would indeed be happy with the cost of the sets if select figures were given dual-molded arms/legs. Some figures would benefit from it greatly. One of Ahsoka's defining characteristics is her lack of covering on her shoulders, as well as the various designs cut into her sleeves, and this isn't represented at all in the LEGO figure, which makes her look a bit odd. And Sabine definitely needs some kind of arm printing, given that her outfit relies heavily on the artistic designs throughout her armor, arms included. We pay for the quality we get, so if higher quality figures means that we pay more, then I would be happy to do so.

In regards to this become a similar issue to everyone expecting arm and leg printing on everything, well, leg printing is indeed on pretty much everything nowadays. Arm printing is still getting there, but at least in other themes it's still used when it needs to be (like on Spiderman in the Tanker Truck Takedown and Bridge Battle sets). So if everyone expecting these things led to them actually becoming common place, why is everyone expecting dual molding a bad thing? Obviously advancements in their printing technologies helped, but I don't think they would have had much motive to work on those advancements without people expecting a certain quality.

EDIT: Just to illustrated how much better dual-molding would look on both Ahsoka and Commander Sato:

zlyaxYz.png

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

Do white blade pieces exist yet?

Yes, but none that are transparent or 'glowy' at all (to my knowledge, at least). Just a bar/blade of pure white. It probably won't look great if you swap those in for the blades, but I'm still frustrated with LEGO for inaccurately giving Ahsoka blue sabers. It's not only an inaccuracy that makes the figure less authentic, but it also ignores a vital part of Ahsoka's story, because the reason she has white sabers is because of her whole ordeal with the Jedi. :sceptic: It's such a shame!

If I BrickLink the figure, I'll probably swap the blades out of pure white ones even if it looks silly, at least her lightsabers will be the right colour.

This set better be available to buy in Smyths in Ireland. I hate that some sets are exclusive as that'll just tick off people like me who want sets like this to be available to buy everywhere.

It possibly will be! Smyths have a great selection of sets most of the time. If not, won't it just be available on Shop@Home? I'm Irish too, and I get any exclusive sets there. :classic::thumbup: If all else fails, Amazon!

It possibly will be! Smyths have a great selection of sets most of the time. If not, won't it just be available on Shop@Home? I'm Irish too, and I get any exclusive sets there. :classic::thumbup: If all else fails, Amazon!

I prefer to buy lego in shops. I don't like shopping online at all.

Tomorrow was right!

Looks decent. Ahsoka looks overdetailed but I will wait until better pictures are posted to make that judgement !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ahsoka finally uses trans-dark blue blades!

Over detailed? is that a thing?