Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Alright, well, here's something regarding the new Death Star -

It's been said that a blue astromech droid with a clear dome is included. Anyone know which?

Is the Death star OT based or simply based on Rogue One/ Star Killer? A blue atromech? I'm in quite the pickle...

Well the Ahsoka set pictures will probably be seen soon, judging by the fact we have seen both the DC and Marvel exclusive sets.

That's an R7 series droid though if it has a triangle eye.. As far as I know R7 droids aren't canon anymore are they?

They arnt canon. Thats why i said legends. Maybe its a droid from R1

R1 = rouge one. Not a R1 astro mech

They arnt canon. Thats why i said legends. Maybe its a droid from R1

R1 = rouge one. Not a R1 astro mech

Apologies I didn't see you put "legends"

But I'm baffled then cause as far as I know I've never seen the empire use a blue astromech unless R2 is getting a make over?

Edit- Huh I've never seen that shot before lol looks like now I have an excuse to go back and rewatch ANH haha

Edited by Squarefoot_Calrissian

Well, I think the argument is that if Sato was included then Ahsoka would not be the main selling point for everyone; I know I'd much prefer a Sato; I never much cared for Ahsoka, and I have no overwhelming desire to get an adult minifigure when I already have a dozen marginally different padawan ones. However, I do understand that kids probably would want an Ahsoka much more than some of us would.

She may not be the main selling point for everyone, but she is for a pretty big amount of people. She's definitely become one of the most beloved characters in Star Wars for those that watch the animated series, among both children and adults.

She doesn't have to be the main selling point for everyone to be the main selling point in general. As much as I love Phoenix Home, the ship itself isn't all that exciting for most. It was seen for a single episode, and is really just a recolor of the Pelta from TCW. I would have never guessed they would have made a set for it just for those reasons, the Liberator would have been a much more logical chose, and since it's a Blockade Runner it's much more iconic as well.

TCW got just as close as possible to leading into RotS possible short of showing Grievous kidnapping the Chancellor, I believe. Yes, there were all those unfinished episodes, but those were mostly tying up loose ends within TCW and not actually bridging to RotS. Those episodes dealing with the implants and fives brought us very close to RotS.
Actually the planned finale for TCW, the Siege of Mandalore, was going start with the kidnapping of the chancellor and extend beyond the end of Episode III. It's purpose was to show what happened to the characters not present in ROTS, like Ahsoka and Rex. I would imagine the Rebels finale will serve a similar purpose, and Rebels can easily extend past ANH as well. We could get an entire season or two post-ANH. There are rebel cells all over the galaxy, and the Phoenix Squadron cell has already been said to be very separate from the one on Yavin. The Ghost crew could have been on the other side of the galaxy during the destruction of the Death Star. Or the series could end with them all waiting on Alderaan for Leia. We really don't know, so all this talk about the number of seasons and such is kinda silly. We know from Freddie Prince Jr. that there will most likely be more than 3, but anything past that is anyone's guess.

Googled it, R3-M3.

*Snip*

OT confirmed then. SWEEEEET :) Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote imags, thanks :-)

Googled it, R3-M3.

Man, Lego is spoiling us with these clear dome Astros. Not that I'm complaining :tongue:

How is Sato more desirable than Ahsoka? To each his own but still, Ahsoka is twenty times more popular and liked amongst the fans...

Ha. Let's be honest here: Ahsoka is about 1,000 times more popular and recognizable than Sato. Ahsoka alone would sell this set to tens of thousands of Clone Wars/Rebels fans who couldn't give a fig about Sato. ;)

Man, Lego is spoiling us with these clear dome Astros. Not that I'm complaining :tongue:

I love the clear domes- the more of these we get the better. I totally stocked up when the one from the imperial carrier was on bricks and pieces.

They probably won't update his hair color, but I'm hoping they're giving him his season 2 look with the scars on his cheek.

Googled it, R3-M3.

Oh main color blue... I WANT IT!

Apologies I didn't see you put "legends"

But I'm baffled then cause as far as I know I've never seen the empire use a blue astromech unless R2 is getting a make over?

Edit- Huh I've never seen that shot before lol looks like now I have an excuse to go back and rewatch ANH haha

Did you need a reason to rewatch it?

No.

Tell us more!

She may not be the main selling point for everyone, but she is for a pretty big amount of people. She's definitely become one of the most beloved characters in Star Wars for those that watch the animated series, among both children and adults.

Or the series could end with them all waiting on Alderaan for Leia.

When it was originally posted that Ahsoka was the main selling point of the set, I just figured she was in a smallish set without a whole lot else of interest... But what if the original remark was biased? There are a lot of SW fans that don't like Rebels, or even anything outside the OT. There are a lot of SW fans that obsess over the Imperial faction and could care less about the Alliance. What if the person who made the remark fit one or both of these? If the set is Rebels based, and/or contains few or no Imperials of interest to THEM, they might have said that she's the main selling point based on what they expect other people to like, filtered through their own bias. A small Alliance capital ship based on Rebels with nothing but a Stormtrooper from the other side could certainly make Ahsoka the main selling point to that person.

If Rebels ends with the crew of the Ghost on Alderaan waiting for the arrival/return of Leia Organa from her "diplomatic mission", that would be 1: incredibly sad, 2: tie up all loose ends from the show, 3: be incredibly lazy.

Edited by rollermonkey

If Rebels ends with the crew of the Ghost on Alderaan waiting for the arrival/return of Leia Organa from her "diplomatic mission", that would be 1: incredibly sad, 2: tie up all loose ends from the show, 3: be incredibly lazy.

Oh god, I do not want that. They cant kill chopper!

Alright, well, here's something regarding the new Death Star -

It's been said that a blue astromech droid with a clear dome is included. Anyone know which?

Well, I guess what everyone else has missed is that the fact it has an astromech, pretty much confirms this will be a playset style UCS, not DS II style which I kind of want, as long as they do a good job.

Edited by Kman860

Well, the question is-would we get him in any other set any time soon?

Googled it, R3-M3.

-snip-

Blue astromech droid. Ohhhh man. Looking forward to that. We need more blue coloured droids!

It looks like we're getting another Ezra.

Wish they can make an effort to correct the skin colour. Come on TLG... you did it for Kanan.

It looks like we're getting another Ezra.

In the exclusive, or later this year in another set?