Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Is there any idea if we'll get another series after Rebels?

Yes, they've said they are already starting on the next series.

Minister Tua would be awesome, but she'd need a unique hat. That'd be cool to get, tho! AP-5 could still happen, there are often left-field characters that don't match the set/timeline, like Fifth Brother with Rex's AT-TE. Could even argue that Season 2 Sabine is an odd one to include in the TIE Advanced/A-wing set, since she didn't change her look until after Siege of Lothal where Vader trashed Phoenix Squadron so heavily.

The Fifth Brother did sorta match up with the timeline though, he first appeared at the end of Relic of the Old Republic. And even Sabine's new look was only one episode later (plus, she uses the green A-wing later in the season). Those two instances were pretty close in time, even if the figures weren't on-screen at the same time. AP-5 doesn't appear until almost the end of the season, I'd imagine they would save him for a more relevant set (not to mention he would have been in very early development when this set was being produced, he might not have even had concept art at that point).

Since Tua would indeed require another new mold, I think they might even just have Ahsoka, Sato, and some rebel crew-members/pilots. Kinda bland aside from the two named characters, but then again so are the figures included in many other similar sets. And they might even make a new mold for the rebel crew-members, given that no current mold really matches their helmets.

Yes, they've said they are already starting on the next series.

Source? Edited by TheNerdyOne_

how many times do people need to say itThe tie advance is scaled right! Its always been small! The regular tie fighters always made the advance look to small and chibbi,.

Also modding the protorype into the advance wouldn't work at all, the prototype was much bigger, and the wings are smaller.

Did you see the set in person? ;)

I thought so too, because of the pictures. However, if you have the ship in front of you, you'll see: the two solar panels are waaaay too close to each other. I compared it with several images & models - even measured the length difference of the windshield & the structure between the panels & cockpit. The problem is simply that they didn't use enough pieces. Everything aside the cockpit is shrinked down which causes very strange proportions. Guess most people will still be satisfied - just wanna warn you if you're as picky as me ;)

About the question relating the exclusive set: Last year we received pictures of the set at march (!) & better pictures at april/may.

Regarding the future of the series, I'd love to get more than 3 seasons. No reliable information is out there, yet, and I've heard several rumours, one of them about season 3 leading into ROGUE ONE - which somehow matches up with season 3 going until December and not further into spring as it seems, but we will only know for sure when we get there. I've also heard stuff about a new series, about a continuation of the stories of the REBELS characters but in a different format - animated, still, but smaller team-ups or individual stories, and reading between the lines one could also hope for a series featuring Ahsoka, possibly as a main character (in an ensemble, I hope) and not just as a supporting character towering above the main protagonists... I was also wondering about the passage of time, but then I realized that in the OT movies, there have been some time jumps and 'inconsistencies' even within the movies. Does one season of REBELS span the in-universe time of 1 year, or did season 2 span more than a year? No reference has been made in the show as to how much time has passed, so it's all up for grabs and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Ah, no point in speculating here... at the end of the day, it's all something to look forward to, as is the exclusive set.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

I see on other sites that the summer wave has started showing up in U.S. stores. I can't wait to see some reviews here!

Can anyone confirm if Vader minifig is new for the summer set (75150 - TIE Advanced vs A-Wing)?

Yes, it is. He has new torso print.

And the new cape

Like how? At first I thought his helmet will be slightly different (with bigger eyes) like in the series. But oh well.

Well, I think the argument is that if Sato was included then Ahsoka would not be the main selling point for everyone; I know I'd much prefer a Sato; I never much cared for Ahsoka, and I have no overwhelming desire to get an adult minifigure when I already have a dozen marginally different padawan ones. However, I do understand that kids probably would want an Ahsoka much more than some of us would.

I've been busy and am 8 episodes behind on Rebels, and I hear that it gets much better, but the first season seemed sort of lame. What's Disney going for? They seem to have no problem covering torture, decapitation, and other such dark topics in the show, yet they make the dialogue and interactions among the members of the crew of the Ghost childish and painful to listen to. I suppose TCW got off to a slow start too, but near the end it was an amazing show that had great characters, great action, and great themes, so maybe I've set the bar too high. Hopefully everyone is right and Rebels does undergo a similar change, because it definitely does show potential.

I did some research, and Rebels starts 5 years before ANH, and the most recent episode took place 3 years before ANH. That definitely sets an upper limit for how many total seasons there can be; at the current rate, it seems like no more than 5 in total (or maybe 6, if they're short or they start to cram). If they wanted to speed up, they could probably reach ANH time in only two short seasons. Personally, I think it'll end earlier because none of the main characters appear in the movies or as far as we know in Rogue One, so we'll see them go into exile/be killed.

TCW got just as close as possible to leading into RotS possible short of showing Grievous kidnapping the Chancellor, I believe. Yes, there were all those unfinished episodes, but those were mostly tying up loose ends within TCW and not actually bridging to RotS. Those episodes dealing with the implants and fives brought us very close to RotS.

He probably bought every one in his area :wink:

That and they are Lego ambassadors, they often get to review sets earlier than say Jangbricks, who has to pay and wait for the sets. So far the x-wing isnt so bad; just a re-skin that many people asked for but that encounter on jakku set seems pretty small for what you have to pay for. Sadly it's a wave I'll skip as none of the stuff offered interests me and financially, well ; Brace yourself death star and rogue one wave coming, my wallet is already planning life support options...

Alright, well, here's something regarding the new Death Star -

It's been said that a blue astromech droid with a clear dome is included. Anyone know which?

That and they are Lego ambassadors, they often get to review sets earlier than say Jangbricks, who has to pay and wait for the sets. So far the x-wing isnt so bad; just a re-skin that many people asked for but that encounter on jakku set seems pretty small for what you have to pay for. Sadly it's a wave I'll skip as none of the stuff offered interests me and financially, well ; Brace yourself death star and rogue one wave coming, my wallet is already planning life support options...

I think the new X-wing is alot nicer. I prefer it in blue.

Alright, well, here's something regarding the new Death Star -

It's been said that a blue astromech droid with a clear dome is included. Anyone know which?

-raises hand- oh oh oh I know!

In legends there was a droid in on panel of a comic named BT-1 (no not the awesome one from canon) and he was R2's body with a clear head and triangle eye.

-raises hand- oh oh oh I know!

In legends there was a droid in on panel of a comic named BT-1 (no not the awesome one from canon) and he was R2's body with a clear head and triangle eye.

That's an R7 series droid though if it has a triangle eye.. As far as I know R7 droids aren't canon anymore are they?

That and they are Lego ambassadors, they often get to review sets earlier than say Jangbricks, who has to pay and wait for the sets.

The only sets they get for free from Lego are D2C sets ....

The only sets they get for free from Lego are D2C sets ....

Not entirely true, they got Nexo sets early, they get a bunch of stuff early. Personally, I prefer JANG. :tongue: