Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I would hope either in between 6/7, or KOTOR or SWTOR timeline (but I doubt the last two would happen).

Eh next one should be between 4-5 with the OT main characters. I hope we get pictures of the set soon!

Wasn't there a schedule of release dates once that listed a show called 'Red Five'? I can't find the image now but I seem to remember the image was from a Disney release schedule. I was of the impression that the series was going to start after Rebels finished. Sorry - I know this has got zero to do with 2016 sets!

Wasn't there a schedule of release dates once that listed a show called 'Red Five'? I can't find the image now but I seem to remember the image was from a Disney release schedule. I was of the impression that the series was going to start after Rebels finished. Sorry - I know this has got zero to do with 2016 sets!

Wasn't that renamed Rouge One?

Eh next one should be between 4-5 with the OT main characters. I hope we get pictures of the set soon!

That'll never happen, not with the comics & various books covering that already. There's a finite time to work with amid the OT films, and it's going to be well-trod ground for the most part by the time they're ready for another series... it might have been a good idea before Marvel's series began, but they wouldn't have been able to cover much of the ground the comics & books have the freedom to do.

I'm expecting something set between 6 & 7, probably following new characters or characters that haven't really been touched on much, yet. There are 3 decades between those films, so plenty of room to find a place for a several-season-long show... but again, not terribly likely to feature the OT main characters. Luke goes off & does the Jedi thing mostly separate from Han & Leia, and we already know from Bloodline that Han & Leia tended to spend a lot of time apart because politics wasn't really his thing (tho they were still very devoted to one another; I haven't read far enough into the book to see how they handled Ben's childhood, if that's touched on at all...just one flashback memory of Ben as an infant in Han's arms).

But there's still plenty of fun they could have with a series between 6 & 7, regardless of who the main characters are.

If there was, it was likely a fan-made creation. I vaguely recall someone talking about an idea about who was Red Five before Luke joined Red Squadron, but again I think that was fan stuff, nothing remotely official.

They haven't announced a thing about "future series" yet, or even anything beyond Episode IX and the 3rd Star Wars Story (of which nothing content-wise has been confirmed). Rogue One may've had other names earlier on, I forget, but not as a series...

I think a lot of people think Rebels is gonna end soon because Rogue One is on the way, which takes place right before ANH... some think there'll be a tie-in with Rebels leading directly into Rogue One, but Rebels is still 4 years before ANH--and so 4 years before Rogue One! It's possible they could introduce some characters into Rebels Season 3, like maybe the Spectres run across a living-on-her-own Jyn Erso or the ISB cape-guy is Kallus' superior. But who knows? I don't think Rebels is necessarily at its "mid-point"; they've still got lots of space to develop the show (and, likewise, sets related to the show! They're barely breaking into Season 2 sets this summer!)

Edited by Venkefedo

As to the final season of REBELS and the future of some characters and the animated series by Filoni and his team, of which I'm myself a huge fan:

I'm not on the inside, but I've followed everything said and hinted at so far, and all these tidbits result in the following plausible overall picture:

REBELS season will lead up directly to the events of the ROQUE ONE movie - this has been already set up with the season 2 episode 'The Honorable Ones', which in turn will lead directly up to A NEW HOPE. So yes, season 3 will be the final season of REBELS, it seems.

Filoni has hinted, however, at ideas to follow the journey of different characters in smaller team-ups and single story-arcs in animated form. A new show is very likely.

As for the fate of characters, some informed speculations can be made based on what has been set up so far and also what must be taken into account regarding established facts, stories and character-arcs in the movies of the Original Trilogy. Zeb, Sabine and Hera are pretty safe in this regard, but one important line will be a deciding factor as to the fate of Force-users - namely when Yoda tells Luke in RETURN OF THE JEDI that when he is gone, Luke will be the last of the Jedi. This makes me worry about the fate of Kanaan, who now IS a knighted Jedi since last seasons REBELS episode 'Shroud of Darkness'. On an optimistic note, Ahsoka's fate is no longer affected by this crucial line from Yoda, since in REBELS season 2 it was explicitly stated on several key occasions - one might say this point was deliberately hammered home - that she is NO Jedi, and it is 100% plausible that Yoda would not consider her to be one.

I think it is very unlikely that we will see any of the main characters who originated in the animated shows in a movie, and to be honest, I'm glad about this for one important reason: The writers of the animated shows are doing a great job at developing their characters, both their story-arcs and their character-arcs, and an inclusion of one or more of their characters in a movie would greatly hamper with their freedom to develop those characters and their stories further, something which I wouldn't want to happen.

This might be OT, although I beg to accept that these thoughts and conclusions also revolve around the exclusive set and one special character in it, and also pertain the possibilities of future LEGO sets based on these characters and potential future animated shows and stories.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

As to the final season of REBELS and the future of some characters and the animated series by Filoni and his team, of which I'm myself a huge fan:

I'm not on the inside, but I've followed everything said and hinted at so far, and all these tidbits result in the following plausible overall picture:

REBELS season will lead up directly to the events of the ROQUE ONE movie - this has been already set up with the season 2 episode 'The Honorable Ones', which in turn will lead directly up to A NEW HOPE. So yes, season 3 will be the final season of REBELS, it seems.

Filoni has hinted, however, at ideas to follow the journey of different characters in smaller team-ups and single story-arcs in animated form. A new show is very likely.

As for the fate of characters, some informed speculations can be made based on what has been set up so far and also what must be taken into account regarding established facts, stories and character-arcs in the movies of the Original Trilogy. Zeb, Sabine and Hera are pretty safe in this regard, but one important line will be a deciding factor as to the fate of Force-users - namely when Yoda tells Luke in RETURN OF THE JEDI that when he is gone, Luke will be the last of the Jedi. This makes me worry about the fate of Kanaan, who now IS a knighted Jedi since last seasons REBELS episode 'Shroud of Darkness'. On an optimistic note, Ahsoka's fate is no longer affected by this crucial line from Yoda, since in REBELS season 2 it was explicitly stated on several key occasions - one might say this point was deliberately hammered home - that she is NO Jedi, and it is 100% plausible that Yoda would not consider her to be one.

I think it is very unlikely that we will see any of the main characters who originated in the animated shows in a movie, and to be honest, I'm glad about this for one important reason: The writers of the animated shows are doing a great job at developing their characters, both their story-arcs and their character-arcs, and an inclusion of one or more of their characters in a movie would greatly hamper with their freedom to develop those characters and their stories further, something which I wouldn't want to happen.

This might be OT, although I beg to accept that these thoughts and conclusions also revolve around the exclusive set and one special character in it, and also pertain the possibilities of future LEGO sets based on these characters and potential future animated shows and stories.

Just a question but,

How is "The Honorable Ones" leading into ANH?

Is there any idea if we'll get another series after Rebels?

I hope so, and I'm glad if the show ends after season 3. I gave the show a shot and except for very few excellent episodes, I just cannot care about most of the character roster and all the filler around it. Oh well, at least it bringed us a couple interesting lego sets hahahaha. I'm also very curious how that combat frigate is going to be handled. Was the set specifically referred as a rebel combat frigate? Because the Imperial ones could also make sense...

I hope so, and I'm glad if the show ends after season 3. I gave the show a shot and except for very few excellent episodes, I just cannot care about most of the character roster and all the filler around it. Oh well, at least it bringed us a couple interesting lego sets hahahaha. I'm also very curious how that combat frigate is going to be handled. Was the set specifically referred as a rebel combat frigate? Because the Imperial ones could also make sense...

Yes, it was referred to as a rebel ship. On a side note, I think most of the Rebels episodes featuring movie characters are pretty good (i.e. Lando, Leia, Maul), you should try watching those :sweet:

Edited by Kman860

The voice actor of Kanan mocked people who belive the news with the three seasons & said that there will be much more. Seems solid because investment. But Some people know better I guess.

btw: I got the T-Advanced vs. A-Wing set today - the pictures of Vader on the box are indeed wrong. He he's the same figure from the final duel, but with an EP IV/Rebels torso AND the new style cape. So he can fit in the cockpit with his cape aaand it also makes him bigger :devil:.

I would buy the set again simply because of the great figures & because I love OT ships - however if you just want to buy it because of the T-Fighter I wouldn't recomment it. It's extremely sized down, looks more like the chibbi version from the Death star (no jocking). I also thought they finally got rid of all the dark grey stuff - the bottom is nearly completely dark grey. It took me hours of modding until I fixed the colours & the size problem. But from the front the ship would still look better with the wings attached to the "body" of my T-Prototype (also modded into complete light grey). the back & underside of the build is as simple as sets released 8 years ago.

It's a huge shame since the set is very overpriced (even for SW standards) & just includes 4 figures (& no helmet or arm printing for Sabine). The A-Wing is a great & fun build, but the engines tend to move where they want. I really enjoy that they included a female pilot (the 2nd "random" female we ever got in a Lego set!!). The Tarkin face printing also looks great in person - btw: he has 2 different facial expressions - one is his "pissed off" look.

So if you want an accurate T-Advanced - wait for 3-10 years, or mod the Inquisitor's TIE.

Just a question but,

How is "The Honorable Ones" leading into ANH?

I can answer at least that last question:

Because the Spectres visit Geonosis in that episode, and they discover an abandoned orbital construction yard of a massive size...and that they read no life at all on the surface of Geonosis. They wondered what could've possibly been constructed there, and what happened to it--and to the population of the planet. Obviously it's the Death Star, and has moved to another site for the remaining years of its construction...and the population of Geonosis was eliminated to keep them quiet. We know at least one queen survived deep underground, from the Vader comic...

As to the show leading directly into Rogue One, that makes no sense unless Season 3 first jumps ahead 3 & a half or whatever years (I don't think we have word on how long Season 2 spans, but the last time we heard about "Empire Day", aka Ezra's birthday, was in Season 1, so as far as we know he's still 15, meaning it's still over 3 years before R1/ANH), and second, they end Season 3 in December, rather than a full season stretching into spring. Pretty sure they've confirmed it's a full season, and Freddie & Sam indeed are open enough about the show having legs to continue--they know that Maul will be a big deal in Season 3, and that people wonder if it'll tie into Rogue One, but the timing & storyline really don't work with that.

Yoda could easily be lying to Luke. Luke is conflicted, and doesn't think he can face his own father... if Yoda told him "When gone am I, 5 more Jedi there are in the galaxy..." then Luke would probably ditch the Rebellion for awhile longer to find one of those Jedi to try to get them to face Vader in his stead. ROTS had Obi-Wan begging Yoda to let him face Sidious, since he couldn't bear to face Anakin/Vader. Luke was having the same kinds of feelings, and told Obi-Wan as much after Yoda died. "I can't kill my own father." "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another." That right there, that's Luke looking for an out. "I was your only hope, but Yoda mentioned another... maybe THEY could face Vader!" Then he finds out it's his twin sister Leia, who's had zero training and couldn't possibly face Vader in his place.

Kanan & Ezra could also simply take Ahsoka's path, leave the Jedi ideals behind, or tell Yoda they know they have to back off because if they keep fighting--as the Inquisitor-as-Temple-Guard noted--they could bring doom upon the galaxy (however he put it... and he was a vision conjured by Yoda, so maybe Yoda's trying to tell them "You aren't the ones who'll defeat the Sith, that's left for very specific others" without revealing the plan & possibly endangering Luke or Leia).

But yeah, all this speculation about the future is kinda tied to our speculation about the Ahsoka set :laugh: Pretty sure it's gotta be Sato's ship now. I hope the minifigs have more excitement to them than just "Ahsoka, Sato, and frowny stormies"... maybe AP-5? Rebel troops? Seventh Sister?)

Edited by Venkefedo

Because the Spectres visit Geonosis in that episode, and they discover an abandoned orbital construction yard of a massive size...and that they read no life at all on the surface of Geonosis. They wondered what could've possibly been constructed there, and what happened to it--and to the population of the planet. Obviously it's the Death Star, and has moved to another site for the remaining years of its construction...and the population of Geonosis was eliminated to keep them quiet. We know at least one queen survived deep underground, from the Vader comic...

As to the show leading directly into Rogue One, that makes no sense unless Season 3 first jumps ahead 3 & a half or whatever years (I don't think we have word on how long Season 2 spans, but the last time we heard about "Empire Day", aka Ezra's birthday, was in Season 1, so as far as we know he's still 15, meaning it's still over 3 years before R1/ANH), and second, they end Season 3 in December, rather than a full season stretching into spring. Pretty sure they've confirmed it's a full season, and Freddie & Sam indeed are open enough about the show having legs to continue--they know that Maul will be a big deal in Season 3, and that people wonder if it'll tie into Rogue One, but the timing & storyline really don't work with that.

Yoda could easily be lying to Luke. Luke is conflicted, and doesn't think he can face his own father... if Yoda told him "When gone am I, 5 more Jedi there are in the galaxy..." then Luke would probably ditch the Rebellion for awhile longer to find one of those Jedi to try to get them to face Vader in his stead. ROTS had Obi-Wan begging Yoda to let him face Sidious, since he couldn't bear to face Anakin/Vader. Luke was having the same kinds of feelings, and told Obi-Wan as much after Yoda died. "I can't kill my own father." "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another." That right there, that's Luke looking for an out. "I was your only hope, but Yoda mentioned another... maybe THEY could face Vader!" Then he finds out it's his twin sister Leia, who's had zero training and couldn't possibly face Vader in his place.

Kanan & Ezra could also simply take Ahsoka's path, leave the Jedi ideals behind, or tell Yoda they know they have to back off because if they keep fighting--as the Inquisitor-as-Temple-Guard noted--they could bring doom upon the galaxy (however he put it... and he was a vision conjured by Yoda, so maybe Yoda's trying to tell them "You aren't the ones who'll defeat the Sith, that's left for very specific others" without revealing the plan & possibly endangering Luke or Leia).

But yeah, all this speculation about the future is kinda tied to our speculation about the Ahsoka set :laugh: Pretty sure it's gotta be Sato's ship now. I hope the minifigs have more excitement to them than just "Ahsoka, Sato, and frowny stormies"... maybe AP-5? Rebel troops? Seventh Sister?)

Thanks for answering, I forgot about that part of the episode, was think more about the last half.

Is the rebel frigate/Ahsoka set due for release on June 1st along with the other SW summer wave sets? I've got a trip to the brand store planned for that day and it can't be any other day!

I wouldn't bet on AP-5 since he didn't come along until long after Phoenix Home was destroyed. Seventh Sister might be possible, though even she doesn't show up for several episodes afterwards.

I'm just betting on Sato, Ahsoka, and some rebel crewmen. Probably another random figure or two as well, given the size of the set. Maybe Tua?

The voice actor of Kanan mocked people who belive the news with the three seasons & said that there will be much more. Seems solid because investment. But Some people know better I guess.

btw: I got the T-Advanced vs. A-Wing set today - the pictures of Vader on the box are indeed wrong. He he's the same figure from the final duel, but with an EP IV/Rebels torso AND the new style cape. So he can fit in the cockpit with his cape aaand it also makes him bigger :devil:.

I would buy the set again simply because of the great figures & because I love OT ships - however if you just want to buy it because of the T-Fighter I wouldn't recomment it. It's extremely sized down, looks more like the chibbi version from the Death star (no jocking). I also thought they finally got rid of all the dark grey stuff - the bottom is nearly completely dark grey. It took me hours of modding until I fixed the colours & the size problem. But from the front the ship would still look better with the wings attached to the "body" of my T-Prototype (also modded into complete light grey). the back & underside of the build is as simple as sets released 8 years ago.

It's a huge shame since the set is very overpriced (even for SW standards) & just includes 4 figures (& no helmet or arm printing for Sabine). The A-Wing is a great & fun build, but the engines tend to move where they want. I really enjoy that they included a female pilot (the 2nd "random" female we ever got in a Lego set!!). The Tarkin face printing also looks great in person - btw: he has 2 different facial expressions - one is his "pissed off" look.

So if you want an accurate T-Advanced - wait for 3-10 years, or mod the Inquisitor's TIE.

how many times do people need to say itThe tie advance is scaled right! Its always been small! The regular tie fighters always made the advance look to small and chibbi,.

Also modding the protorype into the advance wouldn't work at all, the prototype was much bigger, and the wings are smaller.

Edited by pittpenguin123

Wouldn't Sato be desirable enough to count as a main selling point? Same with that ship?

Then again, maybe the person who said Ahsoka will be the main selling point was just giving their opinion and the information isn't necessarily accurate.

Not really. As a character Sato is pretty boring and forgetable. The main appeal of getting a minifigure of him is both for filling out the gaps for a complete Star Wars Rebels cast as well as giving Ghost crew's rebel cell a commander. He would be a nice figure to add to the collection, but not an interesting enough one to be the main selling point.

Wouldn't Sato be desirable enough to count as a main selling point? Same with that ship?

Then again, maybe the person who said Ahsoka will be the main selling point was just giving their opinion and the information isn't necessarily accurate.

How is Sato more desirable than Ahsoka? To each his own but still, Ahsoka is twenty times more popular and liked amongst the fans...

I wouldn't bet on AP-5 since he didn't come along until long after Phoenix Home was destroyed. Seventh Sister might be possible, though even she doesn't show up for several episodes afterwards.

I'm just betting on Sato, Ahsoka, and some rebel crewmen. Probably another random figure or two as well, given the size of the set. Maybe Tua?

Minister Tua would be awesome, but she'd need a unique hat. That'd be cool to get, tho! AP-5 could still happen, there are often left-field characters that don't match the set/timeline, like Fifth Brother with Rex's AT-TE. Could even argue that Season 2 Sabine is an odd one to include in the TIE Advanced/A-wing set, since she didn't change her look until after Siege of Lothal where Vader trashed Phoenix Squadron so heavily.

I would buy the set again simply because of the great figures & because I love OT ships - however if you just want to buy it because of the T-Fighter I wouldn't recomment it. It's extremely sized down, looks more like the chibbi version from the Death star (no jocking).

how many times do people need to say itThe tie advance is scaled right! Its always been small! The regular tie fighters always made the advance look to small and chibbi,.

I present to the court

video as evidence. :tongue:

The only gripe I have about the TIE Advance is that it is a bit short, but that won't stop me from getting it.

I am interested in seeing how they will portray Ahsoka's lightsaber blades.

I really hope trans-white, but is that possible?

I really hope trans-white, but is that possible?

I think it is. It could just be a cloudier version of what we already have.

How is Sato more desirable than Ahsoka? To each his own but still, Ahsoka is twenty times more popular and liked amongst the fans...

I didn't say that one was more desirable than the other, just that if both are desirable, then one alone wouldn't be the main selling point. Most of the other characters I see mentioned would be even more desirable than Sato, so I think they're even less likely (from the little information we have).