Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the Ahsoka Set.

What makes you think so?

What makes you think so?

I've said it multiple times on here about this set, Ahsoka is the only good thing about the set. That's all we know for now.

Edited by amazingbricks

I've said it multiple times on here about this set, Ahsoka is the only good thing about the set. That's all we know for now.

Which is where my comment comes from.

I don't care if it's a glorified battle pack, as long as it has Ahsoka and hopefully the Seventh Sister then it will be okay with me. And if it's under $30, then that's even better. I'd prefer an orange B-Wing or a yellow TIE fighter, but I'm realistic.

Edited by JPN366

Ahsoka's the main selling point of the set, that's not the same as being the only good thing about it.

Really I don't think anyone cares too much about what the set is. Sure, a Blockade Runner or something would be amazing, but at the end of the day everyone's only really excited for it for one reason: Ahsoka. As long as her figure is good, people will be happy. As far as I'm concerned it's likely just the standalone A-wing that has been rumored for a long time now, and I'm just as excited for it as I would be if it were almost anything else.

If the Death Star is getting a new release, then pray and hope TLG use the proper printing for Grand Moff Tarkin from that TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing set.

I mean, at least they finally get it right with the 4 code cylinders but they should also use that printing on a dark gray torso.

Plus, I see potential of that torso (with a different rank plaque) being used for another key Imp from Rebels; Admiral Konstantine.

From what I've gathered:

Ahsoka will be the only good thing / main selling point. Don't expect any other desirable characters, and don't expect the set to be any good.

Ahsoka will have the old headpiece. I think I remember hearing that several pages back. So don't expect Ahsoka herself to be any good.

Sounds to me like many will be disappointed by this set.

Would the Woman's head from the Star Scavenger work?

I checked the high-rez minifig pics of the summer wave and unfortunately this is a no, lip color doesn't really match well and the vibe just isn't right.

I thought the Ahsoka set was just a rumor still? Im not trying to burst anyones bubble but isnt it odd we have heard absolutely nothing of it in terms of confirmation?

Ahsoka and the 4th Marvel set have both been confirmed, but nothing has been seen. This comes from the usual, reliable sources.

Surely the old Ahsoka head piece is for the prelims. They already have the right head piece from Shak Ti. All they'd have to do is reprint it.

Really, aside from Kylo Ren's shuttle, the TFA sets are pretty accurate. Poe's X-Wing is one of the WORST sets to me, because the wings are so floppy... the rubber band is the only thing holding them in place, and it doesn't so that well. I'm sad to see that the summer X-Wing doesn't actually appear to fix anything about that...

Also, if they put out a TIE for Rogue One, we'd have 3 TIE's in a year. Which would be good with me, because 75101 would then lower in price enough to be worthwhile.

I just used the two extra bands, and put 2 bands on each set of wings. Problem solved....almost.

I'd say the one I would consider most like a freighter is the hammerhead.

Edited by Kman860

How can one be so sure that this set will be a disappointment on so many levels. X105Black, you seem to know more about this set than the rest of us. How else would you make such bold claims?

How can one be so sure that this set will be a disappointment on so many levels. X105Black, you seem to know more about this set than the rest of us. How else would you make such bold claims?

I think it's 2 things, 1-Some people are making assumptions based on earlier information, and 2-Some people are full of crap.

He's gotten all of that info from me a couple of pages back :)

Not to mention the fact that Attack on Hoth has sort of dialed most of our expectations for the entire theme back a bit. If you can mess up Hoth you can mess up anything, and this set certainly could turn out to be a dud as well. But barring any exclusive knowledge that the set is a shrine to Jar Jar and her fig will just be an Angry Clone head and nothing more, I can't imagine this being a huge disappointment in any way. But then again, I suppose our hopes do seem a tad high for it, I can almost hear the holomessage..."help us Ahsoka retailer exclusive, you're our only hope in a year of mediocre sets"...

Not to mention the fact that Attack on Hoth has sort of dialed most of our expectations for the entire theme back a bit. If you can mess up Hoth you can mess up anything, and this set certainly could turn out to be a dud as well. But barring any exclusive knowledge that the set is a shrine to Jar Jar and her fig will just be an Angry Clone head and nothing more, I can't imagine this being a huge disappointment in any way. But then again, I suppose our hopes do seem a tad high for it, I can almost hear the holomessage..."help us Ahsoka retailer exclusive, you're our only hope in a year of mediocre sets"...

Well, if you look at Technic, a lot of the 1H sets were a bit disappointing, but the 2H sets are awesome. So I'm thinking that maybe the Death Star and Rogue One sets will make up for all the other crap this year.

I want a jar jar shrine

Ahsoka will be the only good thing / main selling point. Don't expect any other desirable characters, and don't expect the set to be any good.

I'm not sure I understand this mindset, how does Ahsoka being the main selling point automatically mean that the rest of the set will be horrible? It's Ahsoka, of course she's going to be the main selling point. The set and the other figures would have to be absolutely outstanding for this to not be the case. In fact, I can't think of a single figure that even could be included in the set that could outshine Ahsoka.

Ahsoka will have the old headpiece. I think I remember hearing that several pages back. So don't expect Ahsoka herself to be any good.

It was discussed a few pages back, but that's all it was, a discussion. There has been no confirmation at all about Ahsoka's headpiece, and it sounds like even those who know about the set haven't actually seen it yet (or if they have, they're keeping their mouths shut).

I hope there's at least one more new character included besides Ahsoka. One thing I don't like about the Rebels sets is the lack of variety in minifigures.

Seeing the Seventh Sister, Eighth Brother, Commander Sato, Bail Organa or even Rebels versions of Maul/Leia/Lando/Hondo would be welcome over another Kanan, Ezra, Stormtrooper and Sabine.

Well, a lot of people are expecting another major unique character. I doubt it will happen, otherwise they would both be huge selling points together rather than one or the other. Same goes for a unique or desirable ship. That would be a huge selling point in itself, but it has been reiterated over and over that Ahsoka alone is the main selling point.

We still don't know what the headpiece on Ahsoka will be, but if it is either Shaak Ti's or the earlier young version, it will be wrong. All we have is someone who saw a preliminary image with the earlier headpiece, it could change or stay the same, no way to know for sure.

Edited by x105Black

I thought the Ahsoka set was just a rumor still? Im not trying to burst anyones bubble but isnt it odd we have heard absolutely nothing of it in terms of confirmation?

We never really see much from exclusive sets like this until about a month before they're released. For some reason leaks are much rarer for exclusives as well, so this is nothing out of the ordinary.