Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I can't find it on the last few pages, anyone know when the next wave of Force Awakens and Star Wars sets come out this summer?

I kinda like the build in the Eclipse Fighter set... also, when are we going to get some info about the Rogue One sets?! I want my AT-ST already! :cry_sad:

Dose anyone have a possible idea of when sets like the new clone turbo tank, poe's blue x-wing and vaders tie fighter are coming out? They are at the min the only sets I want to get me hands on. I never got the clone turbo tank when the clone wars series was on TV but had the one from revenge of the sith, poe's blue x-wing I want 2x due to the spare pilot you get with his black x-wing and because I have the micro resistance x-wing and vaders tie fighter, I've had all but one of his minifig scale ships same with the a-wing.

Edited by Garno92

I kind of hope these new softer capes aren't permanently used in Star Wars sets. I get their purpose of allowing figures to sit down without creasing the cape, but I just personally like the look of the traditional fabric capes so much more. The softer ones sort of look like blankets draped over the figure.

Dose anyone have a possible idea of when sets like the new clone turbo tank, poe's blue x-wing and vaders tie fighter are coming out? They are at the min the only sets I want to get me hands on. I never got the clone turbo tank when the clone wars series was on TV but had the one from revenge of the sith, poe's blue x-wing I want 2x due to the spare pilot you get with his black x-wing and because I have the micro resistance x-wing and vaders tie fighter, I've had all but one of his minifig scale ships same with the a-wing.

June.

Hopefully it won't be released 3 months for NA like the last winter wave. In my case I'm simply saving up for Rogue One, as the set selection looks really damn promising, much more so than TFA which was all over the place.

Hopefully it won't be released 3 months for NA like the last winter wave. In my case I'm simply saving up for Rogue One, as the set selection looks really damn promising, much more so than TFA which was all over the place.

What do you mean 3 months?

What do you mean 3 months?

I think this refers to quite a few of the winter sets not coming out in N. America until March, whereas the rest of the world got them at the end of December...

Im sure someone has already pointed this out somewhere,I've just realised, the Eclipse fighter set, the minifig comes with a standard rifle gun, no stud shooter... :)

Im sure someone has already pointed this out somewhere,I've just realised, the Eclipse fighter set, the minifig comes with a standard rifle gun, no stud shooter... :)

Most SW sets still come with standard pistols, blasters and rifles. Only battle packs come with stud shooters.

Most SW sets still come with standard pistols, blasters and rifles. Only battle packs come with stud shooters.

That's true, but what I've noticed is that ever since battlepacks started using horrible stud shooters, it's been much more difficult to find medium sized blasters in regular sets. Nowadays medium sized blasters usually come with Stormtrooper minifigs, and occasionally with others as well. It looks like Lego purposefully made them kinda rare. If you look at all of 1st half of 2016 sets 4 sets had these blasters . Even UCS Hoty set( sort I'm beating dead horse here) has only 2 medium blasters! The rest are pistols and sniper rifles, which I find very weird.

That's true, but what I've noticed is that ever since battlepacks started using horrible stud shooters, it's been much more difficult to find medium sized blasters in regular sets. Nowadays medium sized blasters usually come with Stormtrooper minifigs, and occasionally with others as well. It looks like Lego purposefully made them kinda rare. If you look at all of 1st half of 2016 sets 4 sets had these blasters . Even UCS Hoty set( sort I'm beating dead horse here) has only 2 medium blasters! The rest are pistols and sniper rifles, which I find very weird.

Kanan speeder bike is the "cheapest" way to amass them currently, comes with 7 of them. But yeah, they should definitly include both gun models in Battlepacks, it's frustrating. Although one thing that makes stud shooters more visually appealing is to add those black stocks to the butt of the gun like in the Imperial BP. Let's see how Lego handles this in the future...especially for Rogue One which I think will be more AFOL oriented in it's design.

Kanan speeder bike is the "cheapest" way to amass them currently, comes with 7 of them. But yeah, they should definitly include both gun models in Battlepacks, it's frustrating. Although one thing that makes stud shooters more visually appealing is to add those black stocks to the butt of the gun like in the Imperial BP. Let's see how Lego handles this in the future...especially for Rogue One which I think will be more AFOL oriented in it's design.

I really don't understand why stud shooters were made in a first place. They look so bad, they remind me of the time when Lego didn't create 3 blaster molds and they were using City megaphone piece with translucent stud. While I like stud shooters on spaceships as a play feature, I hate them being used as a blasters. So I hope Lego won't be using them in 2017 battlepacks. But who am I kidding, they will continue using them until accident with stud shooter will happen, and some parents will sue them to stop using stud shooters. Edited by benderisgreat

This is especially true since other themes are using the realistic looking guns - for example, the Marvel Airport Battle uses the sub-machine gun piece. It's not like Lego decided to move away from realistic guns permanently, so I don't know why they moved away from them in battlepacks.

At least I've been able to amass a small armory of the realistic guns over the past few years. I probably have at least 3/4 of a small PaB cup full of the pistols, blasters, and rifles.

I am excited for the summer wave, but only because I can finally pick up the proper Resistance X Wing.

More or less the only set I am actually interested in (The Tie Advanced/A Wing doesnt look too shabby either, but I already have the normal Tie and the Fury Interceptor which is enough), and one that I will probably mod to hell.

Arent there already MODs of the existing POE X-Wing that changed the X-Foil mechanism so it doesnt require the rubber bands?

Since now you can find the summer sets in Germany:

Picture too big...)-;

Bought them, will try to take some pictures while building.