Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

It looks official enough to me, and I gotta say they look great.

My main issues are with Diego Luna's and Wen Jiang's hairpieces. I can't think of another piece they could use for Diego Luna, it just doesn't look right. For Jiang, hands down Thorin's hairpiece would've been 100% better.

It also looks like they've simply put clear goggles on Kanan's hairpiece for Riz Ahmed's character, which looks cool, But I doubt it'll hold.

I'm in much greater anticipation now to see the new Deathtroopers and of course Ben Mendhelson's villain.

It looks official enough to me, and I gotta say they look great.

My main issues are with Diego Luna's and Wen Jiang's hairpieces. I can't think of another piece they could use for Diego Luna, it just doesn't look right. For Jiang, hands down Thorin's hairpiece would've been 100% better.

It also looks like they've simply put clear goggles on Kanan's hairpiece for Riz Ahmed's character, which looks cool, But I doubt it'll hold.

I'm in much greater anticipation now to see the new Deathtroopers and of course Ben Mendhelson's villain.

You can make a temp Mendelsohn character right now with a suitable head & hair, Yularen's torso, black legs, and a white cape! :laugh:

But remember, it's just an illustration. Probably doesn't reflect most of the prints or pieces we'll see in the final sets. Diego's hair will probably be the standard short tousled in black or dark brown, tho it's possible they might use something else.

Does anyone think they even have the physical pieces made up yet? I'm positive this is just a teaser.

I thought there was something like a six month lead time for Lego. Six months to make the stuff and then get it to the shelves.

Highly doubt these are the final designs. It's simply just one of those posters that LEGO likes to make. The final figures should be much better.

Highly doubt these are the final designs. It's simply just one of those posters that LEGO likes to make. The final figures should be much better.

+1

I doubt Lego would have final designs on this many characters so far out from the set releases. We still have 5 months until they release, so while i'm sure they're pretty far into the design process I doubt they're shelf ready let alone display ready.

Either way i'm excited for the sets. In the trailer we got to see a bunch of Rebel Naval Troopers and Endor style commandos. Hopefully a set with those guys.

The two ideal sets would be an empire and rebel battle pack on the same level of quality as the current two but with Rogue One units.

I doubt Lego would have final designs on this many characters so far out from the set releases. We still have 5 months until they release, so while i'm sure they're pretty far into the design process I doubt they're shelf ready let alone display ready.

Either way i'm excited for the sets. In the trailer we got to see a bunch of Rebel Naval Troopers and Endor style commandos. Hopefully a set with those guys.

The two ideal sets would be an empire and rebel battle pack on the same level of quality as the current two but with Rogue One units.

There are even more, too! In the scene where Jyn & Diego are exiting the hangar, they've got a couple Endor-y guys on their right, right behind the Gonk droid... then on the far right, there are a couple guys with brand-new helmets--possibly two distinct styles--with a Hoth-ish guy approaching them from the left. There's a guy in the foreground crossing from left to right, I think he's got one of the new hats, too! Lots of possibilities here; it'd be nice if Lego gave us several prints for various rebel soldiers, officers... and some gunbelts printed on legs, too!

This seems like very good fan art, not final designs. It seems unlikely Lego would stray so far from the real teaser poster (example, nearly everything about Donnie Yen's character is wrong).

How long before the Sept. release last year was it that we got leaked final box art images of Kylo Ren's shuttle? It seemed like ~ 6 months of endless debate about the wings. I would be surprised if the sets weren't finalised by now. That's not to say the image we have seen of the RO minifigs are the final design though, being official and all.

Edited by Markalus

I'm afraid of that, too. I guess that means the entire 2016 D2C list is out !

Here are my predictions.

October 2016: Death Star

May 2017: Snowspeeder

There's still a chance for another UCS set this year.

Considering what Rogue One is about they would be insane, INSANE, to release a Death Star UCS next year and not this year. People will by hyped about the Death Star by the time Rogue One comes out and interest in it will be at it's peak. Especially if the alternative is the UCS snow speeder. I think it's clear the snow speeder cannot be this year unless we get three UCS in 2016.

There are even more, too! In the scene where Jyn & Diego are exiting the hangar, they've got a couple Endor-y guys on their right, right behind the Gonk droid... then on the far right, there are a couple guys with brand-new helmets--possibly two distinct styles--with a Hoth-ish guy approaching them from the left. There's a guy in the foreground crossing from left to right, I think he's got one of the new hats, too! Lots of possibilities here; it'd be nice if Lego gave us several prints for various rebel soldiers, officers... and some gunbelts printed on legs, too!

Didnt notice those, i'm excited! The possibilities are endless so it's in TLG's court to make use of it all.

How long before the Sept. release last year was it that we got leaked final box art images of Kylo Ren's shuttle? It seemed like ~ 6 months of endless debate about the wings. I would be surprised if the sets weren't finalised by now. That's not to say the image we have seen of the RO minifigs are the final design though, being official and all.

If I remember correctly, the leaked image of Kylo's Shuttle surfaced in late April/early May of last year. Hopefully we'll start getting leaked Rogue One set images very soon.

I can honestly say the this year's Death Star will be Rogue related, they will probably include the OT features and add extra rooms related to Rogue One. It would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't. The only downside of this are the minifigures where we all know wouldn't be the same or close to the figs seen in the 2008.

I hope I am wrong and we just get a classic one, I just want OT figs.

Not really. I'm pretty sure by OT figs he means he's only interested in characters from the classic movies. You know Luke, Leia, Han, Obi-Wan, Chewie, Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin etc.

No Jyn Erso and her team, Death Squad Troopers, Scarab Troopers or White Cape Guy. Rogue One might be set in the same time period but it mean they're a part of the Original Trilogy.

Not really. I'm pretty sure by OT figs he means he's only interested in characters from the classic movies. You know Luke, Leia, Han, Obi-Wan, Chewie, Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin etc.

No Jyn Erso and her team, Death Squad Troopers, Scarab Troopers or White Cape Guy. Rogue One might be set in the same time period but it mean they're a part of the Original Trilogy.

True, so new question, what will we collectively call the standalone movies? The SaT (StandAlone Trilogy), or StT (STandalone Trilogy)?

Side question, are there 2 or 3, because last I heard there was 2, R1 and the Han Solo one.

Edited by Kman860

Side question, are there 2 or 3, because last I heard there was 2, R1 and the Han Solo one.

I think its a Han one and Boba one

Have you ever seen the Lego store run out of polybags or sell out of a UCS set on May the fourth?

Polybags, definitely. UCS set stock will vary wildly from store to store. Best to go on the 30th or 1st though, to be safe.