Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

My question is, will there be any bounty hunters from ESB?

Boba Fett is almost a given. I could see a case for other bounty hunters to be included.

I wouldn't count on seeing any Rogue One sets after the initial wave other than maybe a few promotional items and figs. That's pretty much what they've done for the stand-alone Marvel films and I wouldn't expect it to be much different for Star Wars.

Except that there is only 1 SW movie per year, unlike Marvel.

Surely rotating wings refers to Slave 1?

According to my information, there won't be a Slave I in this wave. The ship with rotating wings is a new one, perhaps the one seen in the trailer..

According to my information, there won't be a Slave I in this wave. The ship with rotating wings is a new one, perhaps the one seen in the trailer..

Which trailer? Theres a new trailer out?

Which trailer? Theres a new trailer out?

IIRC, there was the leaked comic-con teaser in potato quality

No, they're referring to the concept art linked on the last page.

Ahhh good to know, I figure but with the leaked comic con teaser being almost a year old now (at least it feels that long ago) I was holding out hope there may be more leaked.

I would love a nice small one aswell.

Plz lego workers reading this.

I couldn't see then doing a small Slave 1 while the UCS is still on the shelves. I imagine the UCS will be around well after the release of R1.

I couldn't see then doing a small Slave 1 while the UCS is still on the shelves. I imagine the UCS will be around well after the release of R1.

It's hard to predict what TLG will do in the future. It seems likely there will be a "UCS" playset with a small Snowspeeder and a bona fide UCS Snowspeeder on the shelves at the same time. Maybe there's hope we will get a UCS Cloud City playset with small Slave 1. We all know Snowspeeders and Hoth are a special case though :wink:

You are right, sounds strange. Perhaps a lot of small parts, and the merchandise machine isn't as biogas E VII...

BTW: there won't be a X-wing, and no TIE Fighter. I got descriptions weeks away and there will be the AT-ST, two more or less new spaceships (one with rotating wings).

Very excited to see the sets, price-piece combination seems very fair for Europe, too this time.

Greetings. Hendrik

Oh yes the price-per-part ratio seems to be soo totally very fair. Its all above 10 cents per piece :hmpf_bad: (as usual)

Edited by BigEl

My question is, will there be any bounty hunters from ESB?

Word on the street is there are gonna be cameos from most if not all of the ESB bounty hunters. The possibility of TCW bounty hunters is very strong as well- particularly on the Cad Bane front. Live action Embo? Count me in! Given their popularity, I think the possibility of them showing up in sets is very strong.

Edited by Junior Shark

Word on the street is there are gonna be cameos from most if not all of the ESB bounty hunters. The possibility of TCW bounty hunters is very strong as well- particularly on the Cad Bane front. Live action Embo? Count me in! Given their popularity, I think the possibility of them showing up in sets is very strong.

If that happens, I don't even care what the sets are, I'm buying all of them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even if we do see them, they'll probably be significantly different. We only need 4-Lom and Zuckuss, but I imagine we'll end up seeing "IG-88 with red arm" "4-Lom with a jet black paint job" "Dengar before head injury" "Zuckuss with an Afro." Variations from the ESB appearance are almost guaranteed, if only to sell more toys. But I HOPE that if we ever see them in Lego form, they are the ESB version.

@Jbricks:

I don't know why they would do that- if their appearance is a cameo, then it wouldn't make sense to change their appearance, IMO. And if their appearance was different, I hope it wouldn't be due to the 100% cynical claim "to sell more toys". If they looked different from their classic selves, then people wouldn't get the cameo. And Dengar would totally look the same, since he's always worn those wrappings in the official canon: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/24/Dengar-TCW.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120303050459

I rewatched TFA recently looking for this guy with the extra shoulder pack and backpack. There was one in Nima outpost when Finn and Rey first met, he had the backpack and blaster (as opposed to heavy artillery) but no pouches. Couldn't see anyone anywhere else with the extra pouches on the left shoulder.

One thing i did spot when watching the deleted scene was a Heavy Trooper officer in Maz' Castle, with the added red pauldron. The pouches on the shoulder are reminiscent of the Sandtrooper from Mos Eisley cantina, I think most of us would have been happier if this was a Heavy Officer rather than just another variant of heavy trooper.

I would have taken the 2013 promo Hoth Han with the old-man Han head and hair as a Starkiller Base version over this.

Here's hoping for a Rogue One promo minifigure later this year.

Edited by HawkLord

how did you watch is it out yet?

It's still out in theaters many place. For instance the National Air & Space Museum in DC is about to start showing it again for an encore run at their IMAX. If anyone lives in that area and they want to watch it again that screen is awesome. I forget if it's two or three stories tall but good lord did I feel like I was in the movie

I rewatched TFA recently looking for this guy with the extra shoulder pack and backpack. There was one in Nima outpost when Finn and Rey first met, he had the backpack and blaster (as opposed to heavy artillery) but no pouches. Couldn't see anyone anywhere else with the extra pouches on the left shoulder.

I think it's supposed to be based on the Nima outpost one. He's the only one I've seen with a backpack. He has the 3 white bits (ammo clips?) on the front, like the heavy gunners, but I think Lego's print is just off.

Yeah there are troopers with white pauldrons and ones with red/orange pauldrons (I'm colour blind) , which would have looked better in my opinion.

how did you watch is it out yet?

Blueray rips are already online, and official dvd/bluray relase is just days away...

No May 4th promo should ever be of someone that the die-hard community at large has to guess as to exactly what scene they were in.

That is why you fail...