Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I got one in a goodie bag at a recent TRU event in Norway, so most things point to it being a TRU exclusive.

What was the requirement of getting it? Did you have to spend a certain amount of money to get one?

I got it since I was assisting with the event through my LUG, but they were also giving them out to the 100 first customers each day during the two-day event. No purchase requirement.

I think it can vary a lot from store to store how well the staff is informed about how the promos should be handled though.

Wow only one set of 5 isn't super overpriced! And the cheapest one is 40$, which costs twice as much as cheapest TFA set. Unfortunately no preliminary set names this time around, which makes it hard to judge what these sets are. P.s. if non UCS Slave One is coming I think either 80 or 100€ set will be new Slave One.

Wow only one set of 5 isn't super overpriced! And the cheapest one is 40$, which costs twice as much as cheapest TFA set. Unfortunately no preliminary set names this time around, which makes it hard to judge what these sets are. P.s. if non UCS Slave One is coming I think either 80 or 100€ set will be new Slave One.

Maybe a set in Cloud City including a small Slave I. Like the quinjet in the Civil War set.

Edited by hachiroku

Maybe a set in Cloud City including a small Slave I. Like the quinjet in the Civil War set.

I doubt we will see Cloud City in Rogue One.

At-St can be either 40 or 50 € sets since last version was 30€. New one can bigger and better!

So the cheapest set will be $40, yikes...

Exactly. No entry level $20 set and probably no battlepacks later. Even if there is a cool new trooper type in the movie, they probably will release it in a larger set. Surprising since even Marvel is following a trend of at least one movie per year, but they offer $20 sets.

Exactly. No entry level $20 set and probably no battlepacks later. Even if there is a cool new trooper type in the movie, they probably will release it in a larger set. Surprising since even Marvel is following a trend of at least one movie per year, but they offer $20 sets.

I hope January 2017 will have 2 Rogue One Battlepacks: 1 for new Death Troopers and one for rebel soldiers.

I wouldn't count on seeing any Rogue One sets after the initial wave other than maybe a few promotional items and figs. That's pretty much what they've done for the stand-alone Marvel films and I wouldn't expect it to be much different for Star Wars.

I think Lego can just run the current Rebel and Imperial battlepacks for some time and both will be relevant to Rogue One and the Fett and Solo movies. It's be nice actually to see a battlepack stay out for a few years.

Not a snowtrooper backpack just a backpack that stormtroopers and gunners wear look a few pages back.

Actually, it pretty much is a Snowtrooper backpack:

*snip*

Soooo excited for that X-Wing! My money's on Rogue One BPs coming out in January, like how the TFA BPs didn't come in September but in January.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

So the cheapest set will be $40, yikes...

Why do you "translate" 39,99 EUR to 40$?

ALL of the sets here in Europe are 10 bucks more than in the US.

So 29.99$, ...,89.99$

So 29.99$, ...,89.99$

Pay attention to the piece count ;) it has 385 pieces or something like that and that will not make for a $30 set. It's common knowledge in the star wars sets.

So 29.99$, ...,89.99$

He could be right- the TIE Advanced Prototype was $40 and 50 euros: http://brickset.com/...anced-Prototype, and The Ghost was $90 and 100 euros: http://brickset.com/...053-1/The-Ghost

Edit: Ninja'd by amazingbricks, who is right about the piece count. Lame. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Junior Shark

Pay attention to the piece count ;) it has 385 pieces or something like that and that will not make for a $30 set. It's common knowledge in the star wars sets.

Brickset just "copied" my price guesses for US$.

You will see, I am right. Just look at the releases from the last years..

I know that one of them is an AT-ST...(-;

You were the person I was quoting! ;P

Edited by CM4Sci

Brickset just "copied" my price guesses for US$.

You will see, I am right. Just look at the releases from the last years..

Alright, It just doesn't sound right to me. Why would a star wars set, especially now, make a $30 set with 385 pieces? That sounds way to good to be true, the force awakens sets had expensive prices for the piece counts. We'll just have to wait and see.

Any guesses on what Canadian prices will be? I'm guessing the same as euro, maybe ~10 bucks on top of that for last 2 or 3.

Edited by Kman860

Any guesses on what Canadian prices will be? I'm guessing the same as euro, maybe ~10 bucks on top of that for last 2 or 3.

I can't even imagine, I feel bad for all of you from Canada :(