Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Do we have any idea which UCS set will be retired to make room for the new Hoth one?

I thought/assumed it would be Ewok Village.

Wow. Incredible. It is a great looking figure, but it is definitely not May 4th-worthy. More than anything, I'm confused at Lego's apparent lack of common sense with this figure. Why would people want to shell out big bucks for this figure when they can get it (more or less) for $12? There is almost no incentive for AFOLs to get this, and astute parents buying for children will notice the fig's lack of exclusivity as well. I bet they'll pull a Clone Lieutenant on us and release it in a later set. Like Gadzooks said, a Special Forces TIE pilot with the red striping would have been 200% better than this vested loser. [Cue Seinfeld Denim Vest jokes]

Why the 1x2 tile for the backpack? In the film, the backpack is a Snowtrooper backpack, which is represented in Lego form by a 1x1 tile.

And the Sandtrooper-style shoulder ammo pouch? In this picture (http://vignette2.wik...=20150811001647) the officers have it, and in this picture (https://fsmedia.imgi...uto=format&q=75) the Heavy Gunners have it. I guess I need to stock up on this fig so I can perfectly recreate the TFA rally scene :hmpf_bad:[/sarcasm]

Edit: Actually, no, the Heavy Gunners don't have 'em in that second pic. I thought the black undersuit was the ammo pouches :blush:

Edited by Junior Shark

I don't keep up with Star Wars news, so I anyone can answer this it'd be pretty nifty of them.

What was the soldier guy polybag with the red band on his arm for? I assumed he was the May 4th promotion, but I see now that was wrong.

Thanks.

He is the First Order General, like Tariq said. He would have been a 200% better May 4th minifigure than what we have, IMO :hmpf_bad:. We first heard of him through a Singapore (?) Toys R Us ad- so the assumption is he will be distributed everywhere else through TrU as well, much like the TFA C-3PO minifigure.

I am just curious if Lego even cares what fans think about this polybag? I mean almost everyone in this thread (including myself) hates this years choice for May 4th. And the worst part is there are a lot of side characters from TFA they could have released instead of generic Heavy Stormtrooper: Guvian Death Gang, Bazine , Crimson Corsair or any alien from Maz's castle. So many choices and yet they went "el chipo" way and release slightly reprinted minifigure from the FO Battlepack.

I am just curious if Lego even cares what fans think about this polybag? I mean almost everyone in this thread (including myself) hates this years choice for May 4th. And the worst part is there are a lot of side characters from TFA they could have released instead of generic Heavy Stormtrooper: Guvian Death Gang, Bazine , Crimson Corsair or any alien from Maz's castle. So many choices and yet they went "el chipo" way and release slightly reprinted minifigure from the FO Battlepack.

what I want to know is why did they waste their money on designing a new print which has a nominal difference to another one?

what I want to know is why did they waste their money on designing a new print which has a nominal difference to another one?

With the clone wars a lot of people always wanted this or that trooper, so maybe they thought of these the same way?

Prints don't really cost much money, especially if they're so similar. Plus, if it uses the same print, it's not exclusive.

I think the better question is why they wasted their money designing a new print for a random Stormtrooper instead of an actual exclusive figure.

There have been a few comments identifying this (below image) stormy on Jakku as the May 4th exclusive minifigure.

Yes he has a backpack, but the ammo packs on the left shoulder are missing, so not this guy either.

Although I agree a more exciting character could/should have been chosen, I really like this variation and will definitely be picking him up.

Definitely based on him, The pockets are just extra detail to make the Lego figure look better.

Edited by Jbricks

The pockets are just extra detail to make the Lego figure look better.

Yeah no, Lego wouldn't add random crap just for the sake of aesthetics. If you were to peruse recent posts in this thread, you would discover that there are actual movie reasons for the pockets on the fig.

Edited by Junior Shark

Debating on the Advent calendar. I want that white chewbacca but it'll probably be cheaper just to get him on the secondary market since half the advent calendar doesn't appeal to me.

My one hope is that the Rogue One sets blow us all away. Besides the Rebel and Empire BP i've been unimpressed by this years line. The good sets were overpriced and the others just weren't very good.

Does anyone know how the First Order General is being distributed? It is currently available but at ridiculous prices, are these just early leaked units or is this the extent of its release?

Reminder that I think one is a AT-ST!

And there must be a custom painted T-65 X-wing, based on set photos so far.

Does anyone know how the First Order General is being distributed? It is currently available but at ridiculous prices, are these just early leaked units or is this the extent of its release?

From what I'm hearing, it's going to be the same case as the red C-3PO. As of now, not coming to the US :(

And there must be a custom painted T-65 X-wing, based on set photos so far.

Even though the movie is based off of rebels, I find it VERY hard to believe they'll have 3 X wings on the shelves (assuming Poe's black one is still for sale in September).

Debating on the Advent calendar. I want that white chewbacca but it'll probably be cheaper just to get him on the secondary market since half the advent calendar doesn't appeal to me.

My one hope is that the Rogue One sets blow us all away. Besides the Rebel and Empire BP i've been unimpressed by this years line. The good sets were overpriced and the others just weren't very good.

How do you feel about Rebels? Because there's an exclusive set containing Ahsoka as well for us to get excited about.

I got one in a goodie bag at a recent TRU event in Norway, so most things point to it being a TRU exclusive.

Wow. Incredible. It is a great looking figure, but it is definitely not May 4th-worthy. More than anything, I'm confused at Lego's apparent lack of common sense with this figure. Why would people want to shell out big bucks for this figure when they can get it (more or less) for $12? There is almost no incentive for AFOLs to get this, and astute parents buying for children will notice the fig's lack of exclusivity as well. I bet they'll pull a Clone Lieutenant on us and release it in a later set. Like Gadzooks said, a Special Forces TIE pilot with the red striping would have been 200% better than this vested loser. [Cue Seinfeld Denim Vest jokes]

Why the 1x2 tile for the backpack? In the film, the backpack is a Snowtrooper backpack, which is represented in Lego form by a 1x1 tile.

And the Sandtrooper-style shoulder ammo pouch? In this picture (http://vignette2.wik...=20150811001647) the officers have it, and in this picture (https://fsmedia.imgi...uto=format&q=75) the Heavy Gunners have it. I guess I need to stock up on this fig so I can perfectly recreate the TFA rally scene :hmpf_bad:[/sarcasm]

Edit: Actually, no, the Heavy Gunners don't have 'em in that second pic. I thought the black undersuit was the ammo pouches :blush:

Not a snowtrooper backpack just a backpack that stormtroopers and gunners wear look a few pages back.