Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Great, thanks for the clarification. All the CAD prices for this wave are still appearing as "-" on Brickset.

It's a rare treat and a relief to read about something being cheaper than expected in this thread for a change! With the CAD lower than usual against the USD I was fearing the worst. But I guess also the piece counts are lower than what I thought they were.

Re: Hux's hair, I'm using an extra Starlord hairpiece (Guardians of the Galaxy) and the color/style seems to fit well, too.

Has anyone heard any interesting rumors? The wait for news / march sets to appear in stores is unbearable .. I keep checking back to see if news might have surfaced..

Edited by Squarefoot_Calrissian

Wow... like that's it? An army-builder type character with no name and limited printing?

This is one I bet I won't even see stolen out of the package like all the others!

Wow... like that's it? An army-builder type character with no name and limited printing?

This is one I bet I won't even see stolen out of the package like all the others!

I like it because it's obscure and it goes well with the Encounter on Jakku set. Will definitely put those two and Rey's speeder together

Awesome!! Thank you

*snip*

Cheers for adding the picture - I'm out and about so couldn't do it on my phone. I reckon the minifigure is actually pretty useful for lots of scenarios - cantina, Jabba's Palace etc.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Great torso for zombie-lovers, I suppose... seems pretty boring to me however, tho I realize between this guy and the one in the Rey's Speeder set we'll now have both thugs that attack her in Niima Outpost. I just find the design boring; hopefully we'll never see another desert world populated by people in tattered wraps in later films :tongue:

I give it three mehs out of five. Its an okay minifigure. What bewilders me is why it was apart of this and not an additional figure for Encounter on Jakku?

75099 Rey's Speeder + 75148 Encounter on Jakku + this promo figure =

unkars-thugs_0ce4cde0.jpeg?region=0%2C189%2C1560%2C780

Now we just need that other obscure guy in the background and we're all set! :grin:

Edited by ADHO15

The figs alright, but unfortunately it's a mix of a lot of things, none of which come across to me as star wars. It just looks like a cross between a zombie and a mummy, and is the least star-wars-like minifigure I've ever seen made for the theme.

Edited by Dragonlego27

I give it three mehs out of five. Its an okay minifigure. What bewilders me is why it was apart of this and not an additional figure for Encounter on Jakku?

Good point. What an absurd choice for the book minifigure, I wouldn't be persuaded to buy it for that. It looks like something that should've been in the Scooby Doo theme, in my honest opinion. :sceptic:

But where does the rumour of San Hill as the fourth may figure come from, that would be fantastic since I have a hard time seeing him ever be created if TLG does not make a large separatist council set, which I doubt they will do, unless part of a USC genosian set, due to the little action in a board meeting and the thus lack of popularity among kids

But where does the rumour of San Hill as the fourth may figure come from, that would be fantastic since I have a hard time seeing him ever be created if TLG does not make a large separatist council set, which I doubt they will do, unless part of a USC genosian set, due to the little action in a board meeting and the thus lack of popularity among kids

It came up because someone wanted him.

It came up because someone wanted him.

Oh so not very likely then =( well most likely it will be a episode VII figure, however not a central one that will come in a set later anyway, I would go for Bazine Netal, Bala-Tik or a yet unintroduced lego charachter or relative importance, would be boring, but if you look at the last few promofigures, I would make sense

It was never a legit rumor, just wish-listing. Most people are betting it will be a TFA or Rebels related character. Also possibly Hoth Leia to go with the UCS.

Eh. We still don't have Ponda Baba, but this is an exclusive? Definite pass for me, which is ok because I still have to get the book with white Boba anyway.

That Unkar's Thug figure should have been included in the Encounter on Jakku set. I think that would have made it a bit more worth the $60 price tag.