Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I personally have no desire for a chrome Phasma mainly because she does basically nothing in TFA and I think there are much better figs that could be done.

Someone brought this up in the Assault on Hoth thread but with the advent of the next wave releasing in North America, it would be cool to think the Carbon Freezing Chamber is simply part of a larger Cloud City model. I don't own it so I don't now if it's capable of being modular in the vein of Jabba's Palace and the Rancor pit.

Someone brought this up in the Assault on Hoth thread but with the advent of the next wave releasing in North America, it would be cool to think the Carbon Freezing Chamber is simply part of a larger Cloud City model. I don't own it so I don't now if it's capable of being modular in the vein of Jabba's Palace and the Rancor pit.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem the case. The Carbon Chamber doesn't have any modular connection points and there's no other Bespin-themed sets coming in the Summer wave. The third 2016 wave will be all Rogue One and the next two UCS sets are the Death Star and Snowspeeder.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem the case. The Carbon Chamber doesn't have any modular connection points and there's no other Bespin-themed sets coming in the Summer wave. The third 2016 wave will be all Rogue One and the next two UCS sets are the Death Star and Snowspeeder.

Ahh well.

The rumor train has been saying

we're going to see Finn and Poe Dameron go to Cloud City in the next movie including Billy Dee returning as an older Lando (the latter I think has been confirmed).

If this turns out to be the case maybe we'll see more sets based around it then. Old man Lobot :grin:

Ahh well.

The rumor train has been saying we're going to see Finn and Poe Dameron go to Cloud City in the next movie including Billy Dee returning as an older Lando (the latter I think has been confirmed). If this turns out to be the case maybe we'll see more sets based around it then. Old man Lobot :grin:

Could we not discuss about movies that isn't relevant to the 2016 thread? Especially if it's a potential spoiler for the next movie...

How does it work with the force friday polybag figure? Does one have to buy the hoth USC to get it or any other set above the usual amount in a lego brand store?

Edited by Sneakguest

I personally have no desire for a chrome Phasma mainly because she does basically nothing in TFA and I think there are much better figs that could be done.

May the Fourth 2018, then. She's supposed to have a bigger part in Episode 8 in 2017.

Could we not discuss about movies that isn't relevant to the 2016 thread? Especially if it's a potential spoiler for the next movie...

Okay but its not a spoiler just a theory so dont worry.

I have really high expectations towards Rogue One to be the subject of great Lego models, especially with the rumors of known bounty hunters coming back. And interestingly enough Rogue One seems more aimed towards a mature audience with it's gritty war movie vibes.

Even if it's only 5 models, they can only be more interesting than the ''meh'' summer wave that was revealed. ( Props for an updated Dengar being in a cheap set, gonna wait to see if the Fifth Brother gets included in an interesting set instead of being the main selling point of a 120$ US set )

Best case scenario for me for Rogue One would be:

- AT-ST: Highly rumored to be present, throw-in some sweet and new heavy ordnance on the sides, 4-5 mini-figs.

- Updated Tie Fighter: Last OT Tie Fighter was released 4 years ago and was an excellent model, but could use a revamp.

- X-Wing: I can't see lego releasing a third X-Wing in such a short time but heck, I've been surprised in the past.

- A new nig and badass vehicle design for the empire: Be it either a walker, new capital ship or hover doomsday machine.

- Some sort of BP featuring rebels as well as some Imperials.

Ahh well.

we're going to see Finn and Poe Dameron go to Cloud City in the next movie including Billy Dee returning as an older Lando (the latter I think has been confirmed).

If this turns out to be the case maybe we'll see more sets based around it then. Old man Lobot :grin:

Be considerate! Use spoiler tags.

Ahh well.

"You know I got kidnapped from Mom when I was little and you weren't there to stop it, Dad!"

- Finn (Calrissian)

Edited by JPN366

...gonna wait to see if the Fifth Brother gets included in an interesting set instead of being the main selling point of a 120$ US set )

Eh, we haven't even seen much of him since then. I'd want it for old Rex if I were buying for figs. I like the set overall, and the concept of them using an AT-TE as a fishing boat, but $120 is steep for a vehicle that only appears once.

Edited by bootz

Even a cursory glance at thread titles would have told you that is common knowledge. Getting a scoop from the LEGO S@H site is never going to happen.

Even a cursory glance at thread titles would have told you that is common knowledge. Getting a scoop from the LEGO S@H site is never going to happen.

Well I just found it interesting it's on their site this soon, while the march 1st sets still aren't. I know it's "common knowledge" about the set, but I didn't think the S@H link was posted yet.

Edited by Kman860

What do you guys think about an updated Dagobah or Bespin Luke for May 4th minifigure? I think that'd be a nice figure considering we haven't gotten either of those in years

Id go with a Bespin Luke!

I have really high expectations towards Rogue One to be the subject of great Lego models, especially with the rumors of known bounty hunters coming back. And interestingly enough Rogue One seems more aimed towards a mature audience with it's gritty war movie vibes.

Even if it's only 5 models, they can only be more interesting than the ''meh'' summer wave that was revealed. ( Props for an updated Dengar being in a cheap set, gonna wait to see if the Fifth Brother gets included in an interesting set instead of being the main selling point of a 120$ US set )

Best case scenario for me for Rogue One would be:

- AT-ST: Highly rumored to be present, throw-in some sweet and new heavy ordnance on the sides, 4-5 mini-figs.

- Updated Tie Fighter: Last OT Tie Fighter was released 4 years ago and was an excellent model, but could use a revamp.

- X-Wing: I can't see lego releasing a third X-Wing in such a short time but heck, I've been surprised in the past.

- A new nig and badass vehicle design for the empire: Be it either a walker, new capital ship or hover doomsday machine.

- Some sort of BP featuring rebels as well as some Imperials.

We already have the First Order TIE, the Inquisitor's TIE (although that one is going to be discontinued by October) and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced. No way there will be another TIE so soon.

Maybe Rogue One lets the Empire have a cool non-TIE fighter design for once.

May the Fourth 2018, then. She's supposed to have a bigger part in Episode 8 in 2017.

Hopefully she does have bigger part then I might want her a bit more.

Edited by Sion

We already have the First Order TIE, the Inquisitor's TIE (although that one is going to be discontinued by October) and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced. No way there will be another TIE so soon.

Maybe Rogue One lets the Empire have a cool non-TIE fighter design for once.

Apparently there's going to be a new TIE design in Rogue One, so I wouldn't put another TIE out of the realm of possibility. I'd be up for it as long as it's unique and something a bit different from the usual TIEs we've gotten lately.

I saw the new sets minus the Carbon Freezing Chamber and Battlefront Empire battle pack at Wal-Mart today. I passed on them as I'm waiting to get them at the Lego Store in a couple of weeks during VIP double points.

What do you guys think about an updated Dagobah or Bespin Luke for May 4th minifigure? I think that'd be a nice figure considering we haven't gotten either of those in years

I sure as heck hope it's not a Hoth Leia to go with the ''Set who's name must no be said out loud''

Bespin Luke, would make sense for the carbon freezing, however I remain hopeful that we may get more from that particular component of the movie.