Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm amazed at how underwhelming the summer sets are..

Is the Resistance X-Wing Fighter basically a color swap for Poe's X-Wing Fighter? I can see no changes to the build whatsoever, but the piece count is somehow higher?

Just 23 pieces more. Maybe because the transporter (that was included with the black X-Wing) has less parts than the pillar/antenna thing thats included with the new X-Wing?

I wish people would do some research before they complain about how inaccurate certain sets are. If you used the Internet before making comments, you wouldn't sound so ignorant

I'm amazed at how underwhelming the summer sets are..

Is the Resistance X-Wing Fighter basically a color swap for Poe's X-Wing Fighter? I can see no changes to the build whatsoever, but the piece count is somehow higher?

Also, the Vader TIE Advance x1 vs A-Wing couldn't have been a worse disappointment.. What the hell is that A-Wing?

The A-wing (and the whole set) is is from the Rebels TV show, not Ep. VI.

Some figures I feel have reached the pinnacle of their design and really dont need to ever be changed just diversity in uniforms like the imperial officers and technicians especially with the addition of the batman jack boot legs.Classic Stormtroopers are almost there but one day arm printing is going to be common in sets just like leg printing has become recently and then they too will be complete.

Thats just me as im okay with using old figures so my need to update only comes about every ten years :D

Just 23 pieces more. Maybe because the transporter (that was included with the black X-Wing) has less parts than the pillar/antenna thing thats included with the new X-Wing?

Think it has to do with the figures as well.

Poe Dameron's X-Wing had three 4-piece figures (legs, body, head and helmet) + a 2-piece BB8. Total piece count to construct figures: 14 pieces

The resistance X-Wing has Lor San Tekka (4-piece figure), BB8 (2-piece figure), Poe Dameron with hair and helmet (5-piece figure plus the flametrooper (13-piece figure). Not including weapon accessories.

Total pieces: 24

Can we tell from the photos revealed so far if the Resistance X-wing will accommodate a standard r2 body?

Also, the Vader TIE Advance x1 vs A-Wing couldn't have been a worse disappointment.. What the hell is that A-Wing?

What's wrong with the A-wing?

So, I just got into Lego Star Wars and will be mainly collecting sets from the 'more known' planets. Starting with Endor I've a question.

How likely is it that Lego produces more Endor themed sets in the future? I could really use an AT-AT size AT-ST without having to pay €400 on the secondary market.

If this years may the 4th minifig isn't chrome, I'm sure next years will be since it will be the 50th anniversary of a new hope.

So, I just got into Lego Star Wars and will be mainly collecting sets from the 'more known' planets. Starting with Endor I've a question.

How likely is it that Lego produces more Endor themed sets in the future? I could really use an AT-AT size AT-ST without having to pay €400 on the secondary market.

There is really no way to be sure...

But with all the new movies coming out there will be less rereleases... So I would consider it unlikely.

plot spoilers for that lego star wars show coming out

that girl is with dengar and has a red blade in the set. yet the trailer she has blue. I think lego let out a plot twist for there show, bet she is a bad guy trying to steal the saber from them.

I don't think Lego will make a AT-AT sized AT-ST but there will be a AT-ST coming late this year. For Endor sets, I think they come out once in awhile. You can still buy shuttle tyderium which has endor rebels and endor Han and leia. I'm not sure but the ewok village may still be selling and I believe it costs $250 USD

Hard to tell. The focus for OT battlegrounds has been Hoth lately. We are overdue for Endor material.

I think there's a strong chance for an AT-ST in the future, especially with other walker types having been made in recent years. I would suggest waiting for something in the future or MOCing one rather than paying that much.

If this years may the 4th minifig isn't chrome, I'm sure next years will be since it will be the 50th anniversary of a new hope.

It'll be 40 years since A New Hope.

Can we tell from the photos revealed so far if the Resistance X-wing will accommodate a standard r2 body?

I was wondering that too, does anyone know?

Will the Resistance X-Wing fit a standard R2? No. I think it's an easily answered question- Are BB-8 & R2 the same size? No. Do they have the same connection points? No. You'll have to mod it to fit an R2 unit, or just take the R2 head and stack some round plates under it.

Edited by Junior Shark

According to this picture no.

http://farm2.staticf...fa5dc6eaf_o.jpg

If you mean from the actual film yes, as Several R5, R6, and R0 units are present in the same Resistance X-Wing along with BB-8.

Edited by r3 UNIT

I don't think Lego will make a AT-AT sized AT-ST but there will be a AT-ST coming late this year. For Endor sets, I think they come out once in awhile. You can still buy shuttle tyderium which has endor rebels and endor Han and leia. I'm not sure but the ewok village may still be selling and I believe it costs $250 USD

Yea, I got the Endor battle pack(s), The Battle of Endor and Ewok Village as 'starting' point for Star Wars Lego. I don't quite like ships in general so my focus will be 'ground' sets and vehicles like AT-AT/AT-ST etc. I'll however get the Shuttle Tyderium as it's something is need for Endor.

Yea, I got the Endor battle pack(s), The Battle of Endor and Ewok Village as 'starting' point for Star Wars Lego. I don't quite like ships in general so my focus will be 'ground' sets and vehicles like AT-AT/AT-ST etc. I'll however get the Shuttle Tyderium as it's something is need for Endor.

You can look on ebay or bricklink for a AT-AT set and if you want maybe look for the endor bunker set.

What's wrong with the A-wing?

Well, of all the A-Wings appearing in Rebels, they did pick the ugliest colourscheme. Personally, I'm also still not a fan of so many curved bricks on an A-Wing: Combined with it looking a little wide (maybe 2 studs fewer?), it really dilutes the clear, sharp wedge shape the ship should have.

And it seems that none of the people putting these sets together for display at fairs have bothered putting the engines and fins on right, because they're always canted way too far.

Edited by Commander_Rob

Your right I'm wrong I guess I got too excited :grin:

It came out the year I was born so it's easy for me to remember.

Hard to tell. The focus for OT battlegrounds has been Hoth lately. We are overdue for Endor material.

I think there's a strong chance for an AT-ST in the future, especially with other walker types having been made in recent years. I would suggest waiting for something in the future or MOCing one rather than paying that much.

Seems like outside of Rebels, TFA and Rogue One, LEGO needs to focus on Empire Strikes Back themes. Which they seem to be doing to some extent. Hoth sets, The Carbon Freezing Chamber so far. They need to do some Cloud City/Bespin stuff, some Dagobah stuff too. They are WAY overdue on an updated Lando figure. We need new ESB Han, Leia and Luke figures. The bounty hunters and so on.