Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Someone mentioned it earlier and I think it is a good question: Why does the A-Wing have rubber bands on the underside? http://www.fbtb.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-02-13-05.17.08.jpg

I figure it must be some sort of elaboratespring loaded shooters firing mechanism, perhaps you pull on the back of the ship to fire them?

Edited by ryan1584

You are right, but TLG have proven that they aren't afraid to explore non-canon things. The shadow guard from 2015 battle pack is an example (the shadow stormtroopers are canon because of battlefront but not the shadow guard). Anyways, I would only hope for 1 set per year- just something like an old Republic sith battleship, with exar Kun and some massassi, or a set which includes darth krayt- basically something that would let TLG show that they care about older Star Wars fans.

I'd hoped the yoda chronicles would be a one off, so it just annoys me to see Lego making these random builds when there's so much they could do (where the hec is the long overdue Tie interceptor!)

Dont forget we also got an Ithorian and a couple canon droids with new molds because of the Yoda Chronicles. Needless perhaps, but that might give us a lot of canon stuff as well. Fingers crossed

Someone mentioned it earlier and I think it is a good question: Why does the A-Wing have rubber bands on the underside? http://www.fbtb.net/...13-05.17.08.jpg

I figure it must be some sort of elaboratespring loaded shooters firing mechanism, perhaps you pull on the back of the ship to fire them?

I don't even know the yellow pieces, that are the holding the rubber bands and they do not seem to be connected to anything else. xDBut I dont think they belong to a shooting mechanism, since those two shooters just need a 'button' on the top of the ship to use them.

Edited by mon-o-mat

First off, the resistance X-Wing. It is literally the same design as Poe Dameron's X-Wing as far as I can tell. I've been clicking back and forth between the two images and can't tell a difference, other than the colors. To be blunt, it's absolutely shameful on Lego's part; trying to entice fans to buy the same set twice.

As for Jakku, a $60 price puts it back on the table for me. I'm not sure I really want a Jakku set... but we'll see.

The A Wing looks nice. Too bad it's 4 figs for $90.

The Star Scavenger is an awesome $50 set/build imo! Too bad it's from a Lego tv show, not canon.

The other Freemaker Adventures set, the Eclipse Fighter, looks cool and has nice figs. For $30-40 (Do we have the price? Did I miss it?), it's certainly in my sights, despite being a Freemaker Adventures set.

As for Rex's AT-TE... 5 figs in a $130 set? Really? It's not like the scene didn't have other pertinent characters that could've been added. It's a cool build, but for something from Rebels with 5 figs, probably not.

Overall, I'm less than impressed. Jakku may now be my favorite set in this wave. :sceptic:

Absolutely shameful? A lot of us wanted it in the alternate colors and I certainly did. No one is forcing anyone ot buy a set they don't want too

The Resistance X-Wing looks great to me! It's definitely the top of my list for sure! As for the Jakku set, I don't really have any interest in the set itself or the figures.

The Clone Turbo Tank, I already have the Clone Wars version and 1 is enough for me,

The AT-TE does not interest me one bit, but I'm sure some people will like it,

The A-Wing vs Tie Advanced looks interesting, but the figures and the A-Wing sort of disappoint me, but we'll see.

The "Freemaker Adventures" sets actually look pretty cool, and I really want a Dengar fig so I'll be getting whatever the "bad guy" ship is called.

And as for Hoth, it looks pretty cool, but I'll have to see way later down the road to decide if I'll ever get it or not.

Newbie here. :)

I have been very interested in the Resistance X-Wing since I first heard we were getting one, even though I already own Poe's. I actually do not mind if it's effectively the exact same design as Black One (there are some tiles on the bottom wing that were not present on the last one), however I am not sure if they fixed the issue with the rubber bands bending the wings? The wings look rather straight on this one but I cannot be certain. At least blue rubber bands aren't an issue anymore though.

I will probably pick up Vader's TIE somewhere down the line as well, I've always preferred the TIE Advanced to the regular TIE Fighter and I do not currently have the new Vader minifigure. The A-Wing would be a nice bonus too.

This wave doesn't really interest me at all, it just makes me even more keen to go and buy the final duel from last year (good choice guys?). plus don't forget guys we have rogue one sets on the horizon! (tie interceptor and AT-ST PLEAASSEE!!)

The blue resistance X-Wing is a must buy! :laugh:

Meanwhile, New York City: a BEST TOY OF THE YEAR 2016 award goes to The LEGO Group for Star Wars: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon (best boy toy)!

Neat! :excited:

:thumbup:

When exactly are these new sets due? as I do like the look of the Resistance X-Wing and Darth Vader TIE/A-Wing set and was hoping they might be out near by birthday which is April 30th.

When exactly are these new sets due? as I do like the look of the Resistance X-Wing and Darth Vader TIE/A-Wing set and was hoping they might be out near by birthday which is April 30th.

June, I think. But given that the winter wave this year was delayed by 3 months in the US, I wouldn't be optimistic.

They'll be out in the time-frame of May-July.

Really disappointed that Rex's AT-TE doesn't come with the clone helmets - oh well. The set looks fantastic otherwise.

Yeah I wish they had helmets. I'm sure TLG would probably have more buyers of the set if they did. Especially for Wolffes helmet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everything except the movies, CW, and Rebels is no longer canon. Lego used to give us some old republic stuff, but they probably aren't allowed to now that it isn't canon.

they made the shadow trooper battle pack and shadow troopers arent canon.

they made the shadow trooper battle pack and shadow troopers arent canon.

Shadow Troopers are in Star Wars Battlefront so they are considered canon.

Someone mentioned it earlier and I think it is a good question: Why does the A-Wing have rubber bands on the underside? http://www.fbtb.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-02-13-05.17.08.jpg

Glad to see that the A-wing does actually have landing gear.

Darn well i'll just wait for the next cycle to include one. The fact they make so many versions gives me hope but knowing my luck it wont be for another five years. :D maybe the next one will be a UCS At At. Now that I would buy in a heartbeat.

The cheapest way to get an AT-AT now is to bricklink it (luckily the part list is on rebrickable).

From the back of the box it looks like the wings rotate - not sure why but you can see it in the jedinews gallery http://www.jedinews.co.uk/images/galleries/ustoyfair2016/LEGO/default.asp

Shadow Troopers are in Star Wars Battlefront so they are considered canon.

The shadow stormtroopers, yes, but not the shadow saber guard. Also, the blue fighter with anakin and ventless isn't canon.

Edited by Delta66

I think the Resistance X-Wing looks better then Poe's black and orange one. I also love the Lor San Tekka minifigure. I think he looks great. Still, I'm not interested in ships, so I'll probably just BrickLink the minifigures I want. I'm more interested in locations, and the Encounter on Jakku set looks more like junk than the items that are traded there. Unkar Plutt looks pretty good, but Teedo really should have had short legs. He looks so wrong with normal legs. The head mold is good, though.

If anyone wants a detailed look at the new UCS set here it is:

They've shown EXACTLY this set over half a year ago and funnily enough people did not realize it since it is so similar to older hoth sets.

Actually, lots of people were discussing the possibility of that ending up being the UCS Hoth set... but it's still funny they showed us literally the exact set half a year prior to the release of the first image.

Edited by General Magma

The front of the Tie/A-Wing set clearly shows Vader without leg printing, but the back of the box shows him with leg printing. You will have to zoom in on the image, but you can see that on the back of the box his left leg has printing: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/images/galleries/ustoyfair2016/LEGO/LEGO_26.jpg

You are right, I just noticed that too. That's really strange that front of the box shows him without leg printing though. But there's hope he will have leg printing after all. If only they had minifigs on display this would have cleared the confusion.