Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Assault on Hoth? Assault on my senses, more like. Between my 7879 and two of the new Hoth Attack sets, I more or less have this set. Why do they advertise the Wampa's arms on the back of the box? [Edit: Cuz Luke cuts 'em off. Whoops.] Apparently you're supposed to smash the snowspeeder with the base doors? They still have that infernal Tauntaun feeding trough?!? Toryn Farr? Apparently she's famous enough for a Black Series figure :drunk: (http://www.3darths.c...eries-956-p.jpg). The supposed "modularity"? You can move the turrets around [waves hands sarcastically in the air].

Yeah, but you can move ALL the turrets around... the radar cannon, the turret cannons, the mounted rifle... okay, yeah, that's still not much. :tongue:

Toryn Farr is a big deal because she's one of the very few female roles in the OT that had lines, and hadn't been made by Kenner/Hasbro. Oola got a figure, Aunt Beru had a figure, plenty of Leias of course, Mon Mothma got one, EV-9D9, even Sila Kott (but like the voice dubbed in on her scene, the figure was a male), and lots of OT ladies who didn't speak got figures as well, but never Toryn Farr.

I agree with everyone who's disappointed in the set itself. It's a fantastic representation of the mini-movie playset, but it does feel like some of the older sets mashed together with a few improvements. Couple it with the seemingly dismally-received 7879 and you've at least got more control room/medical bay stuff, Bacta Luke, a good Hoth Leia, and...um... Han in a blue parka, I guess, and spare parts. The driving force for me to purchase this is the minifigs more than the build, but I'm not sure that'll be enough to sway me (seeing each minifig I like on BL for $20 a pop might persuade me to go for the set instead, tho)... gotta have those Rogues and droids, and the assortment of rebels is very nice.

I was expecting disappointment but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow. What were they thinking? It says it's modular but it's not, it's just a collection of various builds that don't interlock. The design is lazy with no real innovation. The shield generator is basically half round plates slapped together. The Wampa and cave looks just like the previous versions. Even though they don't show it on the box art that blast door looks all kinds of ugly from the rear with exposed technic pieces in technicolor. The "assault" aspect is terribly misrepresented as the imperials are only represented by two snow troopers and a speeder bike vs. a plethora of rebels. They should have dropped the Wampa scene altogether and included an AT-ST at the very least (AT-AT would be too many parts) to even up the battle. Let's not forget the rebels were overrun in this scene! Maybe it should have been called "Defense on Hoth". Color me disappointed but even the box art looks uninspiring compared to large and UCS sets of late; think Slave 1, Tie Fighter or in other themes...Ghostbusters HQ, Temple of Airjitsu.

Completely agreed. Not even close to a comparison with the Ewok Village. Considerung the "assault force" of the Empire in the set they should have called it "Shenanigans on Hoth" instead :grin:

Not sure the figures are that great. Han looks very similar to the recent one, presumably Luke has an update, but probably half are generic rebels or stormtroopers. That said, I will need the Astromech, K-3PO, Janson and Wedge. Just not sue I can justify spending that much for 4 figures and a load of white bricks!

Pretty much what I was expecting from the video. Its intended to be the ultimate Hoth set but still feels incomplete and missing a few things like the Med Bay. And there's no excuse at all for excluding Princess Leia.

On the bright side I'm glad we finally have an ion cannon and shield generator though and wasn't expecting the Tauntaun pen behind the crane. Didn't realize the Wampa Cave was also attached to the side of the control room. Hopefully the interior pieces can also be removed from the main gate as it would really make it easier to expand the inside of Echo Base.

Apparently I'm alone in that I think this set looks awesome. I saw the picture this morning on my way out the door and purchased the 75054 AT-AT within a minute. I just started collecting and I don't have any Hoth stuff at all. I was close to buying the Snowspeeder, Wampa Cave and a few other Hoth sets (at a huge markup) but I wanted to wait to see what was in Assault on Hoth. 15 minifigs, Wampa, Tauntaun, Cave, Base, Speeder Bike, Ion Cannon, Shield Generator, Spherical Laser Canon Thing, and a Snowspeeder! I can see why a lot of you are disappointed but this set is perfect for new collectors like myself. The only downside I see is that the modular build won't be as fun as other UCS sets.

So there's gonna be a lego TFA animation on Disney XD on Feburary 15 and it has a clip out that has a animated chrome captain phasma in it. Doesn't mean anything but you know.

Looking at the photos again, I'll be interested to see what the UK cost will be; although it's a similar part count to the Ewok Village it does seem to be a lot smaller overall. I've been in two minds about the EV ever since it was first available, and after tonight I've almost convinced myself that it's a better option than this. Although it has a decent range of minifigures, I get the feeling it could be in the £180-£200 range, anything above that would be ridiculous. I sold all of my older Hoth sets when I saw the first mention of a UCS Hoth set - in hindsight I don't think that I should have bothered! :hmpf_bad:

Looking at the photos again, I'll be interested to see what the UK cost will be; although it's a similar part count to the Ewok Village it does seem to be a lot smaller overall. I've been in two minds about the EV ever since it was first available, and after tonight I've almost convinced myself that it's a better option than this. Although it has a decent range of minifigures, I get the feeling it could be in the £180-£200 range, anything above that would be ridiculous. I sold all of my older Hoth sets when I saw the first mention of a UCS Hoth set - in hindsight I don't think that I should have bothered! :hmpf_bad:

Well I can see why you would of done that because the set sounded so promising. It's hard to believe how much of a let down this set is.

The Astomech droid appears to be R3-A2, which means another translucent dome piece! It will be interesting to see what Luke's "injured" face will look like.

Well, so the box picture of 75098 is already been coming out!? It's way faster that what I would expected. It's a nice set indeed, but the set kinda feel too small for a 2144 piece set and the build barely feels like a modular design at all.

So there's gonna be a lego TFA animation on Disney XD on Feburary 15 and it has a clip out that has a animated chrome captain phasma in it. Doesn't mean anything but you know.

Yeah, 3PO's chrome in it as well, it's just how they do the shiny characters in the animated format.

I actually like this set, unlike almost everyone. I only have two Hoth sets and neither are Echo Base, and this totally-not-a-super-pack is a great way to get everything I missed and more. Only thing I dislike is the inclusion of the Snowspeeder, as I have the 2014 one, but it's not surprising.

The more I look at the less I dislike it a d the more I like it. Hahah oh no are we going through the 7 stages? First stage denial then acceptance?

Which of the figures are can you not get in other smaller sets? New Red R2 unit??

Toryn Farr, Luke, K-3P0 and the R2 unit, I think.

I may be one of the few, but I like most of the elements in this. They'll add nicely to what I've already got. But then I display my sets in diorama form, not on a shelf or in boxes, and Hoth is my favourite battle. I wish there was at least 1 more Snowtrooper included, but this is still on my "to-buy" list. Just only one (I have two Ewok Villages)

Isn't there a new rebel trooper torso as well?

There might be, I can't tell.