Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm kinda disappointed that this set is just a combination of every Hoth set released in last 5-6 years. Sure it's a good way for people who just got in Lego SW, to catch up on all Hoth sets, but I was hoping it would be a real Echo base! So yeah, not interested in this set personally, but I'm happy for people who wanted to catch up on Hoth sets.

Count me among the 'disappointed' crowd. The "wow" factor on this just isn't there at all, as Hoth has absolutely been done to death in recent years.

I may pick this up at some point, but I'm certainly in no rush...

LEGO® Assault on Hoth™ Base will Challenge Even the Most Skilled Fan Builders......how? No instructions? No numbered bags and everything is white?

I will pick it up, but only because i pick every OT Set.

Very dissapointed about this one.....

LEGO® Assault on Hoth™ Base will Challenge Even the Most Skilled Fan Builders

How can LEGO even say that...? If you are saying feeling cheated is being challenged, then, LEGO, you are dead right.

The modular design enables fans to customize their Rebel base configuration, including a Wampa cave and Wampa figure.

Even 7879 looks more of a modular to me than this heap of pissant rehashed non-creative little pieces of $20 sets. At least for 7879 it can open up and close up. LEGO seems to be having the idea that they can make us all pay for anything they stamp with the "UCS" label.

What a joke.

Er...what was everyone exactly expecting?? The door is really nicely constructed and that's kind of the most important part...I can't tell how much interior is included but I'm sure there's a bacta tank and all the important parts. You can always mod and add on to it if you want.

No, it was stated in the press release that it was Toryn Farr.

The women inside the base is Toryn Farr (confirmed by LEGO). There's no AT-ST here since there will be one released separately along the Rogue One wave in October.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

....this set feels so incomplete.

Just like the Mos Eisley Cantina and Carbon Freezing Chamber. I bought two of Cantinas but doubt I will do this again with any other set.

Er...what was everyone exactly expecting?? The door is really nicely constructed and that's kind of the most important part...I can't tell how much interior is included but I'm sure there's a bacta tank and all the important parts. You can always mod and add on to it if you want.

Modular construction that was a challenge for the most skilled fan builders?

Is it really the 40th anniversary of a New Hope next year? Wow good lord that came up fast. Sure I'm only 21 so I didn't see any of the originals in theatres but still it doesn't seem that old. wow.

I'm relatively pleased. I had hoped that there would be no snowspeeder, since it's kind of a waste of parts, but I had already resigned myself to its inclusion. Apart from that, I like that we're getting a representation of all the key parts of the Echo Base, including the generator, hangar, and ion cannon. It's the first time they've come out with that. I also think this is a set that lends itself to creativity, since it looks easy to modify. I plan to add interior sections and add to the trench almost immediately after I finish it.

Finally, I like the fact that it has the UCS label, simply because it will probably irk some of you. The arguments about what is or is not truly "UCS" are so tiresome.

The fact you have Admiral Piett, a stuffy imperial officer, as your avatar made this last statement really funny to me :laugh:

Modular construction that was a challenge for the most skilled fan builders?

I don't really see how they could've added more without upping the piece count by another 1000 pieces and then everyone would be complaining that it's $350. The modular claim did lead us on though. I would've like some more side walling for the base, but that could always be added on

here is the back of the box

*snip*

Looking at the top of the box there is a crap ton of minifigures. So that will help justify the price.

Can't wait to see display pics tomorrow to get a sense of the size and scale of it.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Just like the Mos Eisley Cantina and Carbon Freezing Chamber. I bought two of Cantinas but doubt I will do this again with any other set.

Correct, But: those sets were a lot cheaper. For 250 I'd expect a way more complete set...like the Ewok village for instance.

Ill buy it but prob never open the box lets hope snowspeeder makes up for what this lacks.

Attack on Hoth at last. I don't recall waiting this long for a visual reveal - ever.

Sadly, as others have stated, it's a mash up of all previous releases, save the ion cannon and shield generator, which should go pretty cheap as parts on Bricklink. The exploding function of the shield generators is awesome, should be a very easy mod to extend them to 4 from 3. Then we'll have something for our AT-ATs to aim at.

*Rubs hands together in anticipation of the 75098 instructions PDF!*

So what's the target demographic for this one? AFOLs or kids with really rich parents? I mean, I'd happily have one, but it's so massively over expensive for the overall effect. It lacks the wow factor that's inherent in the proper UCS sets

Edited by belkor

You know what would've been cool rather then yet another snow speeder and trenches, a midi scale Gallofree Transport. This set to me could've been the second half of the battle of Hoth where the rebels are retreating and the imperials are in full scale assault mode.

rebelmediumtransport_movie_bg.jpg

That's €250? That? Seriously? Naah...

Exactly! 2100 parts is not that much, especially for Base Construction type of Sets. But hey, at least they crank up the prices right? :hmpf_bad:

The pictures just confirm that it is EXACTLY what we saw in that Hoth video from Lego a long time back!

And it was obvious since why would Lego make a video with constructions that looked very realistic for their standard procedure (give the minimum and charge the maximum for it).

Alas, this to me is of course a complete disappointment and it does absolutely not deserve to be called "ultimate". Maybe the Slave 1 was the pinnacle of UCS quality from where it can only go downhill very steep now... (Hopes up for the Snowspeeder though!)

Assault on Hoth? Assault on my senses, more like. Between my 7879 and two of the new Hoth Attack sets, I more or less have this set. Why do they advertise the Wampa's arms on the back of the box? [Edit: Cuz Luke cuts 'em off. Whoops.] Apparently you're supposed to smash the snowspeeder with the base doors? They still have that infernal Tauntaun feeding trough?!? Toryn Farr? Apparently she's famous enough for a Black Series figure :drunk: (http://www.3darths.c...eries-956-p.jpg). The supposed "modularity"? You can move the turrets around [waves hands sarcastically in the air].

But does this set have no part in my future? I unfortunately see the possibility of this set coming into my hands. :wall:

Also, if Hoth Leia is May the 4th minifigure, that'll be a real letdown. Two Hoth May the 4th minifigures?!?

Edited by Junior Shark

Also, if Hoth Leia is May the 4th minifigure, that'll be a real letdown. Two Hoth May the 4th minifigures?!?

Hell no, we will get TFA Luke for May 4th and no Hoth Leia whatsoever. Just to salt the wound for her absence in this "UCS" :laugh: