Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm thinking it will be just like the Ewok Village and be a $250 large play set. In fact I can see Ewok Village retiring soon and this taking its place on the shelf. Technically not UCS imho but that's an entirely separate discussion ;)

I'm more excited for the UCS Snowspeeder as I'm a ship/display kind of guy and snowspeeder is on of my favorite vehicles from my childhood. Insta-buy right there for me!

Same here, and since I am not really into terrain and structures anyway, the UCS Snowspeeder is the most interesting for me. Its not on an Insta-Buy level for me right now, since we dont know anything (especially when it comes to the price per part, if they go for the 200 Bucks Standard price now regardless of the piece count I´m out! For example Slave 1 got 1900 parts and the X-Wing only around 1500 parts and they did cost the same :hmpf_bad: ... ).

Still, I am excited to see what they come up with so many years after the first UCS Snowspeeder in terms of their design!

Before things completely derail and because discussion of Ahsoka might still be on topic due to the impending figure release...

Wasn't she just created a bit annoying on purpose? There for Anakin (arguably the most annoying character in the SW universe until he became Vader at least in terms of how he was acted and portrayed) to train and hopefully, in turn, bring a different perspective to his often reckless ways?

In that way as she grew as a character he changed in his persona... he developed the 'Snips' nickname and used it because it annoyed her... then we see how that relationship changes. In the end she was a very strong character far removed from how she was introduced.

I must admit I'm at a crossroads with regards to UCS sets and what I display. I love the Slave 1 but I'm increasingly tempted to disassemble the Red Five X-Wing I have and rebuild my old 9493 with a couple of mods to keep things minifig scale.

I'm thinking about BLing the Shuttle Tydirium to match the scale... I think I'd just like to have things that fit together for a little while. That said I'll probably pick up the UCS SNowspeeder as I've always loved it as a ship although I may be in a minority but I'd be quite excited by a system scale Speeder with a new mould for the cockpit even though I have several of the current models.

I binge watched all 5 seasons of TCW last year on Netflix and I agree. In the beginning she was really annoying and I really had no love for the character. As the show progresses however, she develops into an interesting character and by the end of the series you actually have an emotionally vested interest in her (look at the last few episodes).

Not sure why the hatred, but I know for the most part she is one of the most loved characters from TCW -- even among hardcore fans.

Same here, and since I am not really into terrain and structures anyway, the UCS Snowspeeder is the most interesting for me. Its not on an Insta-Buy level for me right now, since we dont know anything (especially when it comes to the price per part, if they go for the 200 Bucks Standard price now regardless of the piece count I´m out! For example Slave 1 got 1900 parts and the X-Wing only around 1500 parts and they did cost the same :hmpf_bad: ... ).

Still, I am excited to see what they come up with so many years after the first UCS Snowspeeder in terms of their design!

I see the snowspeeder being in the 1500 piece range for $200. It's not a large ship to begin with...

The thing about Star Wars is that it's so big at this point, that you can make up your own canon. Movies, books, comics, shows, toys, video games have all made up some part of Star Wars lore that you can draw from for your own personal enjoyment of the IP. If you want to limit yourself, that's great, but there's so many options out there. For awhile now, Star Wars has been one of the only "pick and choose" type IPs.

The way it worked (IDK about post-legends), was that you were a padawan. You passed the trials and became a knight. You took on a padawan and once THEY became a knight, you became a master. Ahsoka never became a knight, so Anakin couldn't have been a Master. Case and point.

right, obi-wan wasn't a master when he took anakin...

Hey analogkid81, is your name a reference to a song by a certain Canadian rock band? :sweet:

Also, is the Hoth set for sure UCS? It looks too... play feaure-y.

Edited by Junior Shark

Hey analogkid81, is your name a reference to a song by a certain Canadian rock band? :sweet:

Also, is the Hoth set for sure UCS? It looks too... play feaure-y.

Haha, sure is ;) Also use 'Digital Man' when this one is taken.

Brickset lists it as UCS for now, but Lego will confirm once it is announced. I think it will be at Toy Fair judging by last year when they announced the UCS TIE Fighter at TF for a May 2 release.

I didn't take his comment as saying it's bad for females to become fans of Star Wars. I think he is saying that the addition of that particular character violates the Jedi code. The fact that she is young and somewhat angsty makes her a weaker character, in my opinion, than Leia or Rey, who are two of my favorite fictional characters ever.

I'm assuming you either

1) Didn't watch the show

or

2) Didn't finish the show

because Ahsoka is actually a three dimensional character and much more developed than Leia ever was. She also grows up quite a bit by the time she departs in season 5.

This set honestly looks like crap from what I can see. Their price hikes for these TFA are insane and I also do not think Unkar even looks like the character. Just bad, not to mention the bright blue Luggabeast in the set.

Nice! Signals is my fave Rush album. But alas, this is not the Rush appreciation thread...

Oh Toy Fair! This weekend could not come any faster...

Ashoka dressed like a teen prostitute,

Life advice: here's what you don't do. When someone is already offended with what you've said you don't push it further. You don't say something like what you've said in any case, but I'm especially annoyed you weren't more sensitive to another member's feelings. I don't think what was said originally was offensive but this is. If you don't know why think about it or send me a private message and I'll explain. Don't let it happen again.

This thread is about LEGO set rumors and discussion, if you guys wish to continue discussing the show and the strength or weakness of specific characters do it in this topic or I'll suspend your account. Thank you.

I didn't say it was bad, I just don't think it's a valid reason to create a character.

Regarding the other guys comment, it's nothing to do with the EU, Revenge of the Sith is canon, much more so than TCW, and in Revenge of the Sith not one mention of Ashoka. Correct me if I'm wrong but she would of cropped up in conversation between Anakin and Obi Wan right? Wrong, because she was created after the event to entice new fans, regardless of the blatant plot hole it left.

any news on when the new UCS Death Star drops?

Star Wars is full of holes like in EP IV, Obi Wan doenst know R2 D2 nor C3PO. IN EP VI Leia remembers her Mother, but Luke doesnt?

Edited by Cyberfounder

Star Wars is full of holes like in EP IV, Obi Wan doenst know R2 D2 nor C3PO. IN EP VI Leia remembers her Mother, but Luke doesnt?

Read the post above yours please!

I don't want to belabor the set cost issue, but I wonder if Lego is planning that these Star Wars sets won't stay on the shelves as long and as such Lego has to make their money back on new molds quicker than usual. With Star Wars dropping new movies every year, the days of sets lasting long on shelves is over.

That and the usual Star Wars license might be why Takodana and Jakku might be more expensive than we're used.

This makes me believe that to some degree these new molds or minifigures may be slightly limited compared to other sets.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'm pretty satisfied with Encounter of Jakku set.

But this set includes Plutt's little 'portion' stand which is a major part of the first act of the film. Outstanding.

Are those little 1x1 studs supposed to indicate the ration packs? Hopefully not - I'm thinking white 2x2 tiles with homemade decals should do the trick.

The actual structure - I'm hoping it has a semblance of an exterior - sadly it looks, from first glance, to only feature an interior. The awning is great - will need probably 11 more of them to build the whole structure. I wonder if the alternate side of the top part features another awning? It's a little too high.

No flick fire missles??? Maybe TLG is learning. At last. They'd put flick fires on an ice cream stand.

I don't want to belabor the set cost issue, but I wonder if Lego is planning that these Star Wars sets won't stay on the shelves as long and as such Lego has to make their money back on new molds quicker than usual. With Star Wars dropping new movies every year, the days of sets lasting long on shelves is over.

Tell me about it. Walking the toy shops after Xmas I'm not seeing much from the TFA wave besides some Kylo Ren shuttles. Even the TIEs and X Wings sold that many? Sometimes we get a restock... is this not happening for the TFA wave?

I used to give myself a 1.5-2 year window to pick up a kit that I really wanted but maybe couldn't afford yet. I wonder if we are seeing a shift in TLG's production/distribution model.

Edited by darththeling

With Star Wars dropping new movies every year, the days of sets lasting long on shelves is over.

Well, that's kind of reassuring to us OT fans, since it gives them a reason to keep coming out with timeless OT sets periodically.

I'm just assuming it's a red herring. Everybody's thinking they'll be imperial because the whole black=badguy trope and lucasfilm is aware of it. I know they're borrowing bits and pieces from the EU in these movies just like they did with TFA.

That helmet gives off vibes of the Rebel black ops commandos aka "Black operations". You can't deny it. :wink: Take a look a this pic.

<snipped photo>

Considering this movie is about the "squad" that steals the death star plans it's a possibility at least. I'm not saying that I'm right or you're wrong. Nobody has confirmed either way what the black clad troops are yet, but there was confirmation that certain black clad classic stormtroopers aka "dark troopers" will make an appearance. I just think they'll need something equally elite to tango with.

As far as an $80 price for the junk planet playset, that's a no from me. You get a new fat alien minifig, an ugly "build a beast" , a lean-to that has a collapsing feature or something, and generic figs we've got before..... for $80. :laugh: NOPE. I'll be openminded about some aspects of it and hope that the luggabeast thing looks decent, but I'll believe it when I see it. :tongue:

Let's see what news the NYC toy fair brings us.

They've been pretty good about picking good stuff from the EU to add to the new canon so far... those Rebel Commandos from the ugly-as-sin REBELLION comic are not among the "good stuff". The Rebellion was all slapdash, and there they manage to steal elite Imperial commando suits, rebranding them with their own logos. It looked like armor you might find on elite S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in Marvel's superhero comics, not something the ragtag Rebels would wear. Too much of that "comic book cool" factor that clashed mightily with what most fans would expect in context.

That black helmet is likely for black-armored Imperials, not the commandos we'll be following. "Uniform" kinda goes against the nature of Alliance commandos, don't you think? That's why everyone in the cast photo looks different. Soldiers & pilots might have matching uniforms, whatever they can get their hands on...but not the commandos.

The price annoys me, like many others, on the Jakku set, even with the Luggabeast. I don't mind the colors on the beast (tough to make a 'dirt-covered blue' without a lot of stickers, and it should be easy enough to swap out for a different hue), and I kinda don't mind Unkar's head (tho I'm not a big fan of any heads that can't turn). I hope the gold 1x1 round tile isn't supposed to be a "portion"; 2x2 would probably be too big, but I was hoping for a printed 1x1 of some sort. They can print a nautilus and a cookie, they can print a Niima portion. :tongue:

... Nobody ever complained when an untrained Luke perfectly guided a proton torpedo into a tiny exhaust port in the Death Star using the Force.

I don't think the actual Death Star troopers were too happy about it!

Nobody ever complained when an untrained Luke perfectly guided a proton torpedo into a tiny exhaust port in the Death Star using the Force.

I agree with everything you said except for this. I like to believe that it was obiwan's force ghost helping him out. I heard this theory from someone, and I found it better than Luke just using the force after hardly any training. Even though he claimed he can't help Luke out when he fought vader, he could've been lying for his own good.

I'm pretty sure the x-wing that will appear in rogue one is different, so the set will be new, not just another OT x-wing if they make one for the rogue one line.

I think the x-wing will be OT version but in black.

I agree with everything you said except for this. I like to believe that it was obiwan's force ghost helping him out. I heard this theory from someone, and I found it better than Luke just using the force after hardly any training. Even though he claimed he can't help Luke out when he fought vader, he could've been lying for his own good.

That theory probably stems from the novelization by Alan Dean Foster, since in the book Luke misses on his first run, then Obi-Wan's voice speaks to him on the second and he blacks out when taking the shot--the theory that results is that Obi-Wan basically possessed him, and that's how he made the shot. This would seem supported by the duel in Foster's "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" when Vader makes some remark about Kenobi and Luke says "I am Ben Kenobi" or something of the sort.

I think the x-wing will be OT version but in black.

Yeah... black & white, or black & light bley. One of the two. But it's definitely gonna be a T-65; Rogue One takes place just before ANH, so any X-wings we get--unless they're prototypes or specially modified, or some even-older version--will be T-65s, typical OT X-wings. But that's only if they make an X-wing from the film; for all we know, the leaked X-wing is just a set piece, a prop, not something with a significant presence in any battle or belonging to any of the main characters.

I didn't take his comment as saying it's bad for females to become fans of Star Wars. I think he is saying that the addition of that particular character violates the Jedi code. The fact that she is young and somewhat angsty makes her a weaker character, in my opinion, than Leia or Rey, who are two of my favorite fictional characters ever. I can't tell you how amazing of a character I think Rey is. But I can understand his opinion that Ashoka was created to appeal to a certain demographic. Even if I couldn't see it, he's only expressing his opinion. He's not saying women can't be Jedi or Star Wars fans.

Thank you, more eloquently put than myself but you obviously grasped what I was trying to say.