Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

When are the 2016 summer sets going to be released ? Which month ?

If they plan on doing some sort of "force Friday" for Rogue one in September or October, that may push up the summer wave to June - July.

If they plan on doing some sort of "force Friday" for Rogue one in September or October, that may push up the summer wave to June - July.

We will see Rogue One in October, the three constraction Figures in January, and the "normal" summer wave in June-August, depending on where you buy..

That looks like Dex from the AoTC cafe- back row left.

It's Pong Krell from Clone Wars. He was included in Z-95 few years ago.

That's actually Pong Krell, a Besalisk Jedi that appeared in Season 4 of TCW and was released in minifig form in 2013 :wink: Dex is definitely on my list of most-wanted SW characters that TLG has yet to release in minifig form (like a lot of AOTC characters :hmpf_bad:), but I don't see it happening any time soon. Customising him by salvaging Krell's parts is also pretty hard since Dex has a mustache while Krell sports a goatee. The torso also doesn't work and Krell is a lot taller than Dex (and less chubby) :laugh:

Edit: Ninja'd :blush:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I'm personally not a bit fan of Unkar Plutt, nor did I really need or desire a figure for him, but I really appreciate and like the level of detail that went into the figure.

Edited by Brick Capone

Unkar's headpiece looks great. I didn't care much for the character in the movie either but I am glad we're getting a minifigure of him. Also looking forward to the new AT-ST. Its been too long since the last one.

I really hope that the AT-ST rumor ends up being true. I only have the one that is from the Endor bunker set 8098. It would be nice to get a new version.

I thought LEGO LOTR was retired? That Radagast the Brown is frickin incredible, are we sure these aren't someone's knockoffs? and if LOTR has ended, that'd throw everything in this picture into suspiciaon of authenticity...

And what the heck is the thing in front of Unkar Plett?

and the thing to the right of him?

Edited by rollermonkey

I thought LEGO LOTR was retired? That Radagast the Brown is frickin incredible, are we sure these aren't someone's knockoffs? and if LOTR has ended, that'd throw everything in this picture into suspiciaon of authenticity...

The thing in the front of him is poggle the lesser head. Edited by ChiefPie

The piece right in front of him is Poggle the Lesser's head. To the right of him is Radagast the brown's hat piece.

Radagast has been released in a Hobbit set in 2013 (79014 Dol Guldur Battle to be precise) :wink: And that hat on the right side of the picture belongs to the Master of Lake-town, also released that year (79013 Lake-town chase). The parts are all legit :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I really hope that the AT-ST rumor ends up being true. I only have the one that is from the Endor bunker set 8098. It would be nice to get a new version.

Anything sir Von Lego says is pretty much true

Honestly, the if we're getting an AT-ST from the Rogue One sets (hopefully), I have high hopes for the rest of the sets... Maybe I can continue building my small Imperial Army to a large Imperial Army. I cannot wait.

Edited by Brick Capone

Wow. I was not getting Poggle from that piece. The back view is so drastically different.

My point is why are there 'old/retired' LOTR parts and a purported new, unreleased part, being shown together? Seems odd.

Knowing we got pictures of the UCS Tie Fighter at NYTF we can expect pics of Echo Base or even the Death Star this year.

What date does it start?