Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

What minifigs come with the new x-wing?

Poe Dameron, Lor San Tekka, Flametrooper.

Still waiting for a Slave Leia constraction figure...

Disney is on record as stating they will no longer continue to make Slave Leia merchandise of any kind.

I wouldn't count on seeing Jabba's Palace ever again either, for an entirely different reason.

Did anyone else hope/expect Rebels Rex to look like this?

3443ybm.jpg

Good news is, an easy fix if you have a spare beard lying about.

Guys I know it's not related, but does anyone else think that the Kotor games will be made canon due to the references in the rebels trailer? if it did we could at least dream of a kotor set in the future- who wouldn't want an interdictor cruiser with darth Malak!!

Guys I know it's not related, but does anyone else think that the Kotor games will be made canon due to the references in the rebels trailer? if it did we could at least dream of a kotor set in the future- who wouldn't want an interdictor cruiser with darth Malak!!

The KOTOR games aren't going to be made canon. They will continue to take elements from them, but we've been told multiple times that no Legends media will ever be fully accepted back into the new canon, KOTOR included.

Disney is on record as stating they will no longer continue to make Slave Leia merchandise of any kind.

I wouldn't count on seeing Jabba's Palace ever again either, for an entirely different reason.

l will miss slave Leia, I really will. But did you all notice that contrary to said 'never gonna use the image...' She is smack bang on the classic poster image for rogue one poster thing 1 page back. Maybe there is still hope!

The KOTOR games aren't going to be made canon. They will continue to take elements from them, but we've been told multiple times that no Legends media will ever be fully accepted back into the new canon, KOTOR included.

Not entirely true. There is a rumour circulating from a reliable source that Thrawn will appear on Rebels S3. And already a fair number of Legends ships and characters have been reintegrated into canon. For example, the 'Flurry' - Quasar Fire-class bulk cruiser from 'The Truce at Bakura' is seen in the last Rebels trailer.

goodluck with finding a 40% discount in belgium or on amazon france. im still waiting for the prices on the xwing and tie fighter to go down a bit. refuse to buy the xwing, even for 75 euro. someone should REALLY tell the lego reps how ridiculous all this is, at one of these toy fairs.

It is hard indeed to find a good discount in Belgium, good thing dreamland gives some small discounts. I stopped buying entire waves because it was getting to damn expensive, now I stick to 2 or 3 sets and I bricklink most of the mini-figures. :wink:

Is there a notable difference between the Resistance x-wing and Poe's x-wing??Or is it the same exact model with only different colors??

The only difference I've heard of is that part of the rear of the ship comes out.

Not entirely true. There is a rumour circulating from a reliable source that Thrawn will appear on Rebels S3. And already a fair number of Legends ships and characters have been reintegrated into canon. For example, the 'Flurry' - Quasar Fire-class bulk cruiser from 'The Truce at Bakura' is seen in the last Rebels trailer.

The TIE Defender was also made cannon fro the Star Wars Commander game.

Which is what I meant be "taking elements from them." Thrawn appearing in Rebels doesn't mean that the Thrawn Trilogy itself is canon again, and the Quasar Fire-class cruiser doesn't mean that Truce at Bakura is canon again. They're taking elements from Legends, but they've stated many times that no piece of Legends media itself will ever be brought back into canon.

The reason I suggested it is because there looks to be further references to Malachor 5 in the rebels season 2 trailer, and that would effectively force kotor into the canon. (Plus I'm sure a lot of you, like me, just take kotor to be canon in your own interpretation!

Whilst I love the new films, I just think they could get soooo much more creative if they did more EU sets, cos there's only so far they can go with rebels and rehashing old sets. Cmon give us a Sith battleship with exar kun and Massassi, darth plagueis and palpatine set, and some thranwn and Mars jade sets!

The reason I suggested it is because there looks to be further references to Malachor 5 in the rebels season 2 trailer, and that would effectively force kotor into the canon. (Plus I'm sure a lot of you, like me, just take kotor to be canon in your own interpretation!

Whilst I love the new films, I just think they could get soooo much more creative if they did more EU sets, cos there's only so far they can go with rebels and rehashing old sets. Cmon give us a Sith battleship with exar kun and Massassi, darth plagueis and palpatine set, and some thranwn and Mars jade sets!

Darth Plagueis and Palpatine would be awesome... And technically Plagueis is still canon anyways since he is referred to by Palpatine in ROTS. He would make a good polybag figure too, because any of the actual sets that he would be hypothetically featured in wouldn't be canon.

Edited by fighterpilot105

Darth Plagueis and Palpatine would be awesome... And technically Plagueis is still canon anyways since he is referred to by Palpatine in ROTS. He would make a good polybag figure too, because any of the actual sets that he would be hypothetically featured in wouldn't be canon.

Unless you go for the idea that Snoke is actually Plagueis.

The references to Plagueis in the canon Tarkin novel coincide with the legends Plagueis novel, lending it credence if even not official canon. Also, I could see Disney borrowing heavily from the EU, and just fitting characters and pieces in where they want to. Thrawn could easily be introduced as the exact same character he was in the EU trilogy, just with a different back story.

The rebels source does seem pretty legitimate, and we would almost certainly end up with a Thrawn set if so. I still there's a decent chance Snoke ends up being Plagueis. Snoke doesn't appear to be a Muun, but Disney can make Snoke whatever they want now.

If thrawn were to be made canon then we MUST have a good set with him in- also, if they do then I hope they keep the part with him uniting the empire after Endor and leading a fantastic campaign as he did in the EU. TFA takes place 30 years after for goodness sake so I for one still view the early new republic Era stuff like palpatines resurrection as canon. Amen to the idea of a darth plagueis poly bag!!!

But I fear we still will never see an exar kun mini figure:(

Other than Stass Allie and Storm, have there been any female LEGO figures "of colour" produced at all? I have yellow, white, green, blue, light flesh, but nothing in flesh, medium dark flesh, or reddish-brown beyond the two mentioned. It's good that their male minifigs are showing a bit more diversity, but they need to catch up with the female ones!

Starfire has the skin color I wish they would use for Sabine and the Clones. In Star Wars, Kanan and Quinlan Voss have that skin tone. But honestly, there are really not any named black women in the Star Wars films, but I know there are a few in the Clone Wars show and that bounty hunter from season 2 of Rebels.

I've just seen the video for the CTT and I actually don't think it looks too bad. I mean yes it's smaller but it is a lot more sturdier which is a good compromise to me. The interior doesn't look bad either and like I've said before the minifigure selection is excellent.

Unless you go for the idea that Snoke is actually Plagueis.

Spoiler: he's not.

Yeah... When JJ Abrams was asked during the SDCC Panel, I think it was, whether or not Plagueis would even be in the films he flat out answered no. Sure he could be lying but I doubt it. They created a whole new series of characters for the ST so why would they not do the same for the very embodiment of all evil in the film?

I still dont get why people are so obsessed with this theory.

Plaigus is dead, the new main evil guy is called Snoke, they did an all new cast and it wouldnt make sense to create a useless tie to a simple mention in one of the prequels.

And even if it may be possible, does it even matter if he would be?

Edited by BigEl

Again, "elements". Referencing Malachor doesn't "force" KOTOR into canon anymore than less-than-3000-year-old Hammerhead-style transports does. Just as Thrawn appearing doesn't make HTTE canon, for what should be incredibly obvious reasons based on what we saw in TFA (ie Kylo is not Jacen, is older than Jacen, and has no twin sister--Rey is a decade younger than Kylo and isn't Han or Leia's daughter, either)

Does anyone know if the clone turbo tank set is based on the prequel movie or the rebels series?

It's based on the movie, for the most part. The Quinlan figure is just a bonus despite not appearing in the movie.

Sabine's new hair color is excellent! It looks just like the shows representation of it. The fifth brother looks great from far away, it's great we're getting him.