Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

A few things I noticed about the minifigures:

Unkar Plutt: He looks noticeably shorter than many of the other figures standing next to him. Is he supposed to be like that?

Teedo: Kiran Shah, his actor in the movie, is only 1.2 meters tall. However, the minifigure is the same size as the other ones. Really?

Tarkin: I really hope that figure isn't Tarkin. The uniform color is off, and the hair color is too dark.

Sabine: The hair color is nice, but why didn't they fix the mold for it? And her skin tone is still incorrect.

The Three Clones: Printed beards? No hairpieces? In a $130 set? Really?

Yikes... $80 for Encounter on Jakku? I love the set and the figures, but that price is a little hard to stomach. I was hoping the Episode VII prices would go down in subsequent waves, but it looks as if that's not the case...

He should have short unprinted legs, but instead he gets long printed legs... Lots of Other TFA characters should of had printed legs instead.. The print is just some random wrappings as well, sothere'ss not much to get there. =/

Anyways hers my comparison pic, click for larger and more comparisons.

20526496170_5a6c6e197f.jpg

Edited by deskp

Good god is right. $80 US for Encounter on Jakku? That's already crazy and I'm from Canada so can you imagine what it'll cost with the Canadian Dollar so low?

Jesus Christ that's insane! Set it at 100$ plus 15% taxes :O

I'm probably still getting that Tie Advanced + A-Wing though. But god Tarkin was botched, tan + dark grey for the hair? Well, I hope it's not Tarkin...

Whilst I appreciate that the pricing of sets is always going to be of interest, please can we keep the discussions to a minimum and focus on the sets instead :classic:

I'm really looking forward to seeing some better photos of the new Advent Calendar; usually I can't muster much enthusiasm for them, but this one seems to be in a totally different league!

That better not be Dengar in that hideous, red 1980-something-spaceship. The Punishing One from the EU is such an awesome ship, I would hope they aren't throwing that away.

The Tie Advanced looks to be quite a nice rendition though. Far superior to current TLG versions.

Edited by Schneeds

If you watch the video of the minifigure line up, you can sort of see the 5th brother.

It also doesn't look like the calendar comes with a chrome C3PO or a TC-14. The color on camera looks more of a flat matte gray. Hard to tell from the box art, but it doesn't look like a C3Po either.

Darn, anyone want to sell me their extra TC-14? Guess I'm never getting that in a set!

I am starting to get the sense that the TFA hype is not the only factor driving prices up every time. With many so many projects that TLG has kick-started (animated shows, ideas, special themes, knights..e.t.c), it seems that the star wars theme is set up to bare the full force of potential flops. I mean...for the life of me I cannot explain the price tag on certain sets such as Encounter on Jakku. WAY too much! Maybe TLG is starting to overextend itself again?? I could be way off, of course.

Hmmm.... Lots of mixed feelings on these sets (myself included). I think the only absolute, must-get set is the TIE Advanced/ X-Wing.

Tarkin just looks... :sick: According to Lego, he has the same hair as a badly balding Bill Murray. Here's hoping for a more accurate gray-uniformed Tarkin in the Rogue One sets. :moar:

It's sad, but it's really nothing new - the price of most Star Wars sets has been 10-30 bucks (depending on size) above what it should be for years now. Some big sets have been exceptions imo (the last RGS and AT-TE were pretty fair), but prices like 90 for Poe's X-Wing, 60 for Takodana, 50 for the Tie Advanced prototype are just as bad as the new ones.

I love the new rebels stes, although the A-wing is not as good as the last one, the canons are ugly!!!

The movie sets, i don't care about, they are as boring as the movie. I allready have the x wing, don't need a second in just different colors.

A few things I noticed about the minifigures:

Unkar Plutt: He looks noticeably shorter than many of the other figures standing next to him. Is he supposed to be like that?

Teedo: Kiran Shah, his actor in the movie, is only 1.2 meters tall. However, the minifigure is the same size as the other ones. Really?

Tarkin: I really hope that figure isn't Tarkin. The uniform color is off, and the hair color is too dark.

Sabine: The hair color is nice, but why didn't they fix the mold for it? And her skin tone is still incorrect.

The Three Clones: Printed beards? No hairpieces? In a $130 set? Really?

Simon Pegg isn't terribly tall, so Unkar being the height of a regular minifig seems fine. Teedo's legs are a waste of printing, but at least it's easily fixed by giving him dark tan short legs. Tarkin is incredibly disappointing; TLG needs to quit with the dark tan Imps in Rebels sets, period. They clearly based that originally off whatever stills they had where the lighting on Lothal made the uniforms of the two guys in Spark of Rebellion look "dark tan", when everywhere else the uniforms were much grayer... and the hair should probably be light bley, not dark bley.

Still, it's a new Tarkin face, so I can always throw it on my old Tarkin torso.

Sabine, would've been nice to have a better hairpiece (since this one sits too high), and nice to correct the skin tone, so they dropped the ball twice there.

With the clones... that's even more disappointing with Gregor standing next to Quinlan. They should be as dark as Quinlan. This would've been the PERFECT time to correct that 8-year-old mistake of making them the same 'light flesh' as all the caucasian characters, and they could've even just said "It's a tan from living on that desert world" if people complained that these old guys don't match the other clone minifigs they have.

As for the rest... I like the TIE & A-wing, tho I'm surprised they didn't go for the McQuarrie blue deco for the A-wing... Sabine & Tarkin are disappointing, but having Vader & a new pilot is nice. The Luggabeast set looks pretty good, but the prices in general are rough for all of these--understandable, but rough. The X-wing set looks great, the CTT looks pretty fun and I'd love to get a non-TCW Quinlan & Luminara (her hat's dark brown, finally!). The AT-TE looks as crazy as I'd hoped, tho the heads of the clones are immensely disappointing. Hopefully there are more goodies hidden within that set to make up for it.

So that is Dengar (with the new CMF bandage headgear) with the Eclipse (which doesn't mean it's replacing his EU ship; it obviously belongs to the Sith-ish guy also packed in the set)...interesting! Couldn't tell what all the other figs in the 2nd row were as the camera panned by, but Dengar was clear.

The advent calendar minifig assortment looks pretty good. A Snowtrooper & Hoth Rebel might be "boring", but with new Hoth sets out I won't say no to more troopers...especially up-to-date ones! Having an ROTJ Luke in the set is a nice thing, too, for those who skipped the Ewok Village or Throne Room Duel. The silver 3PO is fantastic! I'm surprised so many are upset or disappointed at it... whether E-3PO or not, it's another protocol droid. I never really thought the "chrome" rumors would pan out, anyway... and white Chewie isn't meant to be Hoth Chewie at all, merely a gimmick "snowy-white Chewbacca" which is fine. I can use him as an albino Wookiee (or as Itchy from the Holiday Special). Looks like he has his new crossbow, too, to fire snowballs at others! An Imperial Naval Trooper/DST is always welcome, and I'm very stoked they included a Cloud City guard! Hooray!

The Fifth Brother looks great from what we can see of him so far. Does he have a new armor piece? At first I thought he reused the Grand Inquisitor's armor, but it looks like his could be new. Very cool.

When you compare those prices for regular sets with the UCS Slave 1, $199 is a real bargain. I am afraid to even think what future UCS sets will cost.

Hmmm, at least we get a new head for Tarkin meaning collectors could place the new head on the old body along with the Doctor Who head piece.

The prices are undoubtedly high... But I think (annoying as it may be) its to be expected. Disney are clearly trying to boost profits through merchandise.

Although its likely we'll see them reduced when we get the "half term sales"

So Encounter on Jakku is 80$? Just like I predicted back when prices for January TFA were announced, they jack up prices for sets based on TFA sets, and this set was seriously jacked if piece count is around 400-500 pcs like people here are saying. Tie Advanced vs A-Wing is priced at 100$ after all like it was predicted a long time ago, so even if pcs count is around 800 ( which I doubt), more like 600, 4 minifigs in 100$ set? At least make it 6 if it's 100$! I am still going to buy it, but 100$ is horrible price! As far as AT-TE being 130$ I am okay with it since last version was 120$ I think, but then again 4-5 minifigs in this set is a ripoff! Could have included Zeb( since he only appeared in set once), Kanan and Ezra all of these characters appear in this episodes. So yeah after pretty good January wave, summer has some good sets, but they are seriously overpriced!

So Encounter on Jakku is 80$? Just like I predicted back when prices for January TFA were announced, they jack up prices for sets based on TFA sets, and this set was seriously jacked if piece count is around 400-500 pcs like people here are saying. Tie Advanced vs A-Wing is priced at 100$ after all like it was predicted a long time ago, so even if pcs count is around 800 ( which I doubt), more like 600, 4 minifigs in 100$ set? At least make it 6 if it's 100$! I am still going to buy it, but 100$ is horrible price! As far as AT-TE being 130$ I am okay with it since last version was 120$ I think, but then again 4-5 minifigs in this set is a ripoff! Could have included Zeb( since he only appeared in set once), Kanan and Ezra all of these characters appear in this episodes. So yeah after pretty good January wave, summer has some good sets, but they are seriously overpriced!

the 400 piece count translates to 20 cents per piece, that's nearly double the 10-12 cents per piece norm we've had for so many years. Even at 500, we have 16 cents per piece...that's still too much. But I guess in the end it doesn't matter, that's how S&D works...and as long as cheaper themes sell enough sets to offset losses, prices for star wars sets will remain this high. It's just sad cause in the end for most of us, it comes down to only affording a max of 2-3 sets a year. Now regarding the sets themselves, I would love to get my hands on the turbo tank (I've missed all previous versions), as well as the TIE and a wing set. As for the rest of them I'll probably wait them out and look them up on the secondary market.

I am starting to get the sense that the TFA hype is not the only factor driving prices up every time.

*snip*

It's sad, but it's really nothing new - the price of most Star Wars sets has been 10-30 bucks (depending on size) above what it should be for years now.

*snip*

When you compare those prices for regular sets with the UCS Slave 1, $199 is a real bargain. I am afraid to even think what future UCS sets will cost.

The prices are undoubtedly high... But I think (annoying as it may be) its to be expected.

*snip*

So Encounter on Jakku is 80$? Just like I predicted back when prices for January TFA were announced, they jack up prices for sets based on TFA sets

*snip*

Just a little reminder about my earlier post.....

Whilst I appreciate that the pricing of sets is always going to be of interest, please can we keep the discussions to a minimum and focus on the sets instead :classic:

the 400 piece count translates to 20 cents per piece, that's nearly double the 10-12 cents per piece norm we've had for so many years. Even at 500, we have 16 cents per piece...that's still too much. But I guess in the end it doesn't matter, that's how S&D works...and as long as cheaper themes sell enough sets to offset losses, prices for star wars sets will remain this high. It's just sad cause in the end for most of us, it comes down to only affording a max of 2-3 sets a year. Now regarding the sets themselves, I would love to get my hands on the turbo tank (I've missed all previous versions), as well as the TIE and a wing set. As for the rest of them I'll probably wait them out and look them up on the secondary market.

Well, to get my two cents in here, I just think someone mixed the EU prices with USD and we will end up with that 80 EUR in EU, but 60-70 USD in the US for that damn set...

Just a little reminder about my earlier post.....

I apologize for veering off :tongue: It just seems that the pricing is reaching a point where it affects the discussion of the sets. But I must respect the council's wishes :grin:.

Now regarding Rex's AT-TE, I wonder if the clones come with special printing so that they can be distinguished. It's a shame their helmets aren't included, especially since they did sort of feature considerably on those couple of episodes...

Edited by madroskylo77