Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

NYTF has never denied photos for sets, only for sets that might be spoiler-ish for upcoming movies (like Rogue One, Doctor Strange, or the 4th Civil War set). We'll see them at NY.

That's not true, they didn't allow photography of the TMNT movie sets. Someone still took a picture of it anyway :tongue:

LEGO-TMNT-Movie.jpg

NYTF has never denied photos for sets, only for sets that might be spoiler-ish for upcoming movies (like Rogue One, Doctor Strange, or the 4th Civil War set). We'll see them at NY.

They also unveiled the ant man set too. That's where many has speculated the "dark antman spoiler" but it never happened

The other ship on Jakku that gets blown up by a Tie Fighter before they grab the MF, that looks like a cool ship for a set!

Quadjumper?

That's the one! Not many choices for ships left in TFA really, which is disappointing... so if they made the Quadjumper (which is a cool-looking ship, even if it literally never got off the ground in the film) it'd hopefully have a nice array of minifigs. Since we don't really get a decent look at the ship Finn was boarding before the attack on Takodana, there's little chance of getting a set of it, but putting Sidon Ithano & Quiggold with the Quadjumper might be fun, since other Jakku types would be pretty underwhelming as they're filthy scavengers or robed/masked "not quite Tuskens"... I suppose Sarco Plank and Constable Zuvio wouldn't be terrible (Zuvio got two Hasbro figures, and Sarco at least appears in a Luke book so you could have him fight Yavin Luke, if we ever get one without the medal). Or go the T-16 Skyhopper route and just create a grungy tug driver/smuggler-looking dude to pilot the ship and lament its loss when Finn & Rey get it blown up by the First Order. :sweet:

Hopefully VIII (and Rogue One, naturally) will introduce a lot more ships for even more set potential.

That's the one! Not many choices for ships left in TFA really, which is disappointing... so if they made the Quadjumper (which is a cool-looking ship, even if it literally never got off the ground in the film) it'd hopefully have a nice array of minifigs..

What about a UCS Finalizer?

That'd be disappointing for me, since I don't really go for the UCS ships. Not swooshable enough (tho I'd be tempted if they ever redid the Falcon). I'd rather get starfighters, transports, speeders, etc... :tongue:

I'm not sure it was in the movie enough that they would do that yet. We really haven't even seen the entire ship yet, not compared to how it was shown in ANH at least.

No finalizer, I wouldn't expect that until we've seen more of the inside. It will happen eventually, just not this year.

Edited by amazingbricks

I'm not sure it was in the movie enough that they would do that yet. We really haven't even seen the entire ship yet, not compared to how it was shown in ANH at least.

Wasn't the escape pod scene the only time we saw the inside of a star destroyer in ANH? In TESB there were a few scenes (plus Executor), and I think that Executor was the only Star Destroyer we saw inside of in RotJ.

The other ship on Jakku that gets blown up by a Tie Fighter before they grab the MF, that looks like a cool ship for a set!

It looks like a building to me

It looks like a building to me

Definitely a Quad Jumper ship. Finn asks about the ship off screen, which turns out to be the Falcon and Rey say's it's junk and to use the ship they're running to. It gets blown up so they go to the junk and fly off!

I think I might really like those "Adventure" sets. The one they are calling "Hammerhead" looks fantastic, but something about it still feels Star-Warsish. The little black one is also pretty cool, even if the design is more Batwing than Star Wars. I can't wait to see what they really look like and tell if I really would like to build them. :classic:

Concept art showed the Quad Jumper parked under Rey's fallen at-at. I had assumed that was her ship.

They didn't have as many big outside shots in good lighting as in ANH, but they spent a lot more time inside and flying around the hull. I don't expect a UCS Finalizer soon, just because those huge sets always lag a few years behind the system-scale ones, but I'd be surprised if it didn't happen eventually. Of course, I'm still surprised we haven't gotten any Prequels vehicles at all (except for the Delta 7) in that scale, so who knows.

Finalizer is in mini polybag version so I think system-scale should be in near future, all others mini models in polybags have their larger system-scale versions, just this one only hasn't.

Finalizer is in mini polybag version so I think system-scale should be in near future, all others mini models in polybags have their larger system-scale versions, just this one only hasn't.

To be technical, there was an MTT clone wars version (blue) that hasn't been made yet. I remember this pretty well because I also used that logic when I first saw the polybag.

Edited by namioik

To be technical, there was an MTT clone wars version (blue) that hasn't been made yet. I remember this pretty well because I also used that logic when I first saw the polybag.

The Finalizer is a fairly popular ship though. I mean it's a ship a lot of people want from a very successful movie. It will happen for sure.

There will be Captain Rex's at-te from rebels and darth vaders tie advanced vs a-wing set and a store exclusive set that is unknown but has rebels Ahsoka.

aww sounds awesome what date will these be out? summer?

Yes you're right, but as a main type of ship MTT was in system-scale version, besides of version, this was my logic, this new class destroyer wasn't in any version yet. So we both have right from certain piont of view :classic:

aww sounds awesome what date will these be out? summer?

Summer. Though I don't know when the ahsoka set is coming.

It wasn't in the movie that much?! What? It was in the movie a TON! They cut back to it every time they went to the First Order in the first half of the movie, and we saw it from almost every angle (bottom, back, side, top, etc.)! Not to mention, we've seen the bridge, the living quarters (where Kylo talks to Vader's helmet), the interrogation room, the hallways, and the cargo hold (or whatever they call where all the TIE Fighters park). That's even more interiors than we saw the Star Destroyers in ANH and Empire, really (as we saw more of the Super Star Destroyer in ESB). So, not sure that's a valid argument here. It's in the movie a lot, we've seen a lot of it, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it sometime down the line...but not this year, I don't think. And given LEGO's knack for releasing expensive sets for this line, it's almost a given we'll see this somewhere. Anyway, my two cents...

Concept art showed the Quad Jumper parked under Rey's fallen at-at. I had assumed that was her ship.

...and it may have been at the time that art was created. But in the final film, it isn't. Such is the nature of concept art... she has no ship, just a speeder. The quadjumper belongs to Unkar or someone else on Jakku.

I'd love some EU sets. I'm probably in the minority as a not-even-a-little-bit an of TFA, and couldn't care less if there's another Poe or Ren fig or ship. Give me a Thrawn, Pellaeon and Noghri set with a command room. Gimme Dash Rendar and the Outrider. Kyle Katarn and the Crow. Jaina Solo and a StealthX. Some Rogues and a proper E-Wing. Biggs Darklighter from Tattooine and a different Skyhopper or landspeeder. Yavin Base. The Errant Venture. Caedus and Ben Skywalker. Cade Skywalker vs Darth Krayt.