Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I wonder what size Unkar Plutt will be?

He's clearly bigger than minfig size, but still smaller than bigfigs like the LOTR/Castle monsters ... might he use parts from the new NEXO line?

I think he'll just be Gamorrean-sized, with a similar mold for the head and a part of the body.

Edited by General Magma

I think he'll just be Gamorrean-sized, with a similar mold for the head and a part of the body.

That would be my guess.

Does anybody know when we approximately are going to Get any information about the ucs Hoth ? I need to know fast i dont have any Hoth themed sets but if it is cool then i an going to buy the newest at-at and the must have In my eyes wampa set (if it doesnt come with the ucs.) and i gotta Get these quick before they are gone!

Does anybody know when we approximately are going to Get any information about the ucs Hoth ? I need to know fast i dont have any Hoth themed sets but if it is cool then i an going to buy the newest at-at and the must have In my eyes wampa set (if it doesnt come with the ucs.) and i gotta Get these quick before they are gone!

I would say hold off on the Wampa cave. It's likely one will be included in the UCS set. Go ahead and buy the AT-AT. One will not be included.

I would say hold off on the Wampa cave. It's likely one will be included in the UCS set. Go ahead and buy the AT-AT. One will not be included.

An at at has at least 1000 pieces in it so including one In the ucs set would only lave 1000 pieces for the rest and just make it a 3 In 1'ish set... So yeah i never expected an at-at In that set and i an never going to. But i guess i will just buy the at at and wait.

I doubt we will get the Wampa Cave in the set. :look: How do you guys think it is going to be done though? I mean do you think it is just going to be on one huge base plate or what.

Unkar Plutt will undoubtedly be accomplished in the same style as Chewie, or as mentioned above, the Gamorrean guards. Maz has a nice detailed head, so I have high hopes for both Unkar and Teedo. The thug, if he's in the set, will be the other thug who doesn't have the weird mouthpiece and goggles, looks more like a mummy. I wonder if Rey will get an alternate version of her Jakku outfit? Perhaps one face print could have dirt and sand on it from her scavenging, and maybe they could add some marks to her outfit, much like the polybag FN-2187 we've seen.

He could be as tall as the pong krell minifigure. I guess the new Death Star set will be released in the autumn. Since I don't have the Death Star I am saving money for the new one. Hope it's good.

I doubt we will get the Wampa Cave in the set. :look: How do you guys think it is going to be done though? I mean do you think it is just going to be on one huge base plate or what.

I expect a better version of the Echo Base than the previous ones (duh) with probably a Bacta tank / infirmary, a blast door, the shield generator and the ion cannon. There could be a wampa enclosure too, as a nod to a deleted scene from ESB. There will probably be a small trench with a couple cannons to add the inevitable spring shooters too. Or maybe the ion cannon itself will contain one.

I expect a better version of the Echo Base than the previous ones (duh) with probably a Bacta tank / infirmary, a blast door, the shield generator and the ion cannon. There could be a wampa enclosure too, as a nod to a deleted scene from ESB. There will probably be a small trench with a couple cannons to add the inevitable spring shooters too. Or maybe the ion cannon itself will contain one.

Do you mean Tauntaun enclosure?

Do you mean Tauntaun enclosure?

Nope, in a deleted scene of ESB it was revealed the Rebels had captured some wampas (probably when they took over the cave system that is Echo Base) and held them in an enclosure. When they were fleeing during the imperial attack, C3PO went to the door of the enclosure (looks like any other door) but it had a sticker on it warning people not to enter, and he rips off the sticker. Then you see snowtroopers enter the room and get mauled by the released wampas.

In fact that sticker was inside the previous Echo Base set, but as a simple sign on a post.

Edited by BalrogJ

Nope, in a deleted scene of ESB it was revealed the Rebels had captured some wampas (probably when they took over the cave system that is Echo Base) and held them in an enclosure. When they were fleeing during the imperial attack, C3PO went to the door of the enclosure (looks like any other door) but it had a sticker on it warning people not to enter, and he rips off the sticker. Then you see snowtroopers enter the room and get mauled by the released wampas.

In fact that sticker was inside the previous Echo Base set, but as a simple sign on a post.

Well, close... the scene was long & pretty raw, and basically terrible all around. You can check the full thing out here...it's pretty obvious why it was cut. All that remains is the dead tauntaun Han looks at when he's about to head out for Luke, and maybe a glimpse of the warning door for a second, if that.

Learn something everyday...

The other Jakku thug will probably be the tan one, possibly named Mast Surko from Rey's Survival Guide. The guide also implies that Teedos have a hive mind, which I find pretty interesting. I'm pretty excited for the Niima set, plus all the EU information on Jakku has been pretty exciting to me.

So this store exclusive set that Ahsoka is rumored to be in.. what stores have exclusives sets ? I've heard of store exclusive polybags, but I can't think of any store that's had whole sets be exclusive. (except for the actual LEGO store, of course, and maybe that's where she's going to land) I'm probably forgetting something really obvious. :laugh:

Edited by jedikitty

For example, rumor is the upcoming "UCS" Hoth set is basically a combination of a couple of the past Rebel base type sets and an AT-AT. If that happens, that would be the ultimate confirmation of this approach....

I hope this is the case (at least for this set) as I just started collecting and don't own any Hoth sets yet.

So this store exclusive set that Ahsoka is rumored to be in.. what stores have exclusives sets ? I've heard of store exclusive polybags, but I can't think of any store that's had whole sets be exclusive. (except for the actual LEGO store, of course, and maybe that's where she's going to land) I'm probably forgetting something really obvious. :laugh:

Target, Walmart, And Toys R Us carry exclusives. In the US at least. Edited by PickleManDan

Pretty sure Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter that's out right now is a Walmart exclusive. Assuming Ahsoka's in the A-wing, sounds like she'll be exclusive to Target.

Pretty sure Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter that's out right now is a Walmart exclusive. Assuming Ahsoka's in the A-wing, sounds like she'll be exclusive to Target.

Oh yeah forgot there's still a set with the "a-wing" name. That maybe a code for something else just like how "Anakin's pod racer " was a code for those new Disney Lego properties however...

I have a feeling that the Inquisitor included with Rex's AT-TE will be the Fifth Brother, as he appears at the end of the episode that the walker is featured in.

With that in mind, if the rumours are true, then we can expect the Seventh Sister in the set with Ahsoka. Unless Ahsoka is in the A-wing set, and it actually is A-wing (Would TLG include two of the same ship in the same wave?)

My thinking is, the only time we ever see the Seventh Sister and Ahsoka in the same scene is their fight on Takobo in the episode where they rescue the force sensitive babies. At the end of the fight, a group of Imperial Troop Transports surround Ahsoka, although she escapes. Is it possible that the set Ahsoka is going to be in will be an Imperial Troop Transport? It's a vehicle that's been featured in several epsiodes of Rebels. And to hike the price up I'm sure they'll include something like the door Ahsoka makes her big entrance through and/or the pillar that the Seventh Sister gets thrown against.

I could be entirely wrong, and the A-wing set is an A-wing, (She does pilot one in the show, coincidentally in the same episode) but it seems weird to have to variants of the same ship in a single wave.

Ahsoka is also seen on the Phoenix Squadron Command Ship, but that seems like it would be quite large, (Unless they did something like the Mon Calamari Home One set). Also the Seventh Sister has a personal TIE Fighter, but it looks similar/identical to the one the Grand Inquisitor uses, so I doubt they'd make that set again so soon. Then there is the transport where the Seventh Sister kidnaps one of the children and that Ahsoka later boards, but it seems too obscure a ship to be easily recognised.

Again, I'm only speculating, and I'll probably be proven wrong within the next couple of weeks, but I just wanted to share my reasoning with everybody.

Thoughts?

Edited by Phoenix__Phyre

I could be entirely wrong, and the A-wing set is an A-wing, (She does pilot one in the show, coincidentally in the same episode) but it seems weird to have to variants of the same ship in a single wave.
Well, I mean, it may not be the same wave but it's also pretty weird that they're releasing two color variations of the same X-wing back to back. At least if they're doing that with the A-wings one of those sets will include something extra, rather than just being the same ship twice like they did with the X-wing.

A quick search on google images shows the Teedo & Luggabeast set. I'm liking it.

Wait, there's a photo?

Here we go again, detailed info from London fairs about upcoming sets were deleted from Brickset :sceptic:

Photos were not allowed, now also description are not allow??? :sceptic:

Edited by Hygrotus

Target, Walmart, And Toys R Us carry exclusives. In the US at least.

Oh, guess I never realized they were exclusives ! Though a lot of my lack of knowledge is probably because when it comes to the Star Wars theme, I've only ever bought a couple microfighters since coming out of my Dark Ages a couple years ago. (too busy buying from other themes) I've mostly just bought Star Wars minifigs I want secondhand so far. Eagerly awaiting the new Jakku set and for the newest Droid Escape Pod to release here in the US, though. :classic:

Edited by jedikitty