Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I think this might have been covered, but I'm wondering if there is a reason that the Resistance X-wing Microfighter wasn't released in January for America? Is it expected to release with the PT/OT stuff in March I believe?

I think this might have been covered, but I'm wondering if there is a reason that the Resistance X-wing Microfighter wasn't released in January for America? Is it expected to release with the PT/OT stuff in March I believe?

I would assume so. No official reason but I wouldnt be surprised if it was related to a problem with one of the manufacturing facilities that supplies North America.

Edited by Brickweiser

Wonder how the change of release date for episode VIII will affect the sets we see coming out over the next eighteen months. TLG now have a whole year after RO to focus on its related sets rather than just a few months.

Wonder how the change of release date for episode VIII will affect the sets we see coming out over the next eighteen months. TLG now have a whole year after RO to focus on its related sets rather than just a few months.

I think with new December release day ep 8 sets will come out in September instead of January 2017. I really hate that we will have to wait for this highly anticipated sequel for 2 years instead of 1,5! But maybe this will push Lego to make more ep 7 sets in freed time. There's a lot of sets they can make from ep 7 - Finalizer SD anyone?

My guess is that it will open the door for more PT, OT, Rebels, Rogue 1, etc. There are only so many TFA scenes that can be made, and it seems like most of the major ones are covered. They probably are not going to be able to release much of anything related to Episode VIII ahead of the movie in order to keep it relatively spoiler free.

It will be interesting to see if this new release schedule for Episode VIII will massively shake up what Lego was already planning to do for 2017. Hopefully it won't cause a massive gap in between waves like what happened when they moved the Hobbit: BotFA from a summer release to a Christmas release.

I don't expect any more than 4 sets for Rogue One, mainly due to the way Lego has treated the spin-off Marvel films. I also don't look for it to be an ever green property like the PT, OT, and ST. I think it will be more like the Clone Wars; when the hype dies down we will stop seeing Lego sets for it. I also predict we will see the same fate for Rebels.

Dont think they will do the finalizer, tho i realy would kove that, maybe they move some planned sets from summer wave this year to next year and put in some more small sets.

Not that TLG would ever be so gracious, but I'd love to see a smaller set (in the $20-30 range) that was the final duel from TFA. I'm not sure what the set would consist of (probably trees with typical lame LEGO features) but it would be a fantastic way to get Rey, Finn, and unmasked Kylo Ren (potentially even battle damaged) in one set. And who wouldn't love to see a "final scene" set with

Rey in her Resistance Outfit and Old Luke

. This could easily be done much like the new BVS set that comes with armored Batman and Superman. No one buys the set for the awful play features, just the minifigs. The only issue is, I don't see TLG making two new minifigs for a $12 set unless

Rey has the same outfit in the next movie

, nor do I see them putting the three most popular characters in one cheap set together. But one can dream...

I have no problem with episode 8 being pushed back. It means they are taking the appropriate time to make a good movie. Also, it means there will be more time to make OT, PT, rebels, and rogue one sets. Good for the Lego star wars line in my opinion.

Well since Ep VIII date moved then maybe we will get more rebel sets in the 2017 summer sets.

Here's hoping. Rebels has so much interesting stuff in terms of characters and ship designs. It's a shame it garners so much negativity among those who grew up on TCW (but who conveniently forget that the first season and a bit of that were rather slow-going too).

Also, a chance of 2 waves of Rogue One sets is good, then another September Force Friday in 2017. Works for me!

I imagine that if TLG has to develop & produce extra sets by 1 years time as a stop-gap that they will be snowspeeders, JSFs, cannons and other frequent remakes that we always complain about.

I imagine that if TLG has to develop & produce extra sets by 1 years time as a stop-gap that they will be snowspeeders, JSFs, cannons and other frequent remakes that we always complain about.

Should we expect anything else? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not that TLG would ever be so gracious, but I'd love to see a smaller set (in the $20-30 range) that was the final duel from TFA. I'm not sure what the set would consist of (probably trees with typical lame LEGO features) but it would be a fantastic way to get Rey, Finn, and unmasked Kylo Ren (potentially even battle damaged) in one set. And who wouldn't love to see a "final scene" set with

. This could easily be done much like the new BVS set that comes with armored Batman and Superman. No one buys the set for the awful play features, just the minifigs. The only issue is, I don't see TLG making two new minifigs for a $12 set unless

, nor do I see them putting the three most popular characters in one cheap set together. But one can dream...

I mentioned several pages back that they could do an island hut with Luke and Rey, similar to Yoda's hut in 4502.

I'm imagining lots of dark and light grey slopes and green plant pieces... wishful thinking, I'm afraid. In any case, they would probably release it as an Episode VIII set.

Edited by Gadzooks

Should we expect anything else? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, it seems that some are expecting extra original Rebels, Rogue One etc sets

The movie is only being delayed by 7 months. Is that really enough time for TLG to develop a wave of replacement sets? Maybe some sets in the planning stages for Summer 2017 are gonna be fast tracked to January 2017. It will be interesting to see if we get a few re-releases that are nearly identical to the previous versions like what just happened with the winter toy shop.

The only reason why I don't think they'll do that is because it would saturate the lineup with more of the same characters. All 3 of them are already in 2 current sets and it would probably de-value their inclusion in others for Episode VIII.

I would actually like to see a Han and Chewie set, perhaps with a Rathtar and two of the all red Guavian Death Gang members chasing them.

Here's hoping. Rebels has so much interesting stuff in terms of characters and ship designs. It's a shame it garners so much negativity among those who grew up on TCW (but who conveniently forget that the first season and a bit of that were rather slow-going too).

Also, a chance of 2 waves of Rogue One sets is good, then another September Force Friday in 2017. Works for me!

I totally agree. I'm hoping for an Interdictor cruiser (the one with the gravity well projectors) and the red prototype B-wing.

I totally agree. I'm hoping for an Interdictor cruiser (the one with the gravity well projectors) and the red prototype B-wing.

Id prefer an arquitens light cruiser on the imperial side, but i'd be fine with an interdictor as well, basically any new imperial ship to add to the fleet is welcome

I love the speculation, but does anyone know when we will be getting pics/ descriptions from TLG? Is it confirmed that we are getting more TFA sets?

Also, would anyone agree with me in saying that the Battlefront BP minifigs look very 'resistance-y'?

I'm still crossing my fingers that Old Luke appears in the Chronicles of the Force book this summer. I'm going to scream if he turns out to be a $75 polybag freebee at the Lego Store (which, at the moment, appears to be Hux).

Any news on Rex's AT-TE? I was really excited for that, but after seeing what "Anakin's Podracer" turned out to be..... So is it just another misnomer? Or should I just wait til this weekend? :blush:

I love the speculation, but does anyone know when we will be getting pics/ descriptions from TLG? Is it confirmed that we are getting more TFA sets?

Also, would anyone agree with me in saying that the Battlefront BP minifigs look very 'resistance-y'?

Lol not for half a year, bud.

We'll see more early Feb, whenever the Nuremberg Toy Fair is.