Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Do you think Disney's executive will push the director for 8 and 9 to use snowy planet so they can finally get rid of all these unsold Snowspeeder ? :laugh:

I think a lot of people are waiting until those are massively discounted, so they can buy them for parts. Also, there are probably a lot of people who will buy them as gifts, and have no clue that it is a lame vehicle that got next to nothing on the screen.

You can expect a remake of that set in about three years. Hey, at least they'll fix their mistake, and there will be a major difference, so it will make sense to have another remake.

With regards to the Kylo ship (and other set mishaps), it is my firm belief that us critical and bitchy AFOLS represent a paltry 3% (max) of the market, and the other 97% doesn't care if it was white, black, gold or purple and flapped its wing like a goose.. Chance of remake within 3 years with a new movie coming every year, on top of the invigorated tv series and games: none.

With regards to the Kylo ship (and other set mishaps), it is my firm belief that us critical and bitchy AFOLS represent a paltry 3% (max) of the market, and the other 97% doesn't care if it was white, black, gold or purple and flapped its wing like a goose.. Chance of remake within 3 years with a new movie coming every year, on top of the invigorated tv series and games: none.

I think a remake by Ep 8/9 is plausible. It's not so much so of our AFOL "give us a more accurate rendition" complaints, but more of "we'll remake it because it's a prominent ship in the new movie and it'll sell toys".

I think a lot of people are waiting until those are massively discounted, so they can buy them for parts. Also, there are probably a lot of people who will buy them as gifts, and have no clue that it is a lame vehicle that got next to nothing on the screen.

I actually think they had a chase scene in mind with that vehicle but it didnt make the cut.

Battlepacks are always in the winterwave right? I really like the bp with the rodian and duros. We need more aliens.

I actually think they had a chase scene in mind with that vehicle but it didnt make the cut.

Battlepacks are always in the winterwave right? I really like the bp with the rodian and duros. We need more aliens.

yes that was a cut seen, they where racing to the generator to blow it up. you can see the snow speeder behind the door way, not the biggest scene but its on screen

I don't envy the designer of this set at all: making yet another spider droid appealing to the crowd, with the disaster that the last one was.

Overall they did a better job than the last one as for the model itself: the thing is stable and some of the design issues have been fixed.

However, the accuracy of the set is left to be desired: The spider droid has never been seen on Kashyyk!

Second, the mini-figs are meh: the 41st elite corps trooper while nice is still available in a battlepack. The two battledroids are, well, battledroids, they do their jobs the best they can. and finally Yoda, which last apearance was in the Geonosis Duel which I can't recommend.

Overall I feel that this set's main purpose was to sell Yoda ( an sought out after mini-fig ) in a not really appealing set.

Yoou can still buy the previous version in my local toystore... :tongue:

https://www.fun.be/l...ider-droid.html

Can't wait until they are both up on the shelf. :laugh:

Edited by Cyberfounder

Yeah, on the 24th. It should be interesting to hear exactly what we're getting.

Including information about the Death Star or Star Killer Base?

Including information about the Death Star or Star Killer Base?

I highly doubt we'll get info on the death star, but we'll definitely get info on regular sets.

I highly doubt we'll get info on the death star, but we'll definitely get info on regular sets.

Will the Death Star be released this year?

That's the plan :) I just hope they don't delay it like they did with the hoth echo base.

Hopefully they delayed Hoth to make it more epic than just the interior off that clip.

I don't know if those were posted here or not. But here are some new pics from the 2016 sets list. I came here to see if there are any more and thought I'd share.

The X-Wing and Tie Advanced X\A-Wing sets are exiciting to me.

Not sure what is the black craft on the bottom right and I'd like to know.

Edited by Bob De Quatre
Don't post preliminary pictures

Hopefully they delayed Hoth to make it more epic than just the interior off that clip.

Do we have any confirmed details on this really? The tread is to long to start reading it backwards..

Do we have any confirmed details on this really? The tread is to long to start reading it backwards..

No confirmed details. My hope is the set will get unveiled at NY toy fair next month. NYTF doesn't usually unveil D2C sets but that changed last year since they showed us the Tie fighter

I don't know if these were posted here or not. But here are some new pics from the 2016 sets list. I came here to see if there are any more and thought I'd share.

Were these preliminary images the same as the ones from last week?

No confirmed details. My hope is the set will get unveiled at NY toy fair next month. NYTF doesn't usually unveil D2C sets but that changed last year since they showed us the Tie fighter

I hope they reveal the UCS hoth set in New York. If not it will probably be mid March when Lego does their press release for the May 4th release date.

I don't know if those were posted here or not. But here are some new pics from the 2016 sets list. I came here to see if there are any more and thought I'd share.

The X-Wing and Tie Advanced X\A-Wing sets are exiciting to me.

Not sure what is the black craft on the bottom right and I'd like to know.

Yeah, we saw those. That one remains a mystery.

Yeah, we saw those. That one remains a mystery.

Ignore these people who post prelims your encouraging them, its agents the rules. Read them!

Well there those prelim pictures are prelims so I can't really judge, but that TIE advanced I am so getting. Darth Vader's TIE from 2009 was my first Lego Star Wars set so there would definitely be some great memories from that set. I don't care for the turbo tank, since the prequel era is over, but I might get it since I enjoy larger vehicles. The new X-WIng is just like I expected it to be. The other sets, while they look cool, just don't do that much for me.