Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Glad everybody is seeing it. We may finally have an explanation for the TIE advanced vs A wing. There is a great deal of potential for sets and finally we may be seeing a TIE bomber in the future. Also, if you guys look at the teaser for the upcoming episode, they're introducing ships with an uncanny appearance to the hammerhead cruisers from KOTOR. Ezra even mentions that they're "old transports". Rebels is definitely getting interesting.

That crossed lightsaber in green looks amazing, hoping it gets made in Lego next year :sweet:

About the Ahsoka set, it is indeed coming, but it will be an exclsuive.

Edited by amazingbricks

And how the hell is Maul back?

Apparently the book son of dathomir is canon and it explains what happened to him though I've never read it.

Yes, Maul survived Season 5 of TCW, because Palpatine had plans for him... we see those plans in Dark Horse's "Son of Dathomir" comic miniseries, the first of the canon comics (and last new project from Dark Horse on their SW contract). He was used as bait to lure Mother Talzin to the physical realm once more, so she could be killed... and that happened, but Maul's Mando allies managed to spirit him away from the scene.

Not sure that's Plo's voice. Unless he learned how to become one with the Force like Yoda & Obi-Wan, and managed it just before exploding in ROTS, he's gone.

Mandos, holocrons, TIE bombers, Inquisitors, Jedi Temple Guards without hoods, that tri-saber... lots of good stuff in there. More new ships. Yeah, would be nice to get some sets outta this.

I like that rebels kinda pulls stuff from all areas of star wars: EU, books, clone wars, PT, and especially OT. It feels like all around star wars. Though I didn't like it as much as the clone wars after the first season, I think that might change. Hopefully all that stuff gets made into sets. I am a bit worried though, because it might have to compete with more TFA sets, Rogue one sets, and not to mention all the OT, PT and lego-made sets they are putting out. Too much material to cover.

That crossed lightsaber in green looks amazing, hoping it gets made in Lego next year :sweet:

About the Ahsoka set, it is indeed coming, but it will be an exclsuive.

Could you hint which set she'll be in? The more I see the trailer the more excited I get for more "OT style" sets

Could you hint which set she'll be in? The more I see the trailer the more excited I get for more "OT style" sets

All I know is that she'll be the main selling point of the set.

I'd check 2.03-2.10 my friend. I'm certain it's his voice. Probably Ahsoka talking to him using the force like Qui- gon and Yoda.

Ah, I knew that voice sounded familiar! I hope it is him. Thank you.

Sounds like the vehicle or play set may be lackluster :/

Yes, Maul survived Season 5 of TCW, because Palpatine had plans for him... we see those plans in Dark Horse's "Son of Dathomir" comic miniseries, the first of the canon comics (and last new project from Dark Horse on their SW contract). He was used as bait to lure Mother Talzin to the physical realm once more, so she could be killed... and that happened, but Maul's Mando allies managed to spirit him away from the scene.

Not sure that's Plo's voice. Unless he learned how to become one with the Force like Yoda & Obi-Wan, and managed it just before exploding in ROTS, he's gone.

Mandos, holocrons, TIE bombers, Inquisitors, Jedi Temple Guards without hoods, that tri-saber... lots of good stuff in there. More new ships. Yeah, would be nice to get some sets outta this.

For a while I also thought these guys were Jedi Temple Guards, I mean yellow lightsabers, masks, white clothes and Jedi Symbol on the wall of their dojo. But then someone wrote they kinda look like Jedi from Old Republic! So many possibilities!

So I suppose it will either be a very expensive set, or very lackluster one. Also why is it retail exclusive? Not every country in the world get exclusive sets, so I might not be able to get this set if it's Toys r us exclusive .

I am a bit worried though, because it might have to compete with more TFA sets, Rogue one sets, and not to mention all the OT, PT and lego-made sets they are putting out. Too much material to cover.

im worried about this i think they will concentrate on TFA RO and OT/PT rather than rebels but i hope im wrong i love the rebels

Nobody noticed the Quasar Fire-class bulk cruiser?!

->

Still, it won't change my opinion on the show itself...

on another note, is there any reason why the January sets are late in the US? Here, they were available 3 days before the Episode 7 premiere.

Polybag 30279 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle is available in Poland

It Is a free gift to "Kaczor Donald" (english: Donald Duck) magazine. It is only for 9.99 polish zloty so about 2.20 euro, 2.5$ or 1.70 pound.

24046617649_0ca47f9b53_c.jpgIMG_0591 by Marek, on Flickr

24414433075_74b8dc97fe_c.jpg30279-1 by Marek, on Flickr

Such a shame that Lego is still going for the Letter H instead of V for Kylo Rens Command Shuttle :grin:

I guess since they knew that they screwed up the design of the system scale version, they felt that they had to make the polybag version in the same wrong way so noone would notice :laugh:

Glad everybody is seeing it. We may finally have an explanation for the TIE advanced vs A wing. There is a great deal of potential for sets and finally we may be seeing a TIE bomber in the future. Also, if you guys look at the teaser for the upcoming episode, they're introducing ships with an uncanny appearance to the hammerhead cruisers from KOTOR. Ezra even mentions that they're "old transports". Rebels is definitely getting interesting.

Agreed. Rebels is definitely growing as a show. And it looks like we get a lot more James Earl Jones, which I think took the show to another level. The hammerhead would be a great set.

Pause that moment and you will notice familiar facial tattoos, and his eyes are hard to miss.

aww to bad his eyes are yellow again. even efter all that slightley less evil sithness in TCW. maybe he will have a change of heart again, but this time not still be evil

aww to bad his eyes are yellow again. even efter all that slightley less evil sithness in TCW. maybe he will have a change of heart again, but this time not still be evil

Of course Maul is still evil. I mean he was raised in the ways of the Sith since he was a child, you can't just forget it and move on. And also in CW he's done some very evil things, I mean if it wasn't for Sidius's interference the history of the galaxy would have gone different route just because of Mauls evil deeds. Edited by benderisgreat

For a while I also thought these guys were Jedi Temple Guards, I mean yellow lightsabers, masks, white clothes and Jedi Symbol on the wall of their dojo. But then someone wrote they kinda look like Jedi from Old Republic! So many possibilities!

I'm pretty sure they're temple guards. In fact, I'm pretty sure the one talking to Kanan went on to become the Grand Inquisitor from Season 1. Filoni did say he appeared in the Clone Wars after all, and the armor/voice is very similar.

Nobody noticed the Quasar Fire-class bulk cruiser?!

->

Still, it won't change my opinion on the show itself...

on another note, is there any reason why the January sets are late in the US? Here, they were available 3 days before the Episode 7 premiere.

I noticed it immediately. Looks like it becomes the Rebel's new main ship. Still sad that the old Phoenix Home got destroyed, I really loved the design, but bringing back the Quasar Fire-class is pretty great as well.

I'd appreciate it if you could use the 'Shift' key for the first letter of each sentence in future. It allows you to add capital letters which make everything far easier to read and understand. And, I understand that some mobiles and tablets even have an option to switch between lower and uppercase with just a single click :wink:

Of course Maul is still evil. I mean he was raised in the ways of the Sith since he was a child, you can't just forget it and move on. And also in CW he's done some very evil things, I mean if it wasn't for Sidius's interference the history of the galaxy would have gone different route just because of Mauls evil deeds.

Yah i know that, thats why i said Slightly. well other then the last sceen of with him. There was some plans to make him not a major villain, some one more like ventures a neutral character. but those episodes where cut.

Such a shame that Lego is still going for the Letter H instead of V for Kylo Rens Command Shuttle :grin:

I guess since they knew that they screwed up the design of the system scale version, they felt that they had to make the polybag version in the same wrong way so noone would notice :laugh:

You can expect a remake of that set in about three years. Hey, at least they'll fix their mistake, and there will be a major difference, so it will make sense to have another remake.

Edited by amazingbricks

You can expect a remake of that set in about three years. Hey, at least they'll fix their mistake, and there will be a major difference, so it will make sense to have another remake.

Or maybe they will remake his shuttle for Ep8 in January 2017. I mean he will probably still be using this shuttle in new movie, right?

Or maybe they will remake his shuttle for Ep8 in January 2017. I mean he will probably still be using this shuttle in new movie, right?

Unfortunately I don't think they will remake it that soon. There will just be too many new areas/ships to cover from episode 8 without remaking a set that was just released 2 years ago.

I don't think that we will see any TFA set remakes for a long time.... maybe UCS or D2C sets but for normal priced retail sets I think Disney and Lego will only want to focus on whats upcoming like Rebels, spinoff movies, and the new trilogy. But we'll always see OT and Prequel remakes mixed in with new sets (this summers turbo tank is an example).

Let's keep the focus on the rumors and prospects for 2016 please. You're more than welcome to discuss the shows, just not in here. Thank you.

Do you think Disney's executive will push the director for 8 and 9 to use snowy planet so they can finally get rid of all these unsold Snowspeeder ? :laugh: