Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

For those that want a "new" LEGO T65 X wing, rejoice....

http://screenrant.co...ampaign=SR-FB-P

Not surprising! Probably won't get a set out of it (unless one/some of the group actually flies one at some point); I'd rather have a new Red Squadron akin to the last one, but instead of Red 5/Red 6, it's got Red 2/Red 3 options, with Wedge & Biggs minifigs (and their respective astromechs). :grin:

Hmm. You might be right. But $100 is still ridiculous - I was guessing it'd be $70-80.

100$ sounds like the price we'll pay in France tho

Not surprising! Probably won't get a set out of it (unless one/some of the group actually flies one at some point); I'd rather have a new Red Squadron akin to the last one, but instead of Red 5/Red 6, it's got Red 2/Red 3 options, with Wedge & Biggs minifigs (and their respective astromechs). :grin:

I'm encouraged that it will play a prominent role (thus hopefully resulting in a Lego set in 10 months or so) by the fact that it's quite impressive and detailed movie set model:

74B75429-7C4C-4BA4-B537-EA4211EBB301.png_zpsmijalaam.jpeg

$60 for the tie advanced/a-wing set? Nah, it will definitely be a bit more expensive than that.

Agreed, my guess is 70 - 80 Dollar minimum. But since we havent seen detailed pictures of the builds it could very well be around 800 pieces, and with that 100 Dollars seem possible.

$60 for the tie advanced/a-wing set? Nah, it will definitely be a bit more expensive than that.

That's what I was told. :shrug_oh_well:

Oh no!! Guavian Enforcer/Death Gang Member would be an abysmal choice for May the Fourth... especially for those of us hoping to build a little gang of them. How about a one-off, at least, not something we need five or six of. Let it be the Crimson Corsair!

I too am skeptical of these prelims being legit. With all the material coming out via Rebels and TFA, I can't believe they are freelancing these completely unrelated mysterious ADVENTURES kits.

It's nice how the A-Wing is sporting tail wings at a slight camber.

Have we figured out what the space station is in the background of the first two pics?

Edited by darththeling

I'm still favoring the two sets being from the Aftermath books. The figures seem to be too close a match.

I'm still favoring the two sets being from the Aftermath books. The figures seem to be too close a match.

I am too, but its quite possible the characters will be part of some "Yoda Chronicles/Droid Tales" type of adventure Lego tv series.

I am too, but its quite possible the characters will be part of some "Yoda Chronicles/Droid Tales" type of adventure Lego tv series.

If this new series means that we get characters from the books in LEGO form, I'm all for it! It's going to be interesting to see TLG's take on the characters.

If this new series means that we get characters from the books in LEGO form, I'm all for it! It's going to be interesting to see TLG's take on the characters.

Indeed, I would consider creating some Akiva based mocs. The old droid factory, Temmin's shop etc...

Personally I don't see a book being made into sets...

As a book it was a bit meh anyway (my opinion don't shoot me for it, just felt like it lacked a bit compared to others. It was better than fate of the jedi series and some of the new jedi order but lacked something). If they didn't do it for previous books why start now?

Because of this:

The two new ships are a new property full of ADVENTURES.

So they do not necessarily need to be based on the books. My guess is the sets are based on something new that takes some characters that also appear in the books.

Because of this:

So they do not necessarily need to be based on the books. My guess is the sets are based on something new that takes some characters that also appear in the books.

Yes I was starting to come round to this way of thinking.

Because of this:

You may be right, but I feel it will be a digital platform that they tie into mot a book pitched at adults...

Personally I don't see a book being made into sets...

As a book it was a bit meh anyway (my opinion don't shoot me for it, just felt like it lacked a bit compared to others. It was better than fate of the jedi series and some of the new jedi order but lacked something). If they didn't do it for previous books why start now?

Because the previous books were before the new unified canon. Under Disney's system, all canon, regardless of media—film, print, games, anything—is equal. There were tiers of canon before, with the movies occupying the highest level, Lucasfilm's TV shows below that, books below those, and games last, but now the Story Group oversees all continuity evenly. We got a LEGO set out of the big The Force Unleashed multimedia thing they did a few years ago, where they were pushing the game, and the books, and all the other things at once; all of Star Wars is like that now. Producing physical products of things from books is more difficult, of course, simply because there are no visual references, but those issues aside all Star Wars canon, regardless of form, is now eligible for production.

Because the previous books were before the new unified canon. Under Disney's system, all canon, regardless of media—film, print, games, anything—is equal. There were tiers of canon before, with the movies occupying the highest level, Lucasfilm's TV shows below that, books below those, and games last, but now the Story Group oversees all continuity evenly. We got a LEGO set out of the big The Force Unleashed multimedia thing they did a few years ago, where they were pushing the game, and the books, and all the other things at once; all of Star Wars is like that now. Producing physical products of things from books is more difficult, of course, simply because there are no visual references, but those issues aside all Star Wars canon, regardless of form, is now eligible for production.

Sets have been made of games, not specifically literature.

TFU, TOR and Battlefront are all games with stories to acompany them. They are not the source material.

I digress, my point/opinion was I think it extremely unlikely that Lego would make a set off a novel that children most likely will not have read. They are not going to make a set for AFOLs as a base set...

I'm with Malgus, although there are things in books that have been made everything (aside from the battle pack unnamed vehicles) has had a visual source be it a game, tv show, or movie. and I expect that will remain true.

also keep in mind Disney hasn't said the old EU is gone, its now a Legend, and Legends are just stories that may or may not be true, which is exactly what Disney is using the old EU for. everything has a chance to become canon (obviously the movie has already knocked a lot of the post EP VI stuff down, but not all)

EDIT: I realize we are getting off topic again, lets turn our focus back onto the sets, and not the validity of possible source materials. :classic:

Edited by GallardoLU

Suppose they're based on the Aftermath book, or the characters of that book in a new series......Why Aftermath? Of all the new canon books that one was by far the weakest. (and looking at the ratings on sites as Amazon etc I'm not the only one who thinks so)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Disney really needs to push its own new material to rope in the next generation of Star Wars fans. I think we'll even be seeing fewer and fewer OT sets, despite their popularity in past years, because it makes more sense for Disney to form a new foundation with TFA, Rebels, and any of their new canon formats like books, comic books, and video games.

Disney really needs to push its own new material to rope in the next generation of Star Wars fans. I think we'll even be seeing fewer and fewer OT sets, despite their popularity in past years, because it makes more sense for Disney to form a new foundation with TFA, Rebels, and any of their new canon formats like books, comic books, and video games.

I think the OT and PT movies are still popular enough among children and adults that we will continue to see some of the OT/PT sets. However, I do think we will slowly start to see Lego phase out of making some of the older sets and start making more of the new stuff. As long as there are still AFOL then Lego still has a reason to not completely shy away from making OT sets.

As much as I want to disagree I cannot, I hope they do not abandon OT and PT altogether, although I think its safe to assume we've seen the last Jabba's Palace and Sail Barge we are ever likely to have (luckily they weren't that long ago).

Suppose they're based on the Aftermath book, or the characters of that book in a new series......Why Aftermath? Of all the new canon books that one was by far the weakest. (and looking at the ratings on sites as Amazon etc I'm not the only one who thinks so)

. Yep. That book stunk. I quit 1/2 way through. It was painful. Every word painful.

Any aftermath sets will get passed over for me. Dont waste our time or set number with this mess.

As much as I want to disagree I cannot, I hope they do not abandon OT and PT altogether, although I think its safe to assume we've seen the last Jabba's Palace and Sail Barge we are ever likely to have (luckily they weren't that long ago).

I should have qualified my previous statement by adding that I'm an OT and PT fan all the way and would never want to see them totally drift away, but this comment parallels a lot of how I think about modern sets - what's the chance in this new era of Star Wars that I might see things again? The Falcon? Sure, that'll get made again and again. Jabba's Palace? You're right, that one is done for good.

Disney haven't stopped Marvel sets drawn from a wide variety of sources, so I don't see why they'd stop any Star Wars stuff, OT especially. They're some of the most popular films ever, with a huge amount of merchandise. Disney are no mugs, they're not going to stop that.

I really hope that Podracer rumour wasn't wrong. I sort of got back into the PT because the sound and price of that set made me nostagic for 1999 and my first Star Wars set (and probably in the first twenty Lego sets) ever.