Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I hope the Luminara and Vos are signs we're now going to be getting episode 3 styled jedi. Having missed my favourites - Secura, Mundi and Shaak Ti - it'd be nice to get them in a more movie accurate capacity :3 The sets look good - might even get the X-Wing since I didnt get Poe's one :3

My guess is that Vader will get the same mold from Death Star Final Battle but maybe a new printing to make him "Rebels" unique. It would seem like a waste if they made a whole new mold for him and completely omitted Ahsoka. I do like the TIE Advanced and the A-Wing. They look like they might fit in with the OT versions well enough.

It definitely looks like Sabine in the TIE set to me, if so that's okay on one condition: updated armour & helmet colours. If it's the same minifig as before, disappoint.

Also, I imagine that the CTT has multiples of one of the clones and droids listed, not just one of each minifig. Surely?

Remember the 2013 AT-TE that came with only one Clone Commander? From the looks of it we are getting a clone commander plus a kashyyk scout trooper, which to be fair isn't too bad considering the CTT doesn't has too much open spots to be manned (unlike the Clone Gunship which has 6 and came with a pilot and a captain, ugh ) and there is a battle pack available for it.

And yeah, sabine really needs a major overhaul ( Tan skin, does not look like a soccer mom, accurate color scheme ) and she also needs her helmet too.

IIRC Tarkin gets promoted to Grand Moff in the Tarkin novel, which according to wikipedia is set 5 years after Ep III, while rebels starts off at 14 after Ep III

It seems you are, indeed, correct. I must admit that trying to look at those figures and work them out based on appearance and length of names can be misleading. The figures that look like Dengar doesn't have a single word name. Sabine's figure does seem to have a single word name but Sabine has always had 'Wren' with it. Train could also be Captain June Sato as pointed out... he also has blue arms etc so is closer in appearance to that Rebel leader than Tarkin. I think we'll need something a little clearer or further down the line to be firmer on what these are.

One thing worries me about the new Poe set. In this scene of the movie, Poe is seen wearing the jacket that is later worn by Finn. If so, would Lego just give us Finn's torso again but this time with nougat colored hands? If so then it's a pass for me

He has a light brown shirt under the jacket, too dissimilar to Poe's black Stormie undersuit to go unchecked (I've been trying to MOC him!), would be really cheap to reuse the torso. I'm really hoping we get his alternate helmet too,

EP7_IA_38828.jpg

Edited by markw

I hope the Luminara and Vos are signs we're now going to be getting episode 3 styled jedi. Having missed my favourites - Secura, Mundi and Shaak Ti - it'd be nice to get them in a more movie accurate capacity :3 The sets look good - might even get the X-Wing since I didnt get Poe's one :3

It would be nice if we did get more. The new Spider Droid feels like a wasted opportunity to include some other Jedi.

For some reason, the new X-wing pic looks extremely blurry over here http://i.imgur.com/MxNYmD6.jpg from this site http://imgur.com/a/6yrt2

That's because it's been massively enlarged. If the resolution isn't there in the image to begin with it won't take any kind of enlargement and will just blur and get visual artefacts on it.

Edited by Robianco

One thing worries me about the new Poe set. In this scene of the movie, Poe is seen wearing the jacket that is later worn by Finn. If so, would Lego just give us Finn's torso again but this time with nougat colored hands? If so then it's a pass for me

Knowing Lego I'm sure they'll do something like that.Either way it's a pass for me I'd rather buy the turbo tank.

Sabine's figure does seem to have a single word name but Sabine has always had 'Wren' with it.

That's right! And you know whom Lego described just by first name on boxes?... Ahsoka. For some reason they almost never put "Ahsoka Tano" on the box (only one exception: 75013). So maybe it is actually Ahsoka in this set and Sabine's image is just a placeholder?..

Edited by Vodnik

guys plz quit posting prelims (blurry and/or small pics and/or watermarks) all it doing is making you one step closer to getting the boot. i suggest editing your comments to remove the link, same with those who quotes the links.

check this video out. he lists up 2016 sets (including the ones showing in the prelims) before the prelims leaked. any chance we'll get the other sets as well??

check this video out. he lists up 2016 sets (including the ones showing in the prelims) before the prelims leaked. any chance we'll get the other sets as well??

not sure I trust that video, perhaps set names are correct and pricing is relatively close. but many of those images were mocs by various people including Marcus's AT-AT base, which the video poster claims as his own.

On the Aftermath train of thought- Dengar did appear in Aftermath, in one of the interlude chapters. These sets may also tie into the second Aftermath book, Life Debt, which is coming out in the summer, which would be concurrent with these sets. Perhaps Dengar will make a return appearance? Also, Life Debt appears to deal with Han and Chewie, so even more reason to see a bounty hunter such as Dengar (whose old EU Han Solo hatred may carry over to the new canon) in the book?

Also, we kinda sorta already have an Aftermath set, since Snap from the Force Awakens is apparently Temmin (according to the Visual Dictionary).

Also: love that X-Wing! Better colors, and the for ward wings now have the correct straight leading edge.

Edited by Junior Shark

The X-Wing looks great! I can't quite tell what the tan blob at the front is, it looks too small to be a hut. I can't wait for some better pictures. :moar: 442 pieces doesn't seem quite right though, considering Poe's had 717. :look:

The Turbo Tank looks pretty good, but I have the CW one and it looks too similar to justify a second purchase.

442 pieces doesn't seem quite right though, considering Poe's had 717. :look:

442 is just the default, it looks like all a couple of those sets have 442 pieces.

Also, seems a bit strange that the A-Wing wouldn't have any sort of shooters, whether they be spring or stud.

Edited by Junior Shark

If lego designs their own sw ships (like yoda chronicles) why not throw in some characters we still need, like cantina aliens. Ponda baba for instance.

There are no new OT sets this summer?

If lego designs their own sw ships (like yoda chronicles) why not throw in some characters we still need, like cantina aliens. Ponda baba for instance.

There are no new OT sets this summer?

Not that I know of.

Too bad we're getting yet another batch of battle droids in the CTT... Seriously, how many do they think we need? :grin: They're cannon fodder alright, but that's a bit much still (I own at least 120 myself, without ever buying multiple copies of the same sets) :tongue: Luckily, there's Luminara Unduli and Quinlan Vos (and an AT-RT driver?) to make up for that :wub: I just hope Luminara finally gets dark brown robes this time around...

not sure I trust that video, perhaps set names are correct and pricing is relatively close. but many of those images were mocs by various people including Marcus's AT-AT base, which the video poster claims as his own.

The video could be legit, the images they used are just there to fill space, they are clearly fan builds not possible future sets, just examples.

442 is just the default, it looks like all a couple of those sets have 442 pieces.

Also, seems a bit strange that the A-Wing wouldn't have any sort of shooters, whether they be spring or stud.

Again these are prelims, thats why they look so dull and lacking in features/details, the final models will be much more attractive.

Too bad we're getting yet another batch of battle droids in the CTT... Seriously, how many do they think we need? :grin: They're cannon fodder alright, but that's a bit much still (I own at least 120 myself, without ever buying multiple copies of the same sets) :tongue: Luckily, there's Luminara Unduli and Quinlan Vos (and an AT-RT driver?) to make up for that :wub: I just hope Luminara finally gets dark brown robes this time around...

Agreed, but if at least one has a little new printing, like a new colour dot and back of the head?

Edited by Brickr

New ships certainly look interesting especially black one, it seems like 20$ set with 2 minifigs. One is certainly Dengar, but other one has Asajj Ventress curved lightsaber . Who can this character be? The second bigger blue ship looks like 50-60$ set. And battle droid imply that it's clone wars based?