Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Hmm... I really hope that is not Dengar.... I don't want the SSD to be reduced to only 2 exclusive parts. Also are you all sure it's Ahsoka in the TIE set? Looks like Sabine is used in the bottom line-up, and I can't read the name.

I'm glad I skipped the TIE Advanced Prototype - Vader's TIE looks fantastic! I'm disappointed that it doesn't come with Ahsoka, though. It'd be a great chance to get her.

If the new X-Wing is just a recolour of the original, I think I'd rather get Poe's instead. I like the black and orange better. I was hoping that the new one would fix the nose and the offset wings!

EDIT: Seems one of the minifigs in one of the two the "new property" set has a red lightsaber. Interesting to see what it'll be!

Edited by Lockon Stratos

It definitely looks like Sabine in the TIE set to me, if so that's okay on one condition: updated armour & helmet colours. If it's the same minifig as before, disappoint.

Also, I imagine that the CTT has multiples of one of the clones and droids listed, not just one of each minifig. Surely?

Hey Gang!

Does anyone know when we're likely going to find out who/what the May 4th Promotion will be?

I just got a $100 giftcard for my birthday, so I may hold off on getting something until then if I like the promo.

I managed to enlarge the boxes a bit and I'm hoping the 4th figure in the Tie Advanced vs A-WING set is none other than Grand Moff Tarkin as his name seems to be three words long. It would be interesting to see if there are any updates to the Darth figure to make it more "Rebels" too.

I managed to enlarge the boxes a bit and I'm hoping the 4th figure in the Tie Advanced vs A-WING set is none other than Grand Moff Tarkin as his name seems to be three words long. It would be interesting to see if there are any updates to the Darth figure to make it more "Rebels" too.

Maybe I'm influenced by your post, but the three words do resemble the shape of "Grand Moff Tarkin"! It'd be great to get him.

I doubt Vader would be updated for Rebels; his new mold works fine.

Just2Good/CM4SCI, are you sure that the Hammerhead is a in-house property? Because the figures scream Aftermath (battle droid Mr Bones, the Wexley mom and child).

Just2Good/CM4SCI, are you sure that the Hammerhead is a in-house property? Because the figures scream Aftermath (battle droid Mr Bones, the Wexley mom and child).

I'm also believing this albeit it's new for lego to base something off a book.

Yeah I've not read the book that this sounds like the most believable explanation so far and all the figures seem to fit too. Would make sense for the black ship to be an antagonist from the same era?

Edited by markw

I am interested in the blue ship and the black ship as they don't look like something that well known in the Star Wars universe.

What's up with the design of the new sets? I don't think I ever see the Hammerhead or the black ship ship in any of the Star Wars stories like KOTOR, Rebels, TCW or anything. Vader's TIE Advance looks awesome as well!

I thought the exact same thing! Although I cant place the ship.... The ship on which Norra arrives on Akiva, called Moth, is an undetermined MK class Correlian freighter... And the ship at the end is that Bounty Hunter ship from Clone Wars, we already got a set from that one...

Also, Hammerhead ships I only know from the Old Republic. And with all that no longer being canon I doubt Lego would still make a set based on that era...

Wouldn't Tarkin be 'Governor' rather than 'Grand Moff' at the time of Rebels? A figure would've great but it would need at least the Dr Who hairpiece to make it worthwhile.

FInally the blue X-Wing! And now I can start to save some money for it, since I allready bought most of the SW sets that I wanted from the winter wave. I assume the price will be similar as the current one, right?

I am interested in the blue ship and the black ship as they don't look like something that well known in the Star Wars universe.

I'm actually quite happy we're getting new ship designs as sets. Some of the TFA sets were great, but unfortunately many of the designs were bland and unoriginal in both colour and design. I for one am very happy with these new designs and look forward to seeing the finalised sets.

A wing vs tie - vader, sabine, a wing pilot(phonex leader) and comander june sato, since he is in tan uniform with bluish sleves and hair is gray just like in rebels series, so no its not imperial officer for shure.

FInally the blue X-Wing! And now I can start to save some money for it, since I allready bought most of the SW sets that I wanted from the winter wave. I assume the price will be similar as the current one, right?

I'm hoping it'd be cheaper, given that it's not riding on the TFA hype, hence Lego might not price it as ridiculously as the first wave of TFA sets.

If it's cheaper and improves on the existing Poe set, I'll get it. If not, I vastly prefer the colour scheme of Poe's.

Wouldn't Tarkin be 'Governor' rather than 'Grand Moff' at the time of Rebels? A figure would've great but it would need at least the Dr Who hairpiece to make it worthwhile.

IIRC Tarkin gets promoted to Grand Moff in the Tarkin novel, which according to wikipedia is set 5 years after Ep III, while rebels starts off at 14 after Ep III

So nobody knows what 2 unknown new ships are based on? I doubt it's new Yodas Chronicles style show. Aftermath like some people are suggesting makes more sense. Not interested in Clone Tank. Vaders Tie Advanced vs A-Wing looks cool, but 4 minifigs and no Ahsoka in 100$ set?! Seriously Lego? I would be fine if this set had 4 minifigs but with Ahsoka instead of generic A-wing pilot, and new and updated Sabine. Also no Inquisitors in any of new sets? Lego really dissapointed me, but new ships look intriguing at least.

I wonder if that phase two clone trooper on the Turbo Tank is Commander Green or a simple trooper.

I would love it to be Gree but I doubt it will be because we already have two named rare Jedi's in the set. I just can't see them putting another rare character like Gree in it.

Edited by Legoman123

I'm hoping it'd be cheaper, given that it's not riding on the TFA hype, hence Lego might not price it as ridiculously as the first wave of TFA sets.

If it's cheaper and improves on the existing Poe set, I'll get it. If not, I vastly prefer the colour scheme of Poe's.

Yeah, I hope so to, but I will still get, because of the color-scheme and because I didnt get Poes.

One thing worries me about the new Poe set. In this scene of the movie, Poe is seen wearing the jacket that is later worn by Finn. If so, would Lego just give us Finn's torso again but this time with nougat colored hands? If so then it's a pass for me