Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Ok this is disappointing. The "new" CTT just looks like the old ones.... Where is the improvement? Especially the front of the upper body is still as inaccurate as before (in my opinion)...

Seeing those prelim pictures, the Resistance X-Wing looks most interesting now.

Ok this is disappointing. The "new" CTT just looks like the old ones.... Where is the improvement? Especially the front of the upper body is still as inaccurate as before (in my opinion)...

Yeah the frontal underside seems pretty lacking. I will definitly skip this one but only because it barely has any screen time and the overall design of the vehicle is just meh.

Although it is close to the final product, it's still only preliminary photos. I wouldn't pass judgement until toy fair!

It looks as if this crappy part is used for the weels of the Turbo Tank... Well at least it fits a bit :wink:

Other than that, i like the Tie & A-wing set, but i'm with everyone there. Wish the A-wing is grey though.

Like to see a pick of Rex' AT-TE, although i will probalbly not buy it.

BTW, anyone willing to explain why all Rebels' Imperial Officers are dark tan? Does that mean they will be like that in normal OT sets too?

Edited by TWP

Still can't believe we're actually, finally, getting some serious T&A from LEGO...woot woot!

Thank you, I'm here all week, try the veal!

The little ship that looks like it has Dengar appears to have Barris Offee as the other minifig (red sabre, blue hood). Could be Ventress?

Pretty happy with the new X-Wing. The colours look good and it'll be good to have Resistance Poe and Lor San Tekka to add to the collection.

The Turbo Tank looks a little similar to the last version, but I like the bulkier look of the turret and return of the command tower. The olive green on the AT-RT looks good but I'm not too sure on the build yet. Looks a bit blocky between the legs and the head. Hopefully we get a proper AT-RT Driver with it and its good to have non-CW versions of Luminara and Quinlan Vos.

The A-Wing vs TIE Fighter is my favourite of the wave. Vader's TIE in particular looks to be a fantastic upgrade. I'm curious who the officer could be though - the text underneath suggests it will be a named character.

Edited by wesker

Not presently excited for the Hammerhead and whatever that black ship is. I'll save judgement until we get better pictures. CTT looks decent enough, but seems woefully understaffed as far as clones is concerned. One for the AT-RT and one for the tank itself? Yikes. The TIE/A-Wing set is a pretty nice gift for Rebels fans, and OT fans can sell Sabine on BL if they don't appreciate Rebels.

One thing I'm wondering about is where the heck is Ahsoka? She'd make a lot more sense in the A-Wing than Sabine, IIRC. What other Rebels set would she be in unless the rumors for a good sized wave of Rebels sets is going to come true? I've got my fingers crossed for a certain CR-90. :wink:

What are the Hammerhead and XXX from?

Why is the rebels version of Ahsoka not in the A-wing and TIE fighter set?

New thing from LEGO like Yoda Chronicles.

Pretty happy with the new X-Wing. The colours look good and it'll be good to have Resistance Poe and Lor San Tekka to add to the collection.

I know right? The normal grey/white and blue looks much more crisper and fitting to me than the black and orange. In my opinion the X-Wing just doesnt work with those "extreme", almost comical colours.

Might even picking that one up, especially since we get a normal Poe as well as a Flametrooper, just sad if they are not going to include a normal Stormtrooper as well.

On the basis that we got a total nothing fig Unkar's Thug with Reys speeder, are we sure that's Lor San Tekka and not 'Jakku Villager #1'? ;)

I actually like the Unkar's Thug minifigure...

It looks as if this crappy part is used for the weels of the Turbo Tank... Well at least it fits a bit :wink:

Other than that, i like the Tie & A-wing set, but i'm with everyone there. Wish the A-wing is grey though.

Like to see a pick of Rex' AT-TE, although i will probalbly not buy it.

BTW, anyone willing to explain why all Rebels' Imperial Officers are dark tan? Does that mean they will be like that in normal OT sets too?

Most of these sets cover are quite placeholders; as for the dark tan officers, Rebels feature officers with a grey-ish beige depending of the lighting: personally I quite like it but some diversity never hurts.

This might be wishful thinking, but I think that the Resistance X-Wing is a literal re-coloring of the Poe's X-Wing image strictly for the preliminary box art and we will get a variation on the build and not just a variation on the color of the build.

These all look intriguing. Going to be an expensive summer (thankfully nothing I'd need to pick up multiples of)! Didn't pick up the last CTT (I was still in my dark ages when it was out, and they've been too expensive to pick up since) so I'm pleased they've brought this out. I was kinda hoping for a blue A-Wing though... and where is Ahsoka?

This might be wishful thinking, but I think that the Resistance X-Wing is a literal re-coloring of the Poe's X-Wing image strictly for the preliminary box art and we will get a variation on the build and not just a variation on the color of the build.

It's quite possible, most of these concepts seems placeholders for the most part and taken right off the 3D renders. I really wish the nose part could be more accurate to the movie's version. Still, we are getting freacking Max Von Sydow in lego form, how awesome is that? :classic:

The little ship that looks like it has Dengar appears to have Barris Offee as the other minifig (red sabre, blue hood). Could be Ventress?

But what if the figure that could be Dengar is actually Ventress with her mask? This would probably make the other figure Count Dooku and it could come find the book, the Dark Disciple. I'm not sure what the ship is though.