Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Is that a battle droid in the large set?

ETA: It would appear that it could be Mr. Bones.

Edited by Tim_AZ

The Hammerhead is supposedly from the Knights of the Old Republic.

I can't quite tell, but is that Captain Rex in the A-Wing vs. Tie Fighter?

I'm getting Darth Vader and Sabine, I can't make out the other two.

Number three is A-Wing Pilot, and number four appears to be an Imperial Officer of some sort wearing a tan uniform :wink:

Someone on a FB group says the blue and grey one is from Aftermath? Between EP6&7?

The two are a new property, and I believe it's an inhouse thing like the Yoda Chronicals. :sweet:

Can someone identify the first two ships? Unless they were invented by TLG themselves like the Yoda Chronicles sets :laugh:

Although TLG inventions (Yoda Chronicles etc) often produce some good generic minifigures (I'm looking at you, Rusty!), I hope the mystery ships are actually from some as-of-yet-unseen canon material - there's plenty of "real" ships/locations/scenes that could do with being made!

The two are a new property, and I believe it's an inhouse thing like the Yoda Chronicals. :sweet:

Oh okay, That makes sense!

The X wing 75149 does indeed look like a recolored Poe X wing.

I'm impressed with the A wing in 75150, Lego has finally come up with thin and inward canted vertical stabilizers

Alright, here's a shot in the dark on the Hammerhead. It looks like we are getting a battle droid in the minifig line-up. What if the battle droid is Mr. Bones from Aftermath? Admittedly, the battle droid is probably a placeholder, and this is a Rebels set from an episode that we haven't seen yet or this is a ship from the Clone Wars that I don't recognize, but it's fun to speculate.

That is what I thought, with one of the other figures being Nora, Temmen (would be good to have the younger version to go with the older version we recently got) and don't know who the other one would be.

Regarding May 4 promotion, I don't think we will get Ep7 Luke. Lego knows fans will pay good money for his minifig, and will most likely save him till 2017 Ep 8 sets( his clothes will probably be the same), or best case scenario like someone said above , some kind of set based on final scene in TFA, I could definitely see it being 20-30$. So either Chrome Phasma or Guvian Death Gang member as May 4 promo will be our best bet.

Why not Sidon Ithano for May the 4th? He's certainly more unique than Guavian Death Gang.

Lego has never made any sets (Star Wars or other wise) based exclusively on a book. I would be shocked if Lego based these sets on Aftermath especially since we have no word on any other merchandise based on the book. And from what little I've heard, Aftermath is not necessarily a book for children either. Chances are these are based on a Lego in-house project like TYC or perhaps things we have yet to see in Rebels.

Who are the two Jedi in the CTT? Luminara is obviously one of them, is the other one Quinlan Vos?

Also, is the white figure just a regular clone?

Other than that, the TIE Advanced looks fantastic.

Edited by Gremer

I'm getting Darth Vader and Sabine, I can't make out the other two.

Overall, I'm very impressed with these sets, the Clone Turbo Tank had a good minifigure line up and a sturdy build. I'm liking that Hammerhead design.

I'm pretty sure the other 2 figures are an imperial tan officer with a regular A-Wing pilot.

And is that me or Gree actually in the Turbo Tank?

And that guy included in the red and black ship awefully looks like dengar :wub:

Edited by RetroInferno

That is what I thought, with one of the other figures being Nora, Temmen (would be good to have the younger version to go with the older version we recently got) and don't know who the other one would be.

From the first book, Sinjir might make the most sense, but i don't recall a ship of this description appearing in Aftermath, so it might be any character from part 2 or 3.

Lego has never made any sets (Star Wars or other wise) based exclusively on a book. I would be shocked if Lego based these sets on Aftermath especially since we have no word on any other merchandise based on the book. And from what little I've heard, Aftermath is not necessarily a book for children either. Chances are these are based on a Lego in-house project like TYC or perhaps things we have yet to see in Rebels.

This is, of course, the more likely possibility.

"Figs are Temmin and Norra Wexley, Mr. Bones (droid) and pilot of this ship"

From FB group. Also the figs with the black ship may be Dengar and Mercurial Swift from the same book?

The Hammerhead is supposedly from the Knights of the Old Republic.

Darn! Please do some research before posting something like this next time... this post got me really excited until I saw the actual picture for myself and found out the set had nothing to do with KOTOR at all, all bummed out...

Either way, I'm gonna guess and say both the Hammerhead and the black ship are Rogue One sets. I've heard a description of a scene from Rogue One, which involves

two bounty hunters on a desert planet.

No idea about the Hammerhead to be sure, but a part of the plot, as it's about a group of rebels stealing the Death Star plans, might feature Geonosis, because of the fact Geonosian scientists helped with the creation of the Death Star.

The droid looks like a Geonosian battle droid, which might be one of the remaining battle droids that are now being used as a bodyguard by someone on Geonosis (or something other than a bodyguard), and the other minifigures

don't look familiar to me and their outfits just look a bit like the outfits worn by the group of rebels in Rogue One.

If none of the above, then it might be from Aftermath as suggested by some others, however odd it may be to get not one, but two sets based entirely off of a book.

Dengar was in the book, along with another bounty hunter, although... there are some obvious placeholders for the figures in both the box art and the minifig boxes, and "Dengar"'s name is rather long under the figure.

There aren't that many bounty hunter LEGO figures with Dengar's type of look - even though there really should be - so his figure could be just a placeholder for one from Rogue One.

Edited by General Magma

Ok, where to start...

What the hell are 75145 and 75147?! I'm open to new vehicles but based on the low quality images these look like nothing you'd see in Star Wars. They look like something from a Marvel comic. Not too excited yet.

I don't care too much about the Turbo Tank and as an OT-fan I'm just a tiny bit dissapointed about A-wing vs. TIE Advanced. I might get it for the TIE and sell the Rebels stuff.

However, I'm excited about the X-wing. I didn't like the black and orange on the previous version, so I'm happy they're releasing a new one.

I'm hoping for 1 or 2 OT sets in the summer wave. I know we've got a bunch of great OT sets in the past waves, but there's still room for more (AT-ST, Yoda's hut on Dagobah, Bespin, TIE Interceptor/Bomber, TESB final duel).