Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Maybe I'm wrong then - I thought filming for Episode VIII hadn't begun (except for a couple plate shots on Skellig Michael).

I think John Boyaga said they had either started or were starting very soon (like less than a month)

The X-Wing looks great, but as someone who owns Poe's X-Wing, I'm disappointed. Another Poe and BB-8 in the same set and a basic recolor is just too similar to me. Lor San Tekka and another Flametrooper will be great though, and I like that they added in some sort of structure.

If I look closely at the blurry 75149 pic (by the way, there are a few other similar pics on Instagram that are just a tiny bit sharper) I see differences, namely in how the upper wings connect to the engines compared to the current version...

Just saw TFA for the second time last night, and this new set seems like a much better investment than Poe's X-Wing.

This set's based on the opening scene and much more iconic than Poe's x-wing which you can barely make out unless you're looking for it

Still want both, though.

I'm quite curious on how Lego will render Max Von Sydow in Lego form :classic:

Overall I'm more pleased with this set with the mini-figs selection than the previous Poe's X-wing, Lor San Tekka, BB-8, Resistance Poe ( I guess ) and a Flametrooper is a nice selection IMO.

It's too early to judge the build at this point, I just hope it's not a simple color swap.

On the basis that we got a total nothing fig Unkar's Thug with Reys speeder, are we sure that's Lor San Tekka and not 'Jakku Villager #1'? ;)

On the basis that we got a total nothing fig Unkar's Thug with Reys speeder, are we sure that's Lor San Tekka and not 'Jakku Villager #1'? ;)

A simple Jakku Villager or Resistance fighter would be pretty lame, I would be honestly surprised if this set doesn't come with San Tekka.

hopefully now we il start to see more set images. Looks like the majority of the civil war sets have also leaked

Didn't you hear? We're supposed to get Luke in the

Luke's Jedi Island set. Comes with Irish stone huts, stone stairs, stone walls, stones, grass, plus Luke, Rey, and a discount Millenium falcon.

I'll wait for the stone step microfighter with Luke. I hear it looks like a Star Wars speeder version of the stair car from Arrested Development.

Edited by Backgild

I will be more apt to buy this than I am Poe's X-Wing. Just wish Pav and Asty were in it. Then again, having Lor San Teka is pretty cool. Detonate buy for me!

I was lucky enough to find/save prelim images of 5 of the summer sets... Not sure if they're official or what, but the new X-Wing (most of us have seen), Turbo Tank, A-wing/TIE Advance and 2 ships I have never seen before. I'm not sure if they're from a game (Battlefront), EU or Rogue One sets???

I'm very excited for the A-wing/TIE Advance although only 4 minifigs (look to be dummy but one is Vader) and no other build, so that price had better come down if it's just the 2 ships. Green color on the A-wing very similar to old A-wing but new rear, TIE advance looks like it could be OT.

Turbo Tank shows 6 minifigs, AT-RT walker is included, Luminara, Quinlan, AT-RT driver, Clone of some sort and 2 Battle Droids. Looks like the old TT build.

The other 2 ships...

First is black with red, semi circular w/center cockpit in the back with small wings on the back/top of cockpit 2 circular side engines. Comes with a mini speeder bike and 2 minifigs. One looks like a Sith, the other a bounty hunter?

The other is a larger ship... not sure how to describe it. Bigger than the black ship. Grey with blue highlights, not sure how to describe it. Has 4 minifigs.

I'm sure some of you will find these and can maybe further elaborate...?

*edit*

Wonkeye1 beat me to it, lol

Edited by atreyu2112

Could be a placeholder, but one of the minifigures with the smaller black ship looks an awful lot like Dengar!!! Both the smaller black ship and the "Hammerhead" seem to have the same space station background - mybe from the second half of Rebels S2 - surely it'd be too early for Rogue One sets? Also, again they're probably prelim placeholders, but none of the figures with the TIE advance look like Ahsoka and it doesn't look like that's what the names say either.

Could be a placeholder, but one of the minifigures with the smaller black ship looks an awful lot like Dengar!!! Both the smaller black ship and the "Hammerhead" seem to have the same space station background - mybe from the second half of Rebels S2 - surely it'd be too early for Rogue One sets? Also, again they're probably prelim placeholders, but none of the figures with the TIE advance look like Ahsoka and it doesn't look like that's what the names say either.

I'm positive Rogue One will be another Force Friday thing, might be too early for names/numbers.

I'm getting Darth Vader and Sabine, I can't make out the other two.

Overall, I'm very impressed with these sets, the Clone Turbo Tank had a good minifigure line up and a sturdy build. I'm liking that Hammerhead design.

Edited by Tariq j