Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

It's precisely this kind of indifference (by Disney) that is so frustrating to me.

It's reason enough for me to entirely disregard the new "official" canon. For me it's official until Disney and I couldn't care less about what Disney is doing now. Alone the fact that we probably won't get another Slave Leia ever from Lego (or Hasbro or whoever) is just so very beyond my capacity for rational thought.

It's reason enough for me to entirely disregard the new "official" canon. For me it's official until Disney and I couldn't care less about what Disney is doing now. Alone the fact that we probably won't get another Slave Leia ever from Lego (or Hasbro or whoever) is just so very beyond my capacity for rational thought.

Why would we need her again? They don't need to keep remaking his sail barge. And can we PLEASE stop talking about cannon/A-wing/whether we dislike Disney and SW rebels or not? It's getting really hard to figure out what's going on.

So...back on topic for the year, is there any word on what the exclusive minifig in this summer's book will be? (What's it called, Chronicles of the Force?) I wonder if it'll be an Old Luke, who hasn't shown up in any sets yet.

So...back on topic for the year, is there any word on what the exclusive minifig in this summer's book will be? (What's it called, Chronicles of the Force?) I wonder if it'll be an Old Luke, who hasn't shown up in any sets yet.

Nah, it won't be Luke. But I do expect a rebels character.

Yeah, there was no NEED to mess with the continuity. There are plenty of other ships that could have been used in place of A-Wings. It's precisely this kind of indifference (by Disney) that is so frustrating to me.

I would probably prefer that most of these new sets are Rebels over OT in hopes that we could get some new characters and races.

Meanwhile, people complained that TFA didn't have enough updated of classic ships...

The R-22 Arrowhead was already part of old cannon, so I really don't see the issue with the A-wing in Rebels, or how that's enough to dismiss the new cannon entirely. The history of the Y-wing had to be retconned after its appearance in TCW, I don't see people ignoring that series because of it.

Back on topic, I'm extremely excited at the prospect of the TIE Advanced vs A-Wing. My first set was the TIE vs Y-Wing, so this would be a nice tribute to that IMO. Plus I don't know how anyone can complain about more A-wings. Heck, I had hoped it was a standalone set so I could get a bunch.

20151226_150035.jpg

Nah, it won't be Luke. But I do expect a rebels character.

How can you be so sure? Do you know when Luke would be coming.

Which is completely wrong because the Rebellion didn't add A-Wings OR B-Wings to their fleet until after a New Hope, which is why we don't see them on Yavin. You'd think Disney would at least respect the continuity of the OT, but apparently not.

Are you sure??? In ANH on the Death Star, Tagge states that the Rebel Alliance is "too well equipped". Motti says "perhaps for your star fleet, Commander, not for this battle station". The Rebels have literally 30 or so starfighters at the Battle of Yavin (no capital ships), which does not seem to equal "well equipped" in my mind. Its clearly referenced by the chat on the Death Star that the Rebels have significantly more space ship resources. Why can't those be A-wings/B-wings/etc?

Anyway, to keep on topic, what can we expect in Fall 2016 with Lego Star Wars?

What i would like in the new clone turbo tank:

•Ep 3 more "realistic" rough design

• kashyyk troopers

• commander gree?

• yoda

• some wookies and droids

• some secondary vehicle thats fited inside the tank, maybe some walker?

• kashyyk troopers

• commander gree?

• yoda

I doubt yoda as he is with the spider droid now.

Probably get a BARC speeder. Can't imagine a walker that was seen on Selucami.

It will have a couple of clones. Perhaps we can get a Kashyyk clone driver (not sure if one exists, but someonehas to drive it right?) A jedi, droids, possibly generic wookie.

I'm thinking Luminara and Bariss Offee.

That'd be best case scenario for me, an updated Lumerina would be fantastic. My dream idea would be for the inclusion of Quinlan Vos, he was meant to be there, but it's extremely unlikely and Lego would probably include a more recognisable secondary jedi like barris

• kashyyk troopers

• commander gree?

• yoda

Why would we need an other Commander Gree and Yoda will be coming in a Spider Droid set so that will not be happening.

If we really need a commander, it would be Commander Cody, but I don't see him fitting in the CTT.

That'd be best case scenario for me, an updated Lumerina would be fantastic. My dream idea would be for the inclusion of Quinlan Vos, he was meant to be there, but it's extremely unlikely and Lego would probably include a more recognisable secondary jedi like barris

Maybe they can do Luminara and Quinlan Vos since Barris seems to be a sure fit for smaller sets.

Edited by Cyberfounder

Why would we need an other Commander Gree and Yoda will be coming in a Spider Droid set so that will not be happening.

If we really need a commander, it would be Commander Cody, but I don't see him fitting in the CTT.

Maybe they can do Luminara and Quinlan Vos since Barris seems to be a sure fit for smaller sets.

Well, Lego has never really "cared" for what minifigs fit in a set. :tongue: I'm hoping for an updated Luminara and Mace Windu! Cody would be nice. Given the advent of new sub-themes (Rebels, TFA, Rogue One, Ep 8 next year), it's going to be rare for us to get PT-related sets, much less CW-related sets. This would be a great chance for Lego to give us a proper Phase II Cody!

One minifigure I just remembered hasn't been made yet is the AT-RT Driver seen on Kashyyyk after Order 66. Since the last Turbo Tank included an AT-RT that could be folded up inside, maybe they can include another one here with the driver this time?

2a9xu0j.jpg

Yes! I do hope we get a minifig-scale Finalizer in the summer. It'd be another nice way to include Kylo Ren and General Hux.

Black or Dark Bley?

Has anyone else in the UK been on Amazon? I've been looking for some of the new Star Wars sets - namely Battle on Takodana - but they don't appear to be available yet. It seems to be the same for other themes, like Marvel.

I'm a little worried though, as I heard a rumour a while ago that new LEGO was only available on Amazon Prime, which I don't have and can't afford. Is there any truth to this? Or do I just need to wait a few more days for them to be available?

It's not like Amazon to list them late like this.

I have Amazon prime and have access to all of the new sets, although some have already sold out.

Feel free to discuss these new constraction figures in its respective thread

http://www.eurobrick...50#entry2427449

Back on topic, the turbo tank won't be based off of clone wars.

Real original, lego. *eyeroll* Any word on minfigure selection? Because Mace Windu wasn't even there. And as someone said a page back, great chance for Master Luminari.

Excellent news, I'll look for ward to seeing the minifies line up.

Here's a link to a website with a picture of the finalizer polybag set - http://www.thebrickf...g-images-found/

That Death Star II in the background is even lazier than the star destroyers on the box art of obi-wan's Jedi interceptor, what were they thinking?

Kylo ren's shuttle polybag is a massive disappointment, still grey? Still the huge lower wing and no folding out wings (from what can be seen)?

I've noticed that pretty much all of the force awakens sets have huge accuracy problems, whether it be scale, proportions, colour or functionality, even the resistance transport is the wrong colour, and that came out this year!

I do hope that with the Ep VIII sets they can revisit some of the vehicles and improve them.

I think they did a pretty decent job considering the limited info they get, It's obvious that future sets based on Ep VII will be much more accurate.

Haha! Am I the only one who wants an OT TIE Advanced instead of a Rebels one? Hopefully some more OT sets will leak in the coming days including a much needed AT-ST.

No you're not, I'm OT all the way.

To all the people who already complain about the prices.... Guys, we dont know anything specific about the content we get (partcount, minifigs, printed pieces, new molds), so how about we wait at least for pictures to arrive before we talk good/bad prices.

Good point, surely there is enough for us to constructively discuss, it's tiring having to read through so much negativity when we don't even have all the facts yet.

I hope the Anakin podracer for 25$ is the start a new wave of podracers. One released per year like with the Jedi Starfighters.

Can't wait to see the minifigure line up of the CTT and of Echo base.

When is the London toy fair?

I would love if they did a series of pod racers with their respective pilots. Toy fair is 24th-26th Jan.

When do we usually get pictures for the summer wave? NY toy fair?

Can't wait to see! (or read descriptions of anyway)

Yeah might as well delete my S@H account. What's use if major outlets undercut Lego so much from day 1 of availability. No VIP points can make up for this

I've often felt the same way, but you've got to keep it if only for S@H exclusive etc.

I would love that, but highly doubt it, just hoping it is an OT minifig.

• kashyyk troopers

• commander gree?

• yoda

Yes.

It would be nice to see Gree appear in another set. Personally I would hope we get at least two Jedi's in the Turbo Tank as it is an expensive set.

Edited by Legoman123

One minifigure I just remembered hasn't been made yet is the AT-RT Driver seen on Kashyyyk after Order 66. Since the last Turbo Tank included an AT-RT that could be folded up inside, maybe they can include another one here with the driver this time?

2a9xu0j.jpg

I was going to suggest exactly this until I scrolled down and saw your post. the AT-RT driver is one of the few clone types that haven't been produced by Lego yet, along with cdr Bacara, the phase 1 clone pilots, and maybe some others I'm forgetting. This is a perfect opportunity for it to appear, finally. I'll be disappointed if we get repeats of the figures from earlier Kashyyyk sets and nothing interesting. Also hoping for a non-cartoony Quinlan Vos and Luminara Unduli. Some new wookiee variants would be great too. I hope the set isn't padded with unnecessary and unwanted battle droids

Btw i dont know if anyone has said this but Barris would not be on Kaashyyyk! Watch the Clone Wars! Just saying

stole the words out of my mouth

I'd like to submit a guess for the 2016 summer wave based on an article that popped up via a Google search to find out the subject had ever been made in Lego form before:

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-star-wars-bantha-coming-soon/

Would go nicely with the Sandcrawler + new Droid Escape + Mos Eisley Cantina

Its possible, but don't forget there have been hundreds of pieces and new moulds seen on TV but not actually in sets. The Paulan head, Boga, Rako Hardeen's helmet...

Its possible, but don't forget there have been hundreds of pieces and new moulds seen on TV but not actually in sets. The Paulan head, Boga, Rako Hardeen's helmet...

Let's not forget 4-Lom appearing in a Lego short movie too heralding much anticipation...

I was really hoping for a first order star destroyer:(

Didnt see the movie yet, so i dont know if the FO survives TFA, but i expect it to happen eventually, the trade federation MTT was only in Ep I and we had like 3 of those brown monstrosities.