Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I personally am quite excited for the two larger Rebels sets. I feel like the A-Wing/TIE Advanced set has potential to be something cool - think the Home One set but with two Vehicles. LEGO could easily include a small hanger, and a command bridge for Commander Sato. In terms of bad guys, give us one of the Inquisitors, Vader, and a Stormtrooper, then for Rebels, Ahsoka, Sabine, Sato and potentially a Rebel Trooper or two.

I feel as though Rex's AT-TE will include the other Inquisitor as the enemy for the set, alongisde a Stormy or some variants of one. I look forward to the minifigures in this set, and I am exited to see the build, as I feel that this is one of the more unique familiar pieces to pop up in the Rebels TV Series. Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint.

Still hoping that Turbo Tank includes Cody and not Kashyyyk troopers! :wink:

If I am not mistaken, the new inquisitors are coming with the TIE advanced/A-wing set.

I don't think that's a rumour, it's just someone's wishful thinking. Vader, Ahsoksa, and both Inquisitors in one set?! No way. I think Lego would spread out the Inquisitors in different sets, if the TIE Advanced set gets one at all. The new Vader and Ahsoka are desirable enough.

Which is completely wrong because the Rebellion didn't add A-Wings OR B-Wings to their fleet until after a New Hope, which is why we don't see them on Yavin. You'd think Disney would at least respect the continuity of the OT, but apparently not.

The EU was set aside (which had nothing to do with Disney; George never considered it canon, and he was writing up treatments for VII-IX--to be made without him in charge--before the sale to Disney, so the EU was already on its way out), and the only reason the EU said that the A-wing and B-wing were developed after ANH was because they didn't appear in the films until ROTJ. Which is a real-world excuse. The new canon makes it abundantly clear that there were more Rebel ships than what we saw at Yavin in ANH--the X-wings and Y-wings there were simply the only ships on-hand in time for the battle, other fighters & capital ships were off on other missions around the galaxy.

Having A-wings in the Phoenix Squadron cell years before ANH isn't a problem with continuity at all, nor is a prototype B-wing appearing 4 years before ANH.

One explanation ive read for this is that the factions in Rebels and ANH are different groups, which join forces somewhere before ROTJ, the ROTJ fleet is substantially bigger etc...

It's more that the Rebel Alliance doesn't exist at the time of Rebels; there are various rebel cells around the galaxy, only loosely affiliated and only starting to come together. By ANH, they've all merged, but still operate in separate 'fleets'; Tarkin thought, wrongly, that destroying Yavin would destroy the Alliance. It would've set 'em back, but really we only see, what, a few dozen fighters? Maybe? That's not enough to fight a galactic rebellion. The rest of the rebels were offsite, conducting raids or other operations elsewhere.

Back to the sets... I don't recall Sabine flying an A-wing, but remember her in the gunner pod on the B-wing prototype. Ahsoka definitely took an A-wing on a mission, tho... while $100 seems awfully pricey for a $40 ship plus a $20-25 ship without any other build involved, it'd be pretty nice to get both ships! (hopefully the minifigs aside from Vader & Ahsoka will be nice... a gray-tunicked Imp officer, maybe, since the dark-tan uniforms were really only due to the lighting in some shots in the pilot; a Phoenix Squadron pilot or two would be terrific; no TIE pilot--nobody else needs to fly Vader's ride; maybe throw in Zeb? Commander Sato? A couple Rebel troopers with the concept-art helmets?)

Edited by Venkefedo

I think a few of the "facts" regarding any TIE, A-Wing and minifigs included are from speculation or wishlists that have come around again. And those fake lists perhaps?

chuffed

Turns out it actually means both, but I've never heard it in the negative way myself. You probably got confused with "miffed"? That's what I would be if I missed that kind of price.

I don't think that's a rumour, it's just someone's wishful thinking. Vader, Ahsoksa, and both Inquisitors in one set?! No way. I think Lego would spread out the Inquisitors in different sets, if the TIE Advanced set gets one at all. The new Vader and Ahsoka are desirable enough.

Yeah, Inquisitors are probably not included there. Still, probably the most mysterious set announced so far, build and mini-figs wise. I just wish the inquisitors are not randomly included in Rex's AT-TE ( I hate this vehicle ).

The EU was set aside (which had nothing to do with Disney; George never considered it canon, and he was writing up treatments for VII-IX--to be made without him in charge--before the sale to Disney, so the EU was already on its way out), and the only reason the EU said that the A-wing and B-wing were developed after ANH was because they didn't appear in the films until ROTJ. Which is a real-world excuse. The new canon makes it abundantly clear that there were more Rebel ships than what we saw at Yavin in ANH--the X-wings and Y-wings there were simply the only ships on-hand in time for the battle, other fighters & capital ships were off on other missions around the galaxy.

Having A-wings in the Phoenix Squadron cell years before ANH isn't a problem with continuity at all, nor is a prototype B-wing appearing 4 years before ANH.

It's more that the Rebel Alliance doesn't exist at the time of Rebels; there are various rebel cells around the galaxy, only loosely affiliated and only starting to come together. By ANH, they've all merged, but still operate in separate 'fleets'; Tarkin thought, wrongly, that destroying Yavin would destroy the Alliance. It would've set 'em back, but really we only see, what, a few dozen fighters? Maybe? That's not enough to fight a galactic rebellion. The rest of the rebels were offsite, conducting raids or other operations elsewhere.

Back to the sets... I don't recall Sabine flying an A-wing, but remember her in the gunner pod on the B-wing prototype. Ahsoka definitely took an A-wing on a mission, tho... while $100 seems awfully pricey for a $40 ship plus a $20-25 ship without any other build involved, it'd be pretty nice to get both ships! (hopefully the minifigs aside from Vader & Ahsoka will be nice... a gray-tunicked Imp officer, maybe, since the dark-tan uniforms were really only due to the lighting in some shots in the pilot; a Phoenix Squadron pilot or two would be terrific; no TIE pilot--nobody else needs to fly Vader's ride; maybe throw in Zeb? Commander Sato? A couple Rebel troopers with the concept-art helmets?)

I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like the galactic space battle or whatever they called the set with the vulture droids and Anakin/Obi-Wan Jedi interceptor. That was priced relatively high and had three maybe four ships in it. This time around to hit that price point they could do an Advanced, TIE, and A wing for $120. It seems unlikely considering how expensive the sets have become, the TIE Advance we have to assume is $40 alone, $30 A wing and who knows what else. Final $30 for a couple exclusive figs I guess.

Edited by Cpt. Dan

Reading this thread, it's so hard to keep up with all of what is actually going on...

Is there a date/event when things like UCS sets will be confirmed and given release dates?

The preview for the next Rebels episode shows both Hera and Sabine in A-wings, which seem to have custom paint that set them apart from the rest of Phoenix Squadron. Suggests that Sabine and Hera have been fully implemented into the squadron, and given their own A-wings. Though I'd bet that the set's based off the scene in the first S2 episode, so that doesn't really make much difference. Hopefully we either get two A-wings, or just the one and a little build representing the bridge of Phoenix Home.

Reading this thread, it's so hard to keep up with all of what is actually going on...

Is there a date/event when things like UCS sets will be confirmed and given release dates?

Lego has an history of releasing 2 waves minimum of Star Wars sets per year; usually in January and June. (Summer and Winter). UCS and the like are mostly released in the summer wave.

On a side note, I'm curious about the new UCS models and "Death star" the most.

May and September seem to be the most common Star Wars UCS release dates. That said, Lego has released some as early as January (Slave One) and some as late as November (B-Wing)

Yes, but a kid who collects these sets probably wouldn't know that the A-Wing was developed in response to the speed of the TIE Fighter. Disney changing the continuity slightly isn't disrespecting OT, they own the franchise now, so they can change things if they need.

And actually, there was the R-22 Spearhead which was developed before the Battle of Yavin so...

Yeah, there was no NEED to mess with the continuity. There are plenty of other ships that could have been used in place of A-Wings. It's precisely this kind of indifference (by Disney) that is so frustrating to me.

I would probably prefer that most of these new sets are Rebels over OT in hopes that we could get some new characters and races.

Yeah, there was no NEED to mess with the continuity. There are plenty of other ships that could have been used in place of A-Wings. It's precisely this kind of indifference (by Disney) that is so frustrating to me.

I would probably prefer that most of these new sets are Rebels over OT in hopes that we could get some new characters and races.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R-22_Spearhead

Rebels is far from the first. The old canon had A-wings before the battle of Yavin as well. The new canon even states that the A-wings seen during Endor are upgraded versions of those used earlier in the war (exactly like the old canon). They're actually following the old canon pretty closely here.

Is there usually an event or something along those lines where we get to see/confirm these sets. And if so what is the date of that event?

Is there usually an event or something along those lines where we get to see/confirm these sets. And if so what is the date of that event?

London toy fair (although there's no pictures allowed, we'll be told details) is on Jan. 24-26

Nuremberg toy fair allows pictures and is on Jan. 27-Feb. 1

Then there's New York toy fair, that's on Feb. 13-16

Nuremberg toy fair allows pictures and is on Jan. 27-Feb. 1

That might not be the case, in last couple years its been sketchy.

That might not be the case, in last couple years its been sketchy.

We'll get more detailed descriptions at Nuremberg than London for sure. Pictures at Nuremberg are a maybe. But yeah, just hold out for New York, we'll definitely have pictures by then.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

http://www.mintinbox...1LEGO_SecretSet

My french is not so good....but it looks like on february 17 a Star Wars UCS set will be unveiled?

Edit: its also here, where it says the 17th or 29th: http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/01/du-17-au-29-fevrier-un-set-exclusif-en-avant-premiere-pour-les-clients-vip/

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

http://www.mintinbox...1LEGO_SecretSet

My french is not so good....but it looks like on february 17 a Star Wars UCS set will be unveiled?

Edit: its also here, where it says the 17th or 29th: http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/01/du-17-au-29-fevrier-un-set-exclusif-en-avant-premiere-pour-les-clients-vip/

That's 76052 Classic Batman TV Series - Batcave, which funnily enough was leaked today.

A-Wing wasn't in production when Vader's Tie Advanced was in service... so very slim chance this will be an original trilogy set.

Which is disappointing since i dislike SW Rebels.

It'll be nice to get a new TIE Advanced at the very least, I just hope it doesn't have that ghastly oversized cockpit we see in Rebels.

I tried to show a comparison between the original and rebels, but for some reason it wouldn't let me show imgur links.