Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

And I thought there is finally one LSW set for me this year with Vaders Tie.. again it's a Rebels set.

I'm happy for everyone who likes this years setup, but since there are quiet a few OT fans around here, I wonder if anyone is as disappointed as me from 2016:

- Empire BP with one figure from the movies

- Rebels BP with no minifig from the movies

- Bespin set is not really interesting, overpriced, with only one new minifig

- Hoth has nothing new to offer, very overpriced

- Droid Escape has nothing new, overpriced

- now Vaders Tie isn't an OT set

= 2 minifigures, no army builder and no single starfighter, no interesting playset.....

Only UCS Hoth and Snowspeeder left for me to hope. And with my focus on OT and my luck, the Snowspeeder might be the infamous Episode 7 one! :laugh:

OK, rant over - the last years have been a blast for anyone OT and I'm very aware of that: X-wing, Y-wing, Falcon, Snowspeeder, AT-AT, Cantina, Sandcrawler, Slave I, TIE, Star Destroyer, Tydirium, A-wing, B-wing, Ewok Village, Jabbas Palace, Sail Barge.... I know I shouldn't complain. :blush:

Ooo! These sound interesting, if not to my wallet.

I'm a huge fan of Rebels so I'm excited to see what the new sets will look like. The Vader & A-Wing set sounds promising, and judging by the source it should come with a blue colored A-Wing. I do wonder if they'll give Vader a unique helmet with red visor eyes--it's a very noticeable feature in the show because it's a design style that was lost in the movies after A New Hope.

The AT-TE should be spectacular. It was very stunning in the show (although it's ridiculous to think it could have beat three early AT-AT in combat, that was stupid). The only downside would be the inclusion of the 'should be dead' Clones, who I absolutely hate. They had their own show already--get out of Rebels! :blush:

I watched TFA second time yesterday and realized that on Jakku two regular, not SF, TIE fighters were chasing the MF, but one of them was piloted by a SF pilot! So TLG could easily include a SF FO pilot in a regular TIE fighter set: either microfighter or minifig scale one. Hopefully we will see it this year...

Edited by Vodnik

I watched TFA second time yesterday and realized that on Jakku two regular, not SF, TIE fighters were chasing the MF, but one of them was piloted by a SF pilot! So TLG could easily include a SF FO pilot in a regular TIE fighter set: either microfighter or minifig scale one. Hopefully we will see it this year...

Yes caught that myself. Pretty sure the Elite pilot bought it before the standard guy too!

Yes caught that myself. Pretty sure the Elite pilot bought it before the standard guy too!

Yup, he did :)

And with that both Lego as well as the movie are wrong since they stuffed the wrong TIE Pilots in the two Tie Fighter variants :laugh: What a funny coincidence that both messed it up in reverse...

70$ for 640 pieces set? Seems reasonable enough by Lego standarts, Battle on Takodana on the other hand is 20$ overpriced.

It's only $60 at Target. ;)

Hardly, especially by SW standards. The 75096 sith infiltrator is $90 (or a staggering €110) for 662 bricks nor 75101 at $70 (or €75) for 517 bricks are far worse, at roughly $1.10 per brick the transport is arguably one of the most reasonable SW sets

Id kill for even €1.10 per brick SW sets over here, the new Obi intercept is €35 in my country for 215 bricks, over my dead boddy that im paying that for that set.

Where did you see the 75096 Infiltrator for €110? It was 100 and sold badly, so ToysRUs sold it in the end for 59 EUR...

I think LEGO needs to think about this magic price-per-piece ratio.

I can understand that bigfigs and big parts or also alienmolds need more money, but the rest should stay with 8-10cent for a piece of plastic...

Where did you see the 75096 Infiltrator for €110? It was 100 and sold badly, so ToysRUs sold it in the end for 59 EUR...

I can understand that bigfigs and big parts or also alienmolds need more money, but the rest should stay with 8-10cent for a piece of plastic...

Well I guess its kinda nice that there is a chance of real nice opportunities to get lego sets on sale, since their prices tend to fluctuate quite a bit.

When it comes to the price-per-part ratio, are there any realistic estimates for costs and profit?

As far as I know Lego themselves stay pretty confidential on the whole matter for obvious reasons, but I would say as well that even 10 cents per piece, which is considered normal, is far overpriced.

Edited by BigEl

Well I guess its kinda nice that there is a chance of real nice opportunities to get lego sets on sale, since their prices tend to fluctuate quite a bit.

When it comes to the price-per-part ratio, are there any realistic estimates for costs and profit?

As far as I know Lego themselves stay pretty confidential on the whole matter for obvious reasons, but I would say as well that even 10 cents per piece, which is considered normal, is far overpriced.

Lego has always been expensive, but the adviced prices with the last waves were ludicrously high.

The new obi one interceptor is 35€ officially priced and most shops follow that (luckily there are good online shops in the Netherlands that don't :) )

Compared to the 2014 version with anakin which was 30€, that's a 5€ or a 17% increase in price in 2 years for more or less the same item. My salary didn't go up that much...not by a long shot...

i bought the anakin version at an end year sale for 22€, if they want me to buy the obi one they better drop to 25€

So the magic word is PATIENCE :)

Edited by firefox

Some interesting news....

75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced vs A-wing

That's intriguing! Cheers.

Any information on the three sets left? Rogue one or are they something else?

I went to my local TRU (jan 3) just to see if they had the new sets. They had the new episode VII sets. All the resistance BP were sold out and a few FO were left standing. The shelves with Battle of Takodana (74.99$) and the resistance transport (89.99$) were left untouched.

Also, they were out of almost every sets but had a million sith infiltrator left at 109.99$ CAD

I think the new prices aren't pleasing everyone...

I hope the Anakin podracer for 25$ is the start a new wave of podracers. One released per year like with the Jedi Starfighters.

The Vader's tie vs A-Wing reminds me of the Y-Wing vs Tie advance and could become one of the all time favorite for kids.

Can't wait to see the minifigure line up of the CTT and of Echo base.

When is the London toy fair?

And I thought there is finally one LSW set for me this year with Vaders Tie.. again it's a Rebels set.

I'm happy for everyone who likes this years setup, but since there are quiet a few OT fans around here, I wonder if anyone is as disappointed as me from 2016:

- Empire BP with one figure from the movies

- Rebels BP with no minifig from the movies

- Bespin set is not really interesting, overpriced, with only one new minifig

- Hoth has nothing new to offer, very overpriced

- Droid Escape has nothing new, overpriced

- now Vaders Tie isn't an OT set

= 2 minifigures, no army builder and no single starfighter, no interesting playset.....

Only UCS Hoth and Snowspeeder left for me to hope. And with my focus on OT and my luck, the Snowspeeder might be the infamous Episode 7 one! :laugh:

OK, rant over - the last years have been a blast for anyone OT and I'm very aware of that: X-wing, Y-wing, Falcon, Snowspeeder, AT-AT, Cantina, Sandcrawler, Slave I, TIE, Star Destroyer, Tydirium, A-wing, B-wing, Ewok Village, Jabbas Palace, Sail Barge.... I know I shouldn't complain. :blush:

Hi

like you i have only interests in movie sets, so i fully agree with you list. But i would like to add that the Droid Escape set has one huge advangte over the old one, which i have: Javas.

Javas are hard to get and have been a Sandcrawler only fig. Yes, ther are older Javas, but in recent sets a 300€ Sandrcrawler is teh only source - so far...

I may buy the sandrcrawler for investment but the Droid Escape set for the Javas because: "These are the figs im looking for"

Dino

Dutch S@H, the set is so ridiculous most shops dont even carry it, brickwatch (dutch lego pricewatch site) only has S@H selling it:

http://www.brickwatch.net/nl/set/75096/Sith-Infiltrator.html

Honestly, im fine with the €/piece ratio for every single theme, EXCEPT star wars, technic, city, speed champions etc.. all stay close enough to 0.10/piece for me to have no qualms about buying the sets i like, but then SW comes along... and pretty much all sets here are scarily close to 0.15/piece at list price, and the €5 price hike for the €30 sets only makes it worse, as firefox mentions, the obi interceptor is €35, up from €30 for anakins, and the model is objectively worse in nearly every aspect (the only way it is better is by being red and having obi wan rather then anakin, the construction, part count, likeness to the movie model etc.. are all worse, and it has more stickers as well)

SW prices have gotten to the point where the only sets i buy at list price are BPs and MFs, anything larger then that needs a 20% discount at least for me to bother, luckily that isnt too hard to find usually, if you're patient

Lego has always been expensive, but the adviced prices with the last waves were ludicrously high.

The new obi one interceptor is 35€ officially priced and most shops follow that (luckily there are good online shops in the Netherlands that don't :) )

Compared to the 2014 version with anakin which was 30€, that's a 5€ or a 17% increase in price in 2 years for more or less the same item. My salary didn't go up that much...not by a long shot...

i bought the anakin version at an end year sale for 22€, if they want me to buy the obi one they better drop to 25€

So the magic word is PATIENCE :)

Yup, the Obi interceptor has me pissed off as well, as i said above, worse model, less pieces, more stickers, less movie-like, only redeemed by not having anakin in it, yet a €5 price hike.

I built a custom black darth vader interceptor last year based on the instructions for the yellow one, and i really want an obi version (either red or blue would be fine), but because lego screwed over the new model, im looking at €40-45 beginning with either the yellow or red model and bricklinking mods.

If they'd just done a red version of the previous model without making it worse, i wouldve swallowed my objections and paid the extra €5, but this... yuck

Hi

like you i have only interests in movie sets, so i fully agree with you list. But i would like to add that the Droid Escape set has one huge advangte over the old one, which i have: Javas.

Javas are hard to get and have been a Sandcrawler only fig. Yes, ther are older Javas, but in recent sets a 300€ Sandrcrawler is teh only source - so far...

I may buy the sandrcrawler for investment but the Droid Escape set for the Javas because: "These are the figs im looking for" ��

Dino

15494054576_39f02cbb9e.jpgJawa Update by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Review (not mine) of the "FO General" polybag:

Most noteworthy is the inclusion of the cuff band, which - however - is the rank of an admiral. So we got a miscoloured colonel's tunic with rank insignia of an admiral and thus the minifig is called general. Well, let's just be happy about printed arm. :classic:

That's intriguing! Cheers.

Any information on the three sets left? Rogue one or are they something else?

What three sets? There are more than three sets ;) I'll contact my zombie Bothans.

PS: My avatar is better than your's, ArrowBricks! :D

ok, thats hilarious :D (but Lucas hasnt got anything to do with SW anymore)

i know i didnt know who to put there. i was going to do jj but he has nothing to do with rebels. maybe micky mouse

So I picked up the Resistance and First Order Battlepacks today, and I am pretty damn happy!

In terms of the Resistance Pack - the new helmet mould is beautiful, and it looks great with the chin-piece removed too, meaning it definitely has the potential for future Sci-Fi and Star Wars applications. The speeder is small but is a nice build, and the figures here are great - you only need a couple of packs to have a decent Resistance team set up. I definitely plan to buy a second pack.

The First Order pack is a mixed bag. I personally enjoy the figure mix as I have none of the TFA sets bar the Falcon yet, but I do agree that two troopers would've been a much better decision on LEGO's behalf. The turret is weak but the parts are pretty nice. Happy with this pack too - gonna wait for sales and get 3-5 more.

What three sets? There are more than three sets ;) I'll contact my zombie Bothans.

PS: My avatar is better than your's, ArrowBricks! :D

Oh I see!;) let's hope the zombie bothans have recovered the information and are up for some talking!

PS: You keep thinking that nrg!;) :laugh:

Edited by ArrowBricks