Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Okay, so here they are. May 4, 2016 will bring a new UCS Hoth Echo Base. There will be either a UCS Starkiller Base or another Death Star, sources believe it's the latter. (No word on it being a playset or a model) Lastly, UCS Snowspeeder is coming, as confirmed by its inclusion in the Brickset database.

It might be me being blind, but is there a list with upcoming sets? Reading back 147 pages is a bit of a stretch ;-) Also now the X-wing and Sandcrawler got a UCS remake, will other sets follow? I'm highly anticipating a new Millenium Falcon, Snow Speeder of Star Destroyer. An AT-AT UCS model would be nice as well, but that one would be new.

Encounter on Jakku

Resistance X-Wing

Clone Turbo Tank

A-Wing (Rebels)

Anakin's Podracer ($25)

+ 6 more constraction figures.

Oh? Did not know that. Hopefully no more plain humans. :thumbdown: (though Poe was pretty good, IMO)

I believe Yoda is in the next bunch

Aegis and Gremer, thanks for the replies! Can't wait for 'The Attack on Hoth' brickset. Any spy-pics yet? :laugh:

Edited by Major_Ton

I believe Yoda is in the next bunch

If they do Greedo or Bossk i'll try a constraction figure. Do these constraction figs sell well? Who buys these and why (just being curious)?

I've been doing that for Rebel pilots in both Hoth as well as Yavin/Endor battles.

They're on my Flickr account on the link in my sig but I'm on my phone so can't link to an image.

Don't worry, I've seen your photos. In fact that kind of inspired me to do a similar thing. The only problem is that 75032 torsos are hard to come by in a proper quantity on bricklink. Was it you who bought 25 of them ?

As far as I can remember, there was never a Starkiller Base, I think it was a misinterpretation of someone's wish/want.

^This. Retiring the current Death Star (the best selling lego set of all time) and replacing it with Starkiller base would be absolute stupidity.

As for what the new one would bring over the old one, other than updated figures at a few cosmetic interior tweaks I have no idea. That set is arguably the best value for the money Star Wars set Lego has ever produced.

I wasn't sold on the Constraction figures to begin with, but I got Grievous (best one) since I have got Obi-wan, Phasma and Kylo Ren. They've really grown on me. I may invest in them all.

Yoda, he would make an interesting one, not sure how it would work?

It seems they do 3 'good guys' 3 'bad guys' per wave....

Yoda, Chewy, C-3PO?

Boba Fett, Poggle, Darth Maul?

Could be cool!

Edited by zekee

^This. Retiring the current Death Star (the best selling lego set of all time) and replacing it with Starkiller base would be absolute stupidity.

Not to mention, though it'd make no difference, the Starkiller Base is at least ten times bigger than the Death Star.

While I've been doing it, I noticed that Lego often includes obscure reproductions of various things from the films in sets. Habeer Zignean in the Snowspeeder micro fighter for example.

Don't forget Theron Nett in the x-wing microfighter. Where can I see your progress of creating all the pilots? I am interested in it.

It seems they do 3 'good guys' 3 'bad guys' per wave....

Yoda, Chewy, C-3PO?

Boba Fett, Poggle, Darth Maul?

Could be cool!

I'm sure we'll see Boba Fett coming, and probably Chewbacca and Maul. However, I'm not sure about C-3PO, as they're being marketed as "battle-action figures"

I'm sure we'll see Boba Fett coming, and probably Chewbacca and Maul. However, I'm not sure about C-3PO, as they're being marketed as "battle-action figures"

It doesn't matter what they call them, if people want C-3P0, they will buy it.

It doesn't matter what they call them, if people want C-3P0, they will buy it.

True, they could design it such as they did with the exploding one back in 2001. But this is all just soeculation, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Don't worry, I've seen your photos. In fact that kind of inspired me to do a similar thing. The only problem is that 75032 torsos are hard to come by in a proper quantity on bricklink. Was it you who bought 25 of them ?

No... I 've neve brought that many of them. I actually bought around 4 or 5 of them from an advance seller before that micro fighter got released for around £5 each. I then put the helmets on the older Rebel torsos and sold them as a group of pilots.

I actually just picked up another torso/legs/head for around £2.30 from a UK seller so I'm just waiting for a new helmet for that.

Seriously, its still completely wrong.... the color, the wings and the front view port :hmpf_bad:

Oh!!! I didn't even notice that the wings still don't fold! That is so bad!

Where exactly did you get this info? Insider?

Just trust him, it's what he does that matters, not how he does it. Plus, those with sources aren't allowed to disclose.

Does that apply to Ep. III, or is it an Imperial one? :grin:

I'm guessing it'l be Ep. III, since we've been getting a lot of III stuff recently.

If so, this is a perfect chance for a new Luminara. Come on LEGO!