Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Brickset claims an Unkar Plutt minifigure is planned. There ya go. :sweet:

If this is true, Simon Pegg, one of my all-time favorite actors, will final be immortalized in LEGO! How's that for a slice of fried gold!?

The minifigure selection will make or break the Turbo Tank for me. The biggest problem with a ROTS version is that the Battle of Kashyyyk has been so well covered in recent years that there isn't anything left to offer aside from a new Luminara Unduli. At the very least three Jedi characters should be reasonable like the last release - preferably some combination of Luminara, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura or Shaak Ti.

Hm how about the new Version of Movie Yoda that gets introduced with the upcoming Homing Spider Droid together with Luminara. Would make sense since we see those two in the battle. In addition maybe a new Wookie together with updated Crew personel for the tank. What will make or break the new Turbo Tank for me will be if they actually get the front section remotely accurate this time in contrast to the first two, that were quite off from a design perspective as well as a more bulky section between the wheels.

I don't think another Millennium Falcon is coming anytime soon.

Hasn't that rumour come from you?

Nope, I never said anything about one. I don't know that stuff.

cavegod rekindled the rumor by mentioning that a new version has been seen alongside a new ucs snowspeeder.

But if "being seen" actually means being seriously developed for selling remains to be seen :grin:

Personally I have my doubts with that one however.

Edited by BigEl

So to sum up everything what we know:

Polybag sets: Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, First Order General, Stormtrooper Finn

Normal sets: Encounter on Jakku, Resistance X-Wing, Anakin's Podracer, Turbo Tank, A-Wing?

UCS sets: Assault on Hoth, Death Star, Snowspeeder, Millennium Falcon (are we sure on this one?)

+ sets numbers:

Don't forget the rumored UCS Starkiller Base!

Don't forget the rumored UCS Starkiller Base!

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be the Death Star. A Death Star, not Starkiller Base. :tongue:

Bah another X-wing set??The thing that worries me the most is that casual Poe may be included in this set which is a bummer since I hoped there was a chance of him being instead included on the Jakku set.

Edited by LOTR34

Unless, we get starkiller base instead of the death star.

Kinda doubt it, honestly, not many scenes to remake from ONE movie.

I also heard that many set boxes in retailers catalogue are black, so they might be Rogue One sets.

Hearing about this turbo tank makes me think if I should run out and buy the AT-AP before it's too late

Kinda doubt it, honestly, not many scenes to remake from ONE movie.

Yeah, we might get it eventually though.

Edited by amazingbricks

I also heard that many set boxes in retailers catalogue are black, so they might be Rogue One sets.

kQyqhdt.png

Does anyone know when we usually get summer catalog pics? It's around this time, isn't it?

This year we had:

5 sets in June

7 sets in Sept

and 1 for Aug

- do you think TLG will release 7 RO sets in Sept or they don't think those are important enough?

I've heard about a RBR but it does not seem to be true. It deserves a remake tho...

I remember, that summer 2014 retailers catalogue pictures leaked on 1st January as did sets names. :) But we have to prepare to not hear much in coming years, beacuse most sets will be from new movies, so most of them will have black boxes.

What is RBR?

Edited by Pablo94

I remember, that summer 2014 retailers catalogue pictures leaked on 1st January as did sets names. :) But we have to prepare to not hear much in coming years, beacuse most sets will be from new movies, so most of them will have black boxes.

What is RBR?

Rebel blockade runner I imagine.

This year we had:

5 sets in June

7 sets in Sept

and 1 for Aug

- do you think TLG will release 7 RO sets in Sept or they don't think those are important enough?

I think they'll do another Force Friday thing.

Isn't this the resistance x-wing set?

http://shop.lego.com...g-Fighter-75125

Yes, but we're getting a bigger one. Similar size to Poe's

Cheap Anakin's Podracer sounds great. :sweet: I wonder what figs will it include (besides Anakin himself of course :tongue: ).

^Yeah, speculation is for a full-sized version.

But woah that price. I feel like resentment towards Disney's handling of Star Wars is going to start building.

There were TFA criticisms about lack of creativity (which I guess empowered Lucas to finally come out and the say the same thing in a recent interview). Same for the Battlefront video game. Both felt at least a tad vanilla, made for wide appeal. Battlefront is also the strongest offender of a huge controversy in the video game industry around downloadable content. DLC for the game costs as much as the game itself ($60) and the content/quality for the full $120 is still considered lacking. Similarly, we're starting to see Lego prices relative to the parts for the Star Wars licensed sets getting out of hand. It could be Lego acting on their own but I think Disney is forcing their hand here. Look at some of those constraction figures. Battle on Takodana for $60? This guy for $16 even though it has fewer pieces than the $10 Snowspeeder?