Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm really excited about the obi-Wan starfighter! Also the hot battle looks cool! Another thing worth noting is I like the small disks so you don't need plates to use individual mini figures.

I'm really excited about the obi-Wan starfighter! Also the hot battle looks cool! Another thing worth noting is I like the small disks so you don't need plates to use individual mini figures.

The small round plates is actually not included with the sets. The plates is actually used to hold the minifigures to pose properly and therefore will be removed using CGI softwares in the final set pictures.

I'm on the fence on getting Attack on Hoth because of the possibility of UCS Echo Base later in 2016. Does the set will have lots of similarity with the UCS (e.g. Turret, Han Solo, Probe Droid, etc.)? If most of the elements are the same, I'll def skipping this one and instead waiting for the UCS itself.

Edited by JabbaFett

I'm on the fence on getting Attack on Hoth because of the possibility of UCS Echo Base later in 2016. Does the set will have lots of similarity with the UCS (e.g. Ion Cannon, Han Solo, Probe Droid, etc.)? If most of the elements are the same, I'll def skipping this one and instead waiting for the UCS itself.

The set coming out in January is meant to be a supplement to the Assault on Hoth Set we're expecting later in the year. I think the only repeated element we might see is the turret.

There is a rumor going on that we may get a couple of sets based entirely on the Rebels animated series this spring.

i hope so i liked the other sets from the rebels the ghost is a beautiful set Edited by daivader

Good luck. Just tried my local Lego store and they'd sold out of everything new, up to and including The Force Awakens stuff. If they didn't use Yodel, I might be tempted to buy from them online but I think I'll wait now.

Good luck. Just tried my local Lego store and they'd sold out of everything new, up to and including The Force Awakens stuff. If they didn't use Yodel, I might be tempted to buy from them online but I think I'll wait now.

Just received Hoth Attack today after ordering from TLG online (am in UK = YODEL) on the 26th December - came with a free Winter Soldier poly bag. That's pretty good service, have no fear :)

Good news, Anakin's Podracer still exists.

204-00-1465 Anakin's Podracer $24.99

Edited by CM4Sci

$25? :blush:

It's probably going to look terrible for that low of a price but I honestly don't care at this point. I've been needing something to display next to my MOC of Holdfast's Pod.

Well the last one, which cost $90, came with both anakin and sebulba's pods, while this one just says Anakin's Podracer. Sebulba's was quite a bit bigger than anakin's so I am not worried.

The pressing question is: What Minifigures will be included?

I'm hoping for Shimi or Padme but one can only hope...

Lego really seems to focus on the battle of Hoth line the last three years. This UCS set is kind of a bummer unless there is a new AT-ST, if they're going to do ESB they've really neglected the latter half of the movie. A new Bespin Luke would be great. When I initially heard the Carbon Freezing Chamber was coming out I was hopeful, but I just find it to be disappointing. UCS cloud city scene, in my opinion, would be such a great set. Just surprised they have not capitalized on the potential.

If we talk about minifigures for Anakin's Podracer, expect no more than three. Anakin's definitely going to be included, but I'm afraid we're going to get another Jar Jar Binks and very possibly another Obi-Wan Kenobi or Watto.

Edited by ChristopherLee

Glad to hear the podracer is still happening. I'm definitely hoping for either Shmi or C-3PO. Both characters are long overdue. Padme and Mawhonic are more than welcome too.

I'm guessing by the price point this version will be a lot smaller than the last release. Its not such a bad thing as long as they can still capture a decent amount of detail in the build. Hopefully this sells well enough that we see more podracers released in the future. It would be great to see other characters like Teemto, Fode & Beed, Ann/Tann Gella and a non-anime Aurra Sing someday.

The set coming out in January is meant to be a supplement to the Assault on Hoth Set we're expecting later in the year. I think the only repeated element we might see is the turret.

Judging by the video the only element not included in the UCS set looks to be the Probe Droid. Everything else - the turret, the trench and the three minifigures all seem to be covered in both sets. I do hope we won't wind up with two duplicate Han Solo figures though, especially with Princess Leia still being notably absent from both sets.

As far as i know it's 75145 Anakin's Podracer with the price of the Jedi Interceptor and something is weird with it..

I think Anakin's Podracer can be done really well for $25. While I don't know the exact piece count of the last one, I do own it, and Anakin's pod is pretty small. It's Sebulba's podracer that made the last set more expensive.

25$? Sounds very small to me :wacko: The last Podracer set included Sebulbas Podracer as well, so it's quite hard to judge how much it was worth. The whole set was 90$ and Sebulbas Podracer was obviously much larger, so maybe it was around 30-35$ or something? :grin:

And it seems we get a standard colored Resistance X-wing in the summer.

Anakin, Shmi, and a Pit Droid would be great. Though I'd honestly be good with anyone from TPM Tatooine, except Jar-Jar. I honestly don't expect three full figures in a $25 set.

Alright, so 3 summer sets confirmed!

751?? Encounter on Jakku

75145 Anakin's Podracer

751?? Resistance X-Wing Fighter