Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Quit complaining about prices, its not what this thread is for, 49 bucks is fine for the castle. its star wars its gana be about 15 bucks more then it should be. get over it.

Just bought Battle on Takodana set, and it was a lot more interesting to build than I expected. The entrance to Maz Kanata's castle looks really sweet, though I wish there were more banners in the set. Minifigures are outstanding: Maz herself, maskless Kylo and Finn in cheaper set, 2 stormies are nice addition to the set as well, especially the famous one with shock staff( if you've seen that movie you know what I mean). Nice set, but really overpriced! Also bought couple FO Battlepacks and a Resistance Battlepack. Both are great sets, Resistance troopers helmets are really great design, but stud shooters need to go! They look really awkward in the sets.

Edited by benderisgreat

I'm not sure Constable Zuvio and Sarco Plank are really worth it. You know a character is too obscure when even die hard fans can't even find them in the movie and there's already been enough negativity over the action figures about it. Still would be nice to have Bobbajo though along with Teedo and Unkar Plutt.

I never want to see that last character again. Any Lego set with him in it will be a pass for me.

Hi everyone, the new sets were on amazon UK the week before xmas but then were taken down; I imagined they would be back up once Lego officially released them, but they are not; I can see them in my item history (and the prices keep changing) but when i click on them they dont exist, any one got any ideas?

Also has anyone on here who is UK based got there hands on Battle of Takodana or the Resistance Transporter yet?

Many Thanks!

Just bought Battle on Takodana set, and it was a lot more interesting to build than I expected. The entrance to Maz Kanata's castle looks really sweet, though I wish there were more banners in the set. Minifigures are outstanding: Maz herself, maskless Kylo and Finn in cheaper set, 2 stormies are nice addition to the set as well, especially the famous one with shock staff( if you've seen that movie you know what I mean). Nice set, but really overpriced! Also bought couple FO Battlepacks and a Resistance Battlepack. Both are great sets, Resistance troopers helmets are really great design, but stud shooters need to go! They look really awkward in the sets.

Nice! Can I ask where you picked them up?

I'm really not heappy with the fact that the wookie gunship and the AT-DP allready have left the catalog while the tie advanced still stays.

Those were great sets. Had to buy an extra gunship quickly before they are all gone.

The assault carrier too, afer 6 months! A shame...

Those new rebels sets coming in april better be good!

Edited by firefox

I'm really not heappy with the fact that the wookie gunship and the AT-DP allready have left the catalog while the tie advanced still stays.

Those were great sets. Had to buy an extra gunship quickly before they are all gone.

what rebels sets?

Nice, wonder if the supreme leader will be a polybag special with it then...

It will probably be released on May 4th so I imagine the polybag will come with it.

There is a rumor going on that we may get a couple of sets based entirely on the Rebels animated series this spring.

It's possible, with the seemingly heavy summer wave (from hints, 3/5 of the summer sets are going to be from Rebels) that someone saw preliminaries and thought all the sets were from rebels, which would explain the idea of an All-Rebels wave.

I don't know where this idea of a spring release came from though, that's a bit weird...

I'd heard the exact opposite, that TIE advanced is showing up as retired in some region's S@H. I guess the gunship and walker would likely go at the same time, all being from the same wave. I have a hard time believing the Gozanti is done already, but as much complaining as there has been around here, I guess it could be true if it is not selling well.

This all sounds like making shelf room, which is good if you have everything you wanted already...

Edited by rollermonkey

It's possible, with the seemingly heavy summer wave (from hints, 3/5 of the summer sets are going to be from Rebels) that someone saw preliminaries and thought all the sets were from rebels, which would explain the idea of an All-Rebels wave.

I don't know where this idea of a spring release came from though, that's a bit weird...

Where did you hear that there will be only 5 sets...?

I'm not convinced an entire wave will be focused on the film next year.

Cheers

It makes perfect sense. The Tie Advanced was a fast seller when that wave released. Such that they went back and did additional production runs/restocks on it. The Wookie Gunship and AT-DP were slower sellers. So had no extra production time and will likely retire as warehouse stock depletes.

I lost touch with the latest rumours, so if my question has already been adressed elsewhere: May apologies and thanks in advance for an answer:

Is anything more substantial known or rumoured than a mere wishful thinking about us getting an adult Rebls version of Ahsoka Tano in the near future? I'm really looking forward to a minifig version of that character.

how often do we get new Star wars sets? twice a year (Winter and summer)?

I think usually twice, but there were three waves this year due to TFA sets coming out in September. I expect the same in 2016 - two waves of assorted sets in January and June, then a Rogue One-heavy wave in the fall.

Is anything more substantial known or rumoured than a mere wishful thinking about us getting an adult Rebels version of Ahsoka Tano in the near future? I'm really looking forward to a minifig version of that character.

I'm sure new Ahsoka fig would cheer you all up.

:wink:

Edited by Sir Gareth