Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Alright, look, I don't give hints anymore but Merry Christmas, all I know is that there's a set called Encounter in Jakku and it's a smaller sized set. Ho ho ho

Thank you Just2good. This forum is slowly running out of things to talk about lately

Probably more like Encounter on Jakku :tongue:

Sounds great though, thanks for that bit of information! :thumbup: This seems to be based on the opening sequence of the film, so hopefully we'll get

Lor San Tekka

:sweet:

Since the 2016 sets are now available on S@H in the UK, will they be available in Lego stores in the AM? Sorry if this question is in the wrong place

Probably more like Encounter on Jakku :tongue:

Sounds great though, thanks for that bit of information! :thumbup: This seems to be based on the opening sequence of the film, so hopefully we'll get

Lor San Tekka

:sweet:

Oh shoot, you're right! I'm thinking it's..

When Finn meets Rey at the market, with BB8, and maybe a new alien and Pegg's character?

When Finn meets Rey at the market, with BB8, and maybe a new alien and Pegg's character?

I'd love a set like that, a stormtrooper, some market things, maybe a tent, a vendor, Rey, Finn, BB8

Either of those were my thinking too!

If it was the village set, we would get Lor San Tekka, as well as maybe the aformentioned Poe Dameron with hair and a cheap BB-8. If we weren't getting the Stormtrooper Finn polybag then that'd a possibility too. Ren and Phasma are there, both only featuring in expensive sets so far, so might be a cheap place to get them, otherwise another Stormtrooper is welcome.

If it is the market then I'm hoping for Unkar, and maybe Bobbajo. By my count there are only about six other minor characters who are on screen long enough to have the chance of being a minifigure. Again, BB-8 could be in a cheap set and either Finn or Rey could be included too.

Edited by Seaber

Majority of the next wave, which is showing up at TRU and other stores, will not be available in LEGO stores until the new year.

And good job with keeping the spoilers locked down all. I appreciate the courtesy members are showing each other!

Thanks for the info and reviews, Just2Good! I'll gladly take anything related to Jakku and still hope for Rey's hideout (at least parts thereof).

Something tells me the set may include the Quadjumper vehicle briefly seen in the movie. We've seen concept art for it a while ago and you know how Lego bases sets on them. They probably already have it designed. Either way, I expect a market type set. It would be visually different from the others. A village is possible, but Lor San Tekka would make a pretty boring fig and I don't think would be a selling point.

I know that a lot of people aren't good at math, but it seems to me that the statements made thus far add up to this Summer TFA set not having 23 minifigs, vehicles, buildings, and a critter bigfig.

Temper your expectations guys, or you'll just set yourself up for disappointment.

Again.

Edited by rollermonkey

Any news on 2016 summer sets

It looks like you've been missing out on some hints, rumors, and confirmations from myself and other users on here. Just go a couple pages back and read for yourself.

I should have put my entire post in a spoiler tag, but I didn't bother, because I referenced way too much too people in regards to the movie...so most of my post has been deleted and replaced with this.

it's the resistance briefing scene in flight suit or the interogation scene which doesn't really lend itself to being a family friendly set.

Edited by Stash2Sixx
SPOILERZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, look, I don't give hints anymore but Merry Christmas, all I know is that there's a Summer 2016 set called Encounter in Jakku and it's a smaller sized set. Ho ho ho

And I always said that the Rebels only Spring thing was speculation, never heard it confirmed.

You're a good man J2G

My post was redone and mostly deleted because it contained too many spoilers relating to details in the movie. OOPS!

I would have to agree with you on the Jakku set. That being said...

I don't think Poe's interrogation not being family friendly is even an issue. The scene took place aboard a Star Destroyer and there's nothing stopping Lego from releasing another set similar to last year's 75055 with a Poe Dameron minifigure in handcuffs. Even Lor San Tekka could be included as an extra if they wanted much like the Kanjiklub characters in the Falcon.

Edited by Stash2Sixx
deleting all traces of that spoilerific comment.

Maybe the set could come with that hunchbacked alien with the crate on its back JJ Abrams showed off for that charity event a few months ago. Moulded head non-withstanding, it shouldn't be that hard for lego to design.

I would have to agree with you on the Jakku set. That being said...

I don't think Poe's interrogation not being family friendly is even an issue. The scene took place aboard a Star Destroyer and there's nothing stopping Lego from releasing another set similar to last year's 75055 with a Poe Dameron minifigure in handcuffs. Even Lor San Tekka could be included as an extra if they wanted much like the Kanjiklub characters in the Falcon.

That's true, but I don't think this is the case here.

A new Star Destroyer is something we can expect to see in future waves, but at the moment with the Falcon, Kylo Ren's Shuttle and the FO Transport, all the big price points are taken. I personally can't wait for it, because it'll give us a nice chance to get some more stormtroopers and FO officers, as well as Hux with a hairpiece. Resistance presence would be a bonus, but like with the 75055 you mentioned, enemies in the set aren't necessary.

Assuming that the Encounter on Jakku set has the jacketed Poe, I wonder whether the encounter will simply be with Lor San Tekka, or with the FO as well. The fact it's been mentioned as being small makes me think the FO presence will be minimal at best, with Poe, BB-8 and Lor San Tekka pretty much nailed on, and maybe a stormtrooper at most.

I'm working tomorrow, unfortunately, but I'll be checking my local Lego store for the new Microfighters and Battlepacks then.

That's true, but I don't think this is the case here.

A new Star Destroyer is something we can expect to see in future waves, but at the moment with the Falcon, Kylo Ren's Shuttle and the FO Transport, all the big price points are taken. I personally can't wait for it, because it'll give us a nice chance to get some more stormtroopers and FO officers, as well as Hux with a hairpiece. Resistance presence would be a bonus, but like with the 75055 you mentioned, enemies in the set aren't necessary.

Assuming that the Encounter on Jakku set has the jacketed Poe, I wonder whether the encounter will simply be with Lor San Tekka, or with the FO as well. The fact it's been mentioned as being small makes me think the FO presence will be minimal at best, with Poe, BB-8 and Lor San Tekka pretty much nailed on, and maybe a stormtrooper at most.

I'm working tomorrow, unfortunately, but I'll be checking my local Lego store for the new Microfighters and Battlepacks then.

Assuming the Jakku set was based on that scene that would be a good minifigure line up which would serve as a good incentive for people to buy that set. Being a small set it probably include the X-Wing but maybe some of the camps.

Assuming the Jakku set was based on that scene that would be a good minifigure line up which would serve as a good incentive for people to buy that set. Being a small set it probably include the X-Wing but maybe some of the camps.

Id much prefer if it was based on Ray's settlement later on in the film, as there's a far more interesting range of characters than redesigns and

Lor San Tekka, whose design means he'd make quite a boring figure

Who knows, maybe if based on the savaging place the set could even include

the giant pig creature. He's about dewback sized so it's not completely beyond legos ability to make.

Who knows, maybe if based on the savaging place the set could even include

the giant pig creature. He's about dewback sized so it's not completely beyond legos ability to make.

Is that really a spoiler? Well, I'll go along with it. I'd buy a set just for that, because I love

ugly-cute creatures like it.

Is that really a spoiler? Well, I'll go along with it. I'd buy a set just for that, because I love

ugly-cute creatures like it.

Better safe than sorry :)

And yeah, I really hope we get a new moulded creature from one of the new Star Wars projects (Rogue 1, Rebels, TFA), rather than a slightly remodelled Taunton/Wampa mould, especially as there wasn't anything new this year.