Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The hair piece that Anakin has in his "Revenge of the Sith" version would quite suit him.

I was actually thinking the new Superman one thats coming out next year.

If you haven't realized it by now, Lego include minifigures to add appeal to a set. Doesn't have to make sense. They added Palpatine to a droid Tri fighter, Queen Amidala to a gungan sub, Obi-Wan to a MTT, Watto to sith infiltrator ...I can keep going.

They all make sense. Palpatine was both representative of Naboo and directly responsible for the war there, Watto was on Tatooine when Darth Maul went to chase Obi an Qui Gon ..... and so on...

They all make sense. Palpatine was both representative of Naboo and directly responsible for the war there, Watto was on Tatooine when Darth Maul went to chase Obi an Qui Gon ..... and so on...

I was just responding to his statement when he said Sabine was not involved with an A-Wing. Of course the sets don't match the scene specifically but for obvious reasons At least the character appears somewhere along with the scene or on the planet at the very least

Edited by namioik

Yeah, but when did Queen Amidala ever get near a Gungan sub?

Both are on Naboo.

This.

Fair enough. I need to befriend my local LEGO Store employees. They're nice guys, anyways.

Going back to the A-wing, it would be interesting to see if it's in blue, seeing as we've already seen red and green ones.

Edited by Garmetrowolf

I'm sorry, but you guys are stretching. Palpatine is responsible for the war, so he got dropped into a droid set? Amidala is from the same planet as the Gungans, so she makes sense in the sub?

I like LEGO and Star Wars, but that doesn't mean that everything they do automatically makes sense. To blindly accept these things as appropriate/ acceptable is a prerogative you can choose, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree.

In one sense, I hate minifigs, because way too many arguments spring from them. Too much detail, not enough. This figure belongs, no it doesn't. "We" need some super-obscure character that has an instantaneous appearance, because someone thought they were cool.

It gets old, reading the same tired lines of discussion about the figs every wave. I enjoy Star Wars LEGO because they are cool and fun to build. Continuously complaining about them instead of enjoying them for what they are is a pretty lame hobby. It's almost as bad as the "fans" who watched TFA and then immediately compiled a list of the 7, 25 or even 75 things they found wrong with the film.

(And yes, I recycled those arguments about figs on purpose. They've been made before, over and over, which is the point I'm making.)

Edited by rollermonkey

^ This.

While I agree with most of the points folks are making in regards to the hype of rogue one, Disney has proved that they are masters of marketing. They are following Lucas' footsteps in regards to knowing that the real money comes from merchandising. And since Lego is arguably the biggest toy company in the planet I have a strong suspicion that we will get a full line of rogue one sets come this summer due to the push from Disney.

I hope so. Marvel, which is also Disney-owned, makes a lot of movies and not all of them get lego sets. Think about it: Guardians of the galaxy only got 3 sets, while captain america 2 got no sets. Ant man only got 1 set. Hopefully, lego will make 3-5 sets based off of rogue one since there will be more set possibilities, compared to a superhero movie.

I'm sorry, but you guys are stretching. Palpatine is responsible for the war, so he got dropped into a droid set? Amidala is from the same planet as the Gungans, so she makes sense in the sub?

I like LEGO and Star Wars, but that doesn't mean that everything they do automatically makes sense. To blindly accept these things as appropriate/ acceptable is a prerogative you can choose, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree.

In one sense, I hate minifigs, because way too many arguments spring from them. Too much detail, not enough. This figure belongs, no it doesn't. "We" need some super-obscure character that has an instantaneous appearance, because someone thought they were cool.

It gets old, reading the same tired lines of discussion about the figs every wave. I enjoy Star Wars LEGO because they are cool and fun to build. Continuously complaining about them instead of enjoying them for what they are is a pretty lame hobby. It's almost as bad as the "fans" who watched TFA and then immediately compiled a list of the 7, 25 or even 75 things they found wrong with the film.

(And yes, I recycled those arguments about figs on purpose. They've been made before, over and over, which is the point I'm making.)

I'm not complaining, I primarily buy Lego Star Wars for the builds!

I hope so. Marvel, which is also Disney-owned, makes a lot of movies and not all of them get lego sets. Think about it: Guardians of the galaxy only got 3 sets, while captain america 2 got no sets. Ant man only got 1 set. Hopefully, lego will make 3-5 sets based off of rogue one since there will be more set possibilities, compared to a superhero movie.

True but none of those movies are even close in comparison to SW in regards of merchandising. I mean, TFA is on target to be the first movie to rake in 3 BILLION dollars. That sort of exposure sells a lot of Lego. I would be very surprised if Rogue One doesn't command the same number of sets as TFA line.

Rogue One will definitely get a decent number of sets. TV shows like Rebels and The Clone Wars have gotten tons of sets, and even video games like The Old Republic got some sets. I'm guessing Rogue One will have 4-6 sets releasing in either September or October. It won't be as big as The Force Awakens, but there will still be plenty for LEGO and other toy companies to capitalize on.

Plus, didn't Brickset list like only four set numbers for summer sets? That would suggest that the summer wave will be small again next year because an additional movie wave will come out a couple months later.

Sorry man, there's still a bit more to put, but now is not the time.

So For now you just don't know more..(-;

Otherwise postings like this would be very frustrating for people who are waiting for news..

Is BB8 coming in a cheaper summer set?

BB-8 is in a cheap set, just have to buy the X-wing..

If I'm not mistaken didn't J2G said that there will a rebels only wave this spring??Hope that's the case since that means that the summer wave will get more focus on TFA based sets.

I saw the movie yesterday and

hopefully we'll get Rey's variation of that costume she wears in the end of the movie when she's about to search for Luke.

Edited by LOTR34

I saw the movie yesterday and

hopefully we'll get Rey's variation of that costume she wears in the end of the movie when she's about to search for Luke.

That would be nice. I liked that.

on the subject of the spin off

biggs is rumored to make a cameo as a storm trooper spy like he was in the old comics. So we might get a new biggs :grin:

So For now you just don't know more..(-;

Otherwise postings like this would be very frustrating for people who are waiting for news..

BB-8 is in a cheap set, just have to buy the X-wing..

Thinking about it, you are right. That's all I know for now. It seems like you got some details yourself. :)

If you want a regular Poe with helmet, get the xwing. If not, then there's a surprise.

Edited by amazingbricks

Thinking about it, you are right. That's all I know for now. It seems like you got some details yourself. :)

If you want a regular Poe with helmet, get the xwing. If not, then there's a surprise.

Is BB8 included in this surprise:)

I already have an xwing. Dont really want to buy another :(

BB-8 is going to be a big hit among SW fans, especially kids. The droid really needs to be in a less expensive set than $80 as there are going to be a lot of children (mine included) that want him and cannot afford the more expensive sets. Hopefully the next wave will include a cheaper way to get him.

BB-8 is going to be a big hit among SW fans, especially kids. The droid really needs to be in a less expensive set than $80 as there are going to be a lot of children (mine included) that want him and cannot afford the more expensive sets. Hopefully the next wave will include a cheaper way to get him.

Bricklink? eBay? Do Lego need to physically press the figure into the child's hand? I read some of these posts and wonder if you lot are encountering a force field that keeps you from acquiring certain figures. The damn figure is £6 on bricklink. You need it cheaper than that?

I'm hoping we don't have to wait too long for a new TFA Luke, I thought he looked terrific - the make-up artists really got that 'seasoned Jedi master' look down to an art.

Bricklink? eBay? Do Lego need to physically press the figure into the child's hand? I read some of these posts and wonder if you lot are encountering a force field that keeps you from acquiring certain figures. The damn figure is £6 on bricklink. You need it cheaper than that?

I'm hoping we don't have to wait too long for a new TFA Luke, I thought he looked terrific - the make-up artists really got that 'seasoned Jedi master' look down to an art.

Well maybe there are people who think that buying single Minifigures seperately is way too expensive for what you actually get.

But I agree with the necessitiy for a new TFA Luke, he looked spot on and pretty amazing in the movie. Actually, his appereance was the most exciting part in the whole movie for me :laugh:

Edited by BigEl

Sure, adults can buy figures off of Bricklink, but shouldn't we think of children WITHOUT that luxury? What about children whose parents don't frequent AFOL sites but still want a BB-8 figure?

Not all LEGO fans know about Bricklink - especially young fans. And while I'm okay with spending $80 on a LEGO set, I'd venture to guess that most kids don't have that kind of money. LEGO fans need to think a little more about the product's primary demographic: kids.

Alright, look, I don't give hints anymore but Merry Christmas, all I know is that there's a Summer 2016 set called Encounter in Jakku and it's a smaller sized set. Ho ho ho

And I always said that the Rebels only Spring thing was speculation, never heard it confirmed.

Edited by just2good