Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Has there been any mention of the release date for the UCS snow speeder and Deathstar? We know the Hoth base is May release and the Falcon will be 2016 I presume....

Nice! That sounds like an excellent year for UCS sets...

I agree, Starkiller is cool, but it really lacks all of the exciting and awesome scenes that the Death Star had across several movies. In fact outside of one scene in the movie I don't think there's much to the Starkiller base. Perhaps more will happen with it in later movies, but for now a basic playset would give us everything notable that occurred there in this movie.

I would much prefer an updated Death Star. With all the new elements and building techniques in the last few years they could really overhaul the DS. Plus there's many of those minifigures that could use an update. Ep4 Leia definitely needs an update. In her last ep4 appearance she was still using the same torso she used in her first appearance. And that torso just looks bad next to any of the other redesigns we've gotten. Plus we need C3PO with a dual molded leg.

Actually I really liked the Starkiller Base. Love the design and it did had some very memorable/crucial scenes to it:

-The speech from Hux and the firing procedure of the base

-The crash landing of the Millenium Falcon

-The standoff between Han and Kylo Ren

-The lightsaber fight between Kylo Ren and Finn/Rey in the forest

And I am also not sure what you mean with in later movies... since it got blown up at the end of TFA :wink:

All in all I think a Starkiller Set would make way more sense than another Death Star!

I'm not sure if the A-wing is a summer set or not.

Just that we're still getting it is good news, but I wonder why, if so, it was delayed from the January wave.

It seems to me people are more interested in posting TFA spoilers here and don't really care about the summer wave. It's not a problem, i can wait.

I really am looking forward to the battle of takadona. Oddly, I don't usually go in for these location sets like this HOWEVER I think it is the near complete feel to this that appeals to me. Granted it doesn't have Rey, Han or Chewie, or Bb8 BUT I just feel it is a complete scene in itself, in lego terms and concludes a scene far better than the Carbonite chamber set, which I feel doesn't do the scene justice with regards to the minifigures.

I am very eager for this set, and am constantly checking the UK Lego store page to see whether it is up there yet. COME ON LEGO!

It seems to me people are more interested in posting TFA spoilers here and don't really care about the summer wave. It's not a problem, i can wait.

I think if you post it people will start to care :moar:

I do care! I'm going to be so happy if TLG is releasing a new AT-ST this summer

Edited by bountybossk

Believe it or not the spot on Kylo's face is accurate, Adam Driver (actor of Ren) does have a spot on his face in that exact place. I think he looks pretty accurate to the movie to be honest facially. Nice to have a helmetless version as he doesn't wear it all the time.

Believe it or not the spot on Kylo's face is accurate, Adam Driver (actor of Ren) does have a spot on his face in that exact place. I think he looks pretty accurate to the movie to be honest facially. Nice to have a helmetless version as he doesn't wear it all the time.

Yeah, I felt weird about the face before seeing the movie, but after seeing it I think it's spot on!

Giving the forum the summer list, makes them have something else to talk about

Edited by ArrowBricks

I do care about the summer wave sets, so I'm annoyed with the spoilers with the big amount of spoilers in this thread and don't post in this thread for a while.

Giving the forum the summer list, makes them have something else to talk about

+1

I'm sure new Ahsoka fig would cheer you all up.

Personally, I'm more interested to know if the TFA Star Destroyer is part of the summer wave. The new Ahsoka fig is cool and all, but Rebels really hasn't interested me.

Thanks for the information though. Always nice to know what we can.

Woohoo! With the Rebels A-Wing, perhaps? She piloted one in the show!

Thanks for that info, nrg! Made my day. Now all we need is a Rebels Rex!

Depends - is it Rebels Ahsoka? The Fulcrum? Because that would excite me greatly

Also, are there any new TFA sets?

I don't know about any TFA set in the summer but i could be wrong.

REBELS Ahsoka of course !

Makes sense that they don't want to burn out and double up on TFA too soon.

Rebels Ahsoka, how awesome!! What else is planned nrg? It's cruel to tease ;)

Haha, savage

I understand that there are new sets coming out next year, that's what this thread is for. But please, have a little courtesy for the people who have not yet seen the new movie. I mean, if you're going to reference a set that is not currently out and it refers to EP VII, put the message inside a spoiler tag. Is it really that difficult? Give them at least a week or two. Yes, you will survive!!

And for all of you that are complaining and making reports about all of the spoilers and cluttering up this thread...stop. IT'S THE INTERNET!!!!! There are at least three of us who have been as diligent as possible with regards to watching this thread...but I actually have to work, along with all of the other Mods and Admins, so if you think it might not be best to go onto the internet the week of the new movie's release because you might read something you don't want to...STAY OFF THE INTERNET!

It's not rocket science, it's common sense. And if this makes me a "rude moderator" for telling the truth and not sugar coating it...well tough . Real world is meaner than me.

Have a great day!

What are the changes for a re-release of the Falcon UCS? I know this has been talked about for some time now. But I find it difficult to make an estimate myself. I'm at the point I just want to start BL'ing a cheaper version of it... but if the changes are 'big' there will a new one released next year I will save my money.

I don't know about any TFA set in the summer but i could be wrong.

REBELS Ahsoka of course !

Maybe a stretch but any sets based on battlefront game like the battle packs being released this coming year? The last time we got sets from games which included a battle pack would be the old republic

What are the changes for a re-release of the Falcon UCS? I know this has been talked about for some time now. But I find it difficult to make an estimate myself. I'm at the point I just want to start BL'ing a cheaper version of it... but if the changes are 'big' there will a new one released next year I will save my money.

I hope it looks something similar to the one that's been in the animated Lego TV series for ages. I've been hoping they would remake it, but i dread to think what the price will be!

Edited by will

It's been seen in Person as has the Snowspeeder.

Welp, this info and the movie made my year. There's only one thing I have left to say.

"Chewie, we're home." (in 2016)

Oh, one last thing. My wallet has officially died. :laugh: