Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

On the shelves of Exeter ToysRUs - the first order and resistance battle packs and the X-wing and snowspeeder micro fighters. Glad I just popped in - totally getting me in the mood for my midnight screening tomorrow night!

12:01 it is, soooo excited. As much as I'm just going to enjoy the film, I know I will also be making a wishlist of all potential minifigures and sets that I'll be looking forward to.

Oh my god.

Battle on Takodana is $60.

How much total with tax added? If its less than $75.15 then I'll happily pay it! (that is if I'm correct in thinking it's going to be £49.99 here in the UK).

It's unneccesary to do so, in my opinion. Without the arm printing, he is not up to standards. Completely soured me on the set. I wish I had gotten the part on Bricks & Pieces when it was available.

To whose standards though? You have to always consider the target audience in question: Kids. Is a child not going to buy a set just because one of the figures doesn't have arm printings?

Seriously....? I was expecting 30 or 40 max. What a disappointment

What!? That's way too expensive for what you get. Aside for the great minifigures, the set itself can be boring after for a while and it's should be having a cheaper price tag.

Seriously....? I was expecting 30 or 40 max. What a disappointment

Thats the Force Awakens Inflation for you.

Will be interesting to see how strong bigger sets like the UCS Hoth Base will be affected by it. I mean we know a price, but no piece count yet... :sceptic:

Wait, $60? Are we seeing another price spike in Star Wars or just TFA Star Wars? I don't think this is across the board because other 2016 lines seem to be priced well.

I swear to God if I see one more American complain about high set prices despite the fact that they get sets cheaper than THE UK, ALL OF EUROPE AND AUSTRALIA when translated to USD (BP Prices are basically around $17 when exchanged)...

STOP. COMPLAINING. WE HAVE IT MUCH, MUCH WORSE. £49.99 IS THE UK PRICE OF TAKODONA AND THAT IS EQUAL TO $75.21!

To whose standards though? You have to always consider the target audience in question: Kids. Is a child not going to buy a set just because one of the figures doesn't have arm printings?

Exactly. The 'standard' is that exclusive minifigures get arm printing. Ones in everyday, $30 set have a standard of no arm printing. It's like demanding side leg printing on every minifigure.

Edited by Junior Shark

What standards? As far as I can tell, the standard on arm printing is that it's for minifigures in exclusive sets (Like the Slave I....). For minifigures in commonplace, $20-$30 sets (like the Carbon Freezing Chamber), it is the standard to not have arm printing.

Well to me it would seem that they are capable of arm and leg printing, as well as dual molding, so that should be the standard when appropriate for the character. When they release a nice, highly detailed minifigure, that sets a standard for that character. Anything less than that in a future set is a step backwards.

Also, even CMFs have these features, and they aren't in exclusive sets. I feel that LEGO should be utilizing their technology to make the best product they can, in every set. When they don't, they are selling us, and themselves, short.

LEGO's standards. They have set that standard with the UCS Slave I Boba Fett minifigure.

I understand that this is not an issue for some people, and perhaps I voiced my complaint a little differently from what I had intended. But I still feel like this iteration of Boba Fett is a downgrade from what they have shown they are capable of, and in my opinion, that is a little lazy and uninspired.

I swear to God if I see one more American complain about high set prices despite the fact that they get sets cheaper than THE UK, ALL OF EUROPE AND AUSTRALIA when translated to USD (BP Prices are basically around $17 when exchanged)...

STOP. COMPLAINING. WE HAVE IT MUCH, MUCH WORSE. £49.99 IS THE UK PRICE OF TAKODONA AND THAT IS EQUAL TO $75.21!

+1,000,000

You forgot to add Canada to the list. That stupid set is $75 CAN. SEVENTY-FIVE! Before tax on top of it all I mean I know Canada still has it better then some places, but it's still terrible here. It's 84.75 CAN with tax by the way.

Tell me about it. The lego prices here in germany are absurdly high as well. I suspect that it will cost at least (!) 70 Euros here, maybe even more...

Those European prices are to my understanding post-tax, not really apples to apples as American prices are pre-tax. Although American prices are generally lower the reasons why tend to be complex, and I don't see how paying less somehow makes an observation on rising prices less true.

Edit: oops mobile mishap

Edited by BrickTamland

What does it matter? I don't have $60 to blow on a crappy little set. It's ridiculous in any country.

Higher prices are higher prices. I'm not here to discuss/debate economics across the world, but when sets go up in price the person accustom to buying them feels it. I have no control over pricing in your country and whereas I would hope those prices would be amicable to you, I can say that these higher prices are not amicable to me. Absolutely, you pay more for Lego than I do, but that has nothing to do with my complaint over potentially rising prices in my area.

Higher prices are higher prices. I'm not here to discuss/debate economics across the world, but when sets go up in price the person accustom to buying them feels it. I have no control over pricing in your country and whereas I would hope those prices would be amicable to you, I can say that these higher prices are not amicable to me. Absolutely, you pay more for Lego than I do, but that has nothing to do with my complaint over potentially rising prices in my area.

Thank you.

Well, this is a little bit of a shock, eh? I mean disney got the rights to the starwars franchise and then price increase. Now that they have had it another year? Price increase. To be honest, I'm not that surprised. You can blame lego all you want, but my money is on disney calling the shots on pricing. They're literally pricing it based off the figures in it.

Ok, the set with the two main characters that sell in $100 + be sold in a $40 set? Wait, no. That's not right. Hold on a minute. Let me cross out the 4 put a 6. There we go. That's more like it. Profit! $$$!

And for anyone willing to rebuttal what I'm saying, think about it. As if Force Friday wasn't an indication of the things to come. I'm expecting it to get worse down the road. Time for disney to milk the golden cash cow while it's still kicking. I'm in CA right now for school,and went to the disney store once. I'm not going back, either. They were charging $140 for Kylo's shuttle when I could drive literally 5 min to a target and get it for 100 flat. Disney is notoriously expensive when it comes to any of their "owned" franchises. I don't hate Disney, but I'm warning that it can get worse down the road.

Edited by joebiwankenobi

Snoke as the "FO General"?

Also Resistance Troop Transporter is 11 cents per piece which is fair but for 200 pieces less at 409 the Battle of Takodana is admittedly quite expensive at a staggering 16.4 cents per piece. So to be fair the entire wave is not inflated just the one set that happens to have 3 main characters: Kylo, Maz and Finn.

Edited by Mahtion

Lol the rant about Americans complaining about prices is gold - the post should be stickied.

I mean disney got the rights to the starwars franchise and then price increase....

I'm not sure what that's got to do with anything. TLG re-upped their license agreement with Lucasfilm for another 10 years in 2012, Disney bought Lucasfilm later that year. TLG pays Lucasfilm X for the license for 10 years. Now that might be a different story in 2022 when it comes time for TLG to renegotiate with Lucasfilm(Disney), but at the moment I don't see how Disney's purchase has increased prices 3 years later.

Simply put TFA is a massive cash cow, TLG can charge what they won't. Don't like it, don't pay it. Or buy less.

Edited by afolaus

60$ for battle on Takodana? 400 something piece set is 60$! That's ridiculous overpricing on Lego and Disneys part. I mean it's even worse than TIE Fighter costing 70$ with 500 pieces. And it seems that only TFA sets are getting ridiculous prices , while OT and PT sets have more appropriate prices aroun 10 cents per piece . I just hope it won't become new 'thing' for Lego to overprice sets based on new movies.

Lol the rant about Americans complaining about prices is gold - the post should be stickied.

The rant about who's the greater victim is platinum - those posts should be blogged.

Buying it = endorsing it. Seems like a simple choice, no?