Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I don't mean to be an a** but I'm not sure what TFA box office and promotion has to do with 2016 sets.

Promobricks have in-hand pictures of 75138, I'm hesitant to call it a 'review'. I like the back of the box pics with Han Solo attacking the Snowtrooper with a shovel full of snow.

There's not a lot of love for this set and I don't think there will be huge demand for it from members here but I have a soft spot for these sort of Hoth sets like 7666 and 7749 and their 'evolution', that said it could be a lot better.

I don't mean to be an a** but I'm not sure what TFA box office and promotion has to do with 2016 sets.

Promobricks have in-hand pictures of 75138, I'm hesitant to call it a 'review'. I like the back of the box pics with Han Solo attacking the Snowtrooper with a shovel full of snow.

There's not a lot of love for this set and I don't think there will be huge demand for it from members here but I have a soft spot for these sort of Hoth sets like 7666 and 7749 and their 'evolution', that said it could be a lot better.

I am also an owner of 7666 and 7749 but i will not be getting this set. I think it looks odd, with the tan and dark tan ground, and the turret is a big step back

Edited by WarSquirrel

Too much ground dirt for an ice planet... I'll get it but I think the could've done better job. Hopefully it works with that oft rumoured hoth UCS set...

......HAHAHAHA!

I can't watch TV for an hour without seeing at least 5 Star Wars commercials, whether it be trailers, cars, toys, etc. This movie has been promoted a ton.

Yeah, what..? The marketing for this movie has been insane. It's literally everywhere. They don't even need to market it at all anyway.

I like the build for the Probe Droid. Probably the best one yet. The colours seem a little random though and would look a lot better if it was all black like the previous versions.

Yeah, what..? The marketing for this movie has been insane. It's literally everywhere. They don't even need to market it at all anyway.

It's so everywhere that it's becomming a lauching joke.

I don't see how a reference to a fantasy movie makes me want to buy more basic necessities

I like that some of the new sets come with minifig stands, as well as a larger one for the best figs. So far it looks like Leia, Shock Trooper and the Duros Rebel have the special stand

I like that some of the new sets come with minifig stands, as well as a larger one for the best figs. So far it looks like Leia, Shock Trooper and the Duros Rebel have the special stand

There will be no minifig stands in sets. What you saw were just leaked preliminary photos without proper editing. The "stands" were (or will be) removed from view for final release of those images.

Edited by Vodnik

There will be no minifig stands in sets. What you saw were just leaked preliminary photos without proper editing. The "stands" were (or will be) removed from view for final release of those images.

Oh ok :cry_sad:. Well i guess i will have to keep bricklinking stands then

I don't see how a reference to a fantasy movie makes me want to buy more basic necessities

Looks like it is already working its magic on you, you refer to them as 'necessities', which are things you 'need'. If you are seeing/referring to them as things you 'need', id say marketing:job done :p

I heard that there is a new Turbo Tank on its way. :)

Edited by Pablo94

I heard that there is a new Turbo Tank on its way. :)

That sounds good. It will (possibly) mean the inclusion of more non-CW Jedi.

Where's the irony?

Maybe he meant coincidental.

Anyway, yeah we're getting off track.

So, Battle on Takodana best 2016 set so far? :sweet:

Where's the irony?

Irony and coincidence are often confused. :wink: [EDIT: CM4Sci beat me to it, well done.]

Any-way, I'm actually quite "impressed," if frustrated, with the security of these sets. I hope there will actually be battle packs available to buy in the US in January. Maybe I'm getting paranoid...

And yeah, Battle on Takodana looks freaking amazing. I would love to see more minifigure-rich playsets in the Star Wars theme.

Edited by TheWorldAhead

Man, this thread has seriously gone off the rails....

+1

Am I'm the only one here who like this set? The minifigures are nice and the turret has a nice built with it. But the ground base of the set has way too much tan and the Probe droid sure looks odd from some angles because of the built.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Am I'm the only one here who like this set? The minifigures are nice and the turret has a nice built with it. But the ground base of the set has way too much tan and the Probe droid sure looks odd from some angles because of the built.

I don't like the set as a whole, but the minifigures are great--people who bought the Hoth Han polybag may be disappointed that (as far as I can tell) only his head is now exclusive. The Snowtrooper is a perfect, unchanged design, and the Rebel Trooper is great, especially for people who don't want or can't get the Advent Calendar and the looming UCS set.

I also like that the turret now swivels, and that TIE windshield in grey is pretty cool. My problem is that it's all been done before, and for a (presumably) better price, namely in 2009's "Echo Base." For those who missed that one, this set may be a goldmine, I suppose.

On the other hand, I'm mostly sour because I know this set is going to be eclipsed by the UCS Hoth, which I will not be able to afford. :cry_sad:

So, Battle on Takodana best 2016 set so far? :sweet:

Wouldn't call it the best but the minifigure selection alone makes it my (and I bet for many other people as well) most desirable set thus far. Edited by LOTR34

Wouldn't call it the best but the minifigure selection alone makes it my (and I bet for many other people as well) most desirable set thus far.

Because of the two stormtroopers? I don't know, not a fan of the First Order troopers, do not like their helmets.

But then maybe that's because I have preference to the Episode 4/5/6 troopers.

Because of the two stormtroopers? I don't know, not a fan of the First Order troopers, do not like their helmets.

But then maybe that's because I have preference to the Episode 4/5/6 troopers.

The FO stormies are a bonus when it comes to the minifigures no I'm talking about Finn and Kylo since both them right now are not only available on separate sets but the set themeselves are expensive and not everyone can afford them.But with this one(Battle of Takodana) not only the set itself is alot cheaper but the fact that you get both characters in one set makes it worth the price. Edited by LOTR34

That Hoth set is pretty uninspired and I'd have thought rehashing the Wampa cave would have made more sense. First year in a decade where I'll be leaving some sets on the shelves. Hopefully Lego haven't become complacent with The Force Awakens making it so easy to make money...

Looks like it is already working its magic on you, you refer to them as 'necessities', which are things you 'need'. If you are seeing/referring to them as things you 'need', id say marketing:job done :p

I think he meant seeing a star wars logo on food article (necessities) won't make him buy more or less of that article.

And can anyone confirm the UCS Echo base?

Only information I had was from a Lego store employee who told me it was in the database and would come out in october. Obviously it got delayed or he lied...