Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

*Snip*

Thanks for the review!

I have to admit that I'm not thrilled with the figure selection in this one. It would have made more sense to have three regular stormies and an officer.

Also, the near certainty that this will cost more than previous battle packs won't help either. :sadnew:

They'll still probably fly off of the shelves, though.

I'm trying to decide if the 'blueprint' on the back of the Resistance ship indicates that the cockpit does rotate like a B-wing.

Remember: Gravity on starships is artificially generated. It could rotate without the passengers getting tossed about if the speed of rotation isn't too high. :wink:

True....

It's funnier my way.

Besides, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something.

This is something I wish more people understood about, well, everything :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What? Most Star Wars fighters have gravity.

No, usually the smallest ship to have gravity would be a freighter, or something along those lines

The cannon/turret thing in the first order battlepack is just awful - I don't think I'll even bother putting it together, just sling it straight in the parts bin. Probably pick up a couple of the packs though, but probably more of the resistance packs. The rebels battlepack also beats the empire one in my eyes too.

I think it's alright, it'll look kind of cool to have a few though, so if you really don't want it that bad, feel free to send it my way :wink::laugh: :laugh:

I actually like the turret in the FO Battlepack, but same like before I think the most dissapointing thing about it is the lack in generic Stormtrooper minifigure.

+1 and +1, but that's a marketing scheme

Thanks for the review!

I have to admit that I'm not thrilled with the figure selection in this one. It would have made more sense to have three regular stormies and an officer.

But apparently, that's too much to ask.

P.S. Happy 500th comment and knighthood to me!

Is there any way we can get a moratorium on "Why is there no 2nd regular FO stormtrooper in the BP"?

It's a broken record at this point. We get it, there are people dissatisfied with it and people who aren't. Nothing added by repeating it ad nauseum.

Edited by Ninja6fett

Is there any way we can get a moratorium on "Why is there no 2nd regular FO stormtrooper in the BP"?

It's a broken record at this point. We get it, there are people dissatisfied with it and people who aren't. Nothing added by repeating it ad nauseum.

+1, if it needs a different topic, make it and we'll all whine bout it there (me included) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm pretty excited for the new wave, but still not sure what to get. Lego Star Wars is pretty expensive, so I don't know, but the battle packs this year are really cool.

Who could be a forth figure in yoda's hut? Ghost kenobi or luke's darth vader alter ego?

No one. There is no fourth figure.

Come to think of it, there is no first figure either.

The list is fake. :grin:

Close ups on the TFA sets for 2016

]

Thanks for the pics. I'm loving the transport.

Is that Leia hairpiece the same as the one from Shuttle Tydirium in a different colour? Lol unmasked Kylo Ren looks like he could be an evil wizard from Harry Potter.

Still hate that Heavy Stormtrooper torso...it just looks bad.

I think it looks bad from a distance, but close up the black seems to be patterned and looks better. I also like the little gun turret! Will look good in a FO display, better than a weird random speeder!

Sorry.. I just got back on Eurobricks after some inactivity. Are these Star Wars Battlefront battlepacks just rumours, or are they official now? Because I have seen pictures, they look fantastic. A shocktrooper???? Woah.

Edited by James Wellington

Official, and look like the first purchase of the winter wave to me.

Wow. Great. That is a definite buy for me!!! Once it comes out, I'll build up my Imperial and Rebel armies, as well as First Order and Resistance. Perfect.

Yeah i agree, a few hating on the beat up stormies but they look great to me, and the console jockey is very welcome.

I'm a little disappointed with the TFA battlepacks, the Resistance chaps all look very similar, i like the exclusive heavy stormie, but just wish we didn't have yet another weird helmeted white guy in the FO battlepack, we're all going to have loads of him kicking around. Who knows, maybe there will be loads of him in the film.

Edited by markw

Yeah, definitely fake. BP2015 is Taylor Stevenson, who posted the "rumored" Geonosian Arena back in October.

Oh yeah! :laugh: But is he fabricating this information, or is he seeing something someone else has fabricated? This new list seemed suspicious to me when I read the minifig line-up for the A-Wing set. It sounds exactly like what some on here (including me) have been speculating. Also, frankly, this would be a huge wave.

Edited by Junior Shark

June/Summer 2016 SW List:

I think a new podrace this soon is very unlikely but if they actually d pretty sure that if lego actually launched a new podrace, they would make it a bit larger set, but only add one additional podrace driver? not a chance and include Aurra sing? come on, that would be toooo stupid...

Why post this here, and also make an entirely new topic for it as well?

To get [in Schwarzenegger voice] "MAXIMUM COVERAGE!" :laugh:

Edited by Junior Shark

In one sentence you say we need more aliens but in another you express your disapointment in the BF battle packs. The Rebel Alliance one has two in it, and how are they not a commitment to OT fans? That entire game is a disapointment for the fact that it's only the OT (among many, many other reasons).

As for the Bespin set, I'd imagine it's more akin to the Rancor Pit than Jabba's Palace. I'm sure we'll see another set along the lines of the Palace, which you'd combine to make a "complete" Cloud City. And speaking of the Final Duel, you mention it's quality, but what is so special about it? The set design is pretty bland and the figures are nothing really new. Ive had all of them in one form or another for quite some time. For the price, I'd expect more than just a door, some windows, a staircase, and figures we've already had.

Excuse me for not being clear, I meant that I wish we would get more side characters. The aliens in the 2016 Battlefront BP are nice, but I don't recall seeing alien scouts in the movies. And I'm surprised myself to praise Hasbro here, but they made almost all of the Cantina patrons into action figures - and this is never going to happen with Lego. I wish we would get a bit more fan service here, a little less product for the mass appeal.

And for Cloud City / Carbon Freeze playset, I wish it was in the size of Final Duel, like number of pieces and size and price of the playset. I agree that it is a rather boring set and not very appealing in terms of build or minifigs. I didn't pick it up yet for good reason. Still, it has some nice play features and I might get this one day on good clearance for one purpose only: to display all of my Episode 6 minifigs. But imagine a playset this size with 8 minifigs that represents... the carbon freeze and Bespin duel. I could fall in love..

Please Note:

This was only an extract from a comment someone made on a website called "Hoth Bricks" a few days ago and I am 50/100% sure it would be fake but some sound promising...

I don`t have any evidence to believe this poster but I am starting to believe it was just "spam" and it`s usually 1-2 months into the year we would get this list for those wave of sets.

Edited by Brick Productions 2015

I'm from russia. Sorry but I don't know how use this forum and maybe I've have a problem with our language