Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Just watched a trailer for season 2 of Rebels (a little late, I know :blush: ), and saw: MANDALORIANS. Any word on seeing these guys in Lego again? I'll settle for rampant speculation or discussion.

Any word on that upcoming A-Wing? If it's a Rebels version, here's hoping that it comes with Ahsoka (see the latest ep of Rebels)!

I'm still on Brothers of the Broken Horn :blush: :blush:

Don't set the bar too low...

In other news, could we please get a set we haven't had before? Is that unreasonable?

:laugh: :laugh: Probably not, no :laugh: :laugh:

Just watched a trailer for season 2 of Rebels (a little late, I know :blush: ), and saw: MANDALORIANS. Any word on seeing these guys in Lego again? I'll settle for rampant speculation or discussion.

That would make my year, to have some more Mandalorians :sweet: :sweet:

That would make my year, to have some more Mandalorians :sweet: :sweet:

And Rebels Mandalorians at that, in all of their McQuarrie-esque goodness.

Not to rehash the debate, but HawkLord's comment about collecting transformers reminded me of something. The old Star Wars transformers toys had a few Jedi Interceptors, and the droids all stuck out like R4 in the new set. Doing some digging, I found this shot from Revenge of the Sith

http://img4.wikia.no...ueEta2-ROTS.png

The droid is positioned up quite high, so it would appear that TLG is actually making the model more accurate.

The droid in that pic isn't really up very high at all... his shoulders are still only partly peeking out of the socket. In the new set, that might match R4's shoulders next to the gray wedge plate, and perhaps viewed from the other side...but not compared to the dark red plates in front of him. The net result is he still looks like he's halfway out of his socket! Compared to the two recent Anakin Jedi Interceptor ships, R4's far too high.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't exclude the probability of Lego being allowed to release their figures as blind packs or even just single for sale - on a bigger scale. Medicom is selling their figures only in the Asian market, so why not Lego in the Western market? And even if Hasbro has the exclusive right to sell 3 3/4 and 6'' figures, the Lego figures don't fall into that category. Also, those contracts change and with Legos current position as the #1 toy company, I simply wouldn't exclude the chance this might ever to happen. And about the magnets or vintage 3-packs of LSW figures - they were given the right and the license by Lucas to produce these - at first. It's a pretty difficult thing, what is allowed and what not, and I guess if Lego wanted to, there might some day be an opportunity to mass produce minifigures for single distribution. The question remains, if they really want to do that, as many buy the sets just for the minifigures.

It's largely understood that Hasbro was really just desparetly flexing their muscle when they stopped Lego from making magnets. Hasbro saw a declined in Star Wars action figure sales in 2008-2009, which meant they felt threatened. No one really knows what the language is in their licensing agreement with LFL, but it was enough that Lego backed down rather than fought the issue.

On the plus side, I believe that Hasbro's licensing agreement expires in 2017, which means Disney can go back to the negotiating table and pursue blind-packed options if they're interested. Disney has had success with their blind-packed vinyl figures (including their Star Wars ones, which are on Series 3, I think). There's also the issue of Disney releasing a 7" Star Wars figure line this year that directly competes with Hasbro's 6" Star Wars figure line, which means Disney may yet have plans that contradict current licensing agreements.

Are there no rumors for a Jan 1 UCS set?

Nope. But if we're lucky in 2016, we could get a Hoth set on May the 4th AND another UCS set in September - October just like 2013 with the x wing and Ewok village

Edited by namioik

This set could quite possibly be one of the best ever: blue A-Wing, white (!) lightsabers, and (hopefully) a new Rebel pilot variation.

I'd mail them a check in advance for a Pheonix Squadron A-wing with Ashoka in the set. Same with the red B-wing, I badly want both.

This is a little random, and I've been thinking of this a lot lately, but I really feel Han needs a new hairpiece. The TFA one works great, but for the OT sets they always use the classic LEGO male hair and it doesn't fit so much. I don't know if it's for tradition, but I really hope we get a new hairpiece- like we did for Luke in 2011. :wacko:

This is a little random, and I've been thinking of this a lot lately, but I really feel Han needs a new hairpiece. The TFA one works great, but for the OT sets they always use the classic LEGO male hair and it doesn't fit so much. I don't know if it's for tradition, but I really hope we get a new hairpiece- like we did for Luke in 2011. :wacko:

He's definitely long overdue for one. The classic hairpiece is dated and looks lazy compared to all the other main characters who have their own unique hairpieces.

Do you remember this minifig?

4-LOM

zuckuss.jpg

He had an appearance in the Yoda Chronicles last year. May he will be in the summer Cloud City set.. :excited:

Nope. But if we're lucky in 2016, we could get a Hoth set on May the 4th AND another UCS set in September - October just like 2013 with the x wing and Ewok village

I hope so, I have $160 CAN in VIP points waiting for a USC set :laugh: :laugh:

+1000

4-LOM

*snip*

He had an appearance in the Yoda Chronicles last year. May he will be in the summer Cloud City set.. :excited:

That's a really nice idea dream

4-LOM

.....do you know something we don't?!?

.....do you know something we don't?!?

He is just speculating that the Carbon Chamber will have add-on kits in subsequent waves like Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pit. Pure speculation.

He is just speculating that the Carbon Chamber will have add-on kits in subsequent waves like Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pit. Pure speculation.

But it's NRG....our inside man

I'd mail them a check in advance for a Pheonix Squadron A-wing with Ashoka in the set. Same with the red B-wing, I badly want both.

There isn't a red b-wing lego set, just a TFA rebels transport which looks similar to a b- wing. There's been no sign of a red b-wing like the rebels version.

I'm really looking forward to the a-wing though, although there's so much of my hype riding on whether it contains Ahsoka or not...

Whilst some of the recent discussions about minifigure licences etc are interesting, please can we keep this thread for 2016 pictures and rumours only, thanks :classic:

4-LOM

4-LOM didn't actually appear at all in Cloud City, and if my memory serves he only makes a brief appearance on the bridge of the Executor with all of the other bounty hunters, so I don't see why he would be included in it. That said, TLG have made some rather interesting combinations of sets and minifigures in the last few years, so I guess anything is possible! And, nrg, do you know something that we don't.....? :look:

This set could quite possibly be one of the best ever: blue A-Wing, white (!) lightsabers, and (hopefully) a new Rebel pilot variation.

I hope this isn't the case but they may well just use 4L trans clear blades

On the plus side, I believe that Hasbro's licensing agreement expires in 2017, which means Disney can go back to the negotiating table and pursue blind-packed options if they're interested. Disney has had success with their blind-packed vinyl figures (including their Star Wars ones, which are on Series 3, I think). There's also the issue of Disney releasing a 7" Star Wars figure line this year that directly competes with Hasbro's 6" Star Wars figure line, which means Disney may yet have plans that contradict current licensing agreements.

Already? I didn't know about that. It might even be that Hasbro would be happy to reduce the license to core products. As far as I know the license is already pretty expensive and like other licensees they were treated pretty badly when it came to the Rebels topic (no TV as originally promised when the products were out) and lost a lot of money. We will see.

Back to topic, I might get some First Order Troopers (small and huge ones) next year, as I really like their design. But as an OT interested collector, I feel a bit cheated by the 2016 line-up.

The Hoth set is a mess of bricks and the most awful looking Hoth set we probably ever got. The figures were easily available (one in the calendar, one in the Snowspeeder/ AT-AT years back, and the third one we got as free figure years ago. Not even a Tauntaun and the Probe Droid looks like something else, but not the one we had a couple of times - which looked like the one from the movies.

The Droid Escape is nice but comes too often - we need more diversity I think.

The BF battle packs are once again no real commitment to OT fans and try to balance it out to get the kids, players and collectors into the same boat, what once again doesn't work. There is just not enough inside for me as an OT fan. On the imperial side, only the technican is interesting, while the rebels would be more interesting coming with the OT hats as seen in Episode VI. Just give us battle packs with OT figures already, Lego! Imperial BP with Stormie, Officer, Droid, Scout - Rebel one with 4 camo troops - Tatooine with Jawa, 2x Sandie and Tusken.

I guess I said this before but the Bespin set is not relevant to me with only one new figure and a boring build. It should have been in Final Duel size and quality with 8 figures.

In total, I think Hasbro is providing much better fan service with all the minor side characters they release over the years. Lego is playing it save, too save for my opinion. We need more Aliens and side characters. And a new Dagobah set with Yodas hutt.

Edited by Zzz

At the Dutch toy site Bart Smit, they list the release date of the new sets for January 1st. Battlepacks are €14,95, the bigger sets are €36,95.

Which is about 24% more expensive...

Already? I didn't know about that. It might even be that Hasbro would be happy to reduce the license to core products. As far as I know the license is already pretty expensive and like other licensees they were treated pretty badly when it came to the Rebels topic (no TV as originally promised when the products were out) and lost a lot of money. We will see.

Back to topic, I might get some First Order Troopers (small and huge ones) next year, as I really like their design. But as an OT interested collector, I feel a bit cheated by the 2016 line-up.

The Hoth set is a mess of bricks and the most awful looking Hoth set we probably ever got. The figures were easily available (one in the calendar, one in the Snowspeeder/ AT-AT years back, and the third one we got as free figure years ago. Not even a Tauntaun and the Probe Droid looks like something else, but not the one we had a couple of times - which looked like the one from the movies.

The Droid Escape is nice but comes too often - we need more diversity I think.

The BF battle packs are once again no real commitment to OT fans and try to balance it out to get the kids, players and collectors into the same boat, what once again doesn't work. There is just not enough inside for me as an OT fan. On the imperial side, only the technican is interesting, while the rebels would be more interesting coming with the OT hats as seen in Episode VI. Just give us battle packs with OT figures already, Lego! Imperial BP with Stormie, Officer, Droid, Scout - Rebel one with 4 camo troops - Tatooine with Jawa, 2x Sandie and Tusken.

I guess I said this before but the Bespin set is not relevant to me with only one new figure and a boring build. It should have been in Final Duel size and quality with 8 figures.

In total, I think Hasbro is providing much better fan service with all the minor side characters they release over the years. Lego is playing it save, too save for my opinion. We need more Aliens and side characters. And a new Dagobah set with Yodas hutt.

Recommendation for the BP's with OT figs: Updated Scout helmet, regular guns instead of those stud shooters (personally I just order Brickarms anyway to replace those guns...) plus orange pauldron wearing Sandies please.