Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

If there are Rogue One battlepacks (which there probably will be). But if Rogue One rumors are to be believed, there will be new trooper variants, which means the BP may contain only one or two undamaged OT stormies.

I doubt that Rouge One will have that many sets to include Battlepack. Its anthology movie not an Ep movie. I think most we can expect from this movie 3-4 sets like with last years GoTG sets.

I doubt that Rouge One will have that many sets to include Battlepack. Its anthology movie not an Ep movie. I think most we can expect from this movie 3-4 sets like with last years GoTG sets.

The origninal clone wars movie got like 10 sets when it first launched. I expect to see quite a few rogue one sets.

The origninal clone wars movie got like 10 sets when it first launched. I expect to see quite a few rogue one sets.

All I am trying to say, don't expect Rogue One to have as many sets as TFA . TFA is a major movie that furthers Skywalker family story, while Rogue One is a spinoff. Also Ep 8 comes out in May 2017 so expect January 2017 wave to be mostly Ep 8 sets. Sure Rogue One will probably get 3-4 sets in September 2016, but have no doubt Legos main focus will be Ep8 sets.

I tend to think the Rogue One stuff won't be as prevalent as TFA sets. Maybe just one wave? Would be good to get some new Rebel and Empire stuff, I'm really looking forward to the Battlefront packs.

For some reason I imagine it to be a bit more adult orientated and not as 'Disney'. Not sure where I got that impression from.

Jan always brings battlepacks and microfighters and other relatively affordable sets. Surely they wouldn't put out more TFA battlepacks a year after the movie when everyone will be hyped about Rogue One and the excitement will be building for EP8.

My money is on a handful of ships and a couple of battlepacks only from Rogue One, and then back into the main theme of the Finn Rey and Kylo story.

Edited by markw

Don't forget 2008 was also a different time when TCW was the only major release keeping Star Wars in the public eye.

Next year Lego has to balance The Force Awakens, Rebels and Rogue One while preparing for Episode 8 and still pleasing fans of the Original and Prequel Trilogies. Its a little more crowded then it was back then.

I third that this ship is great! I didn't get the last B-wing, but I have the one from ~07 or somewhere around there, the one with Nien Numb

Ten Numb. They haven't made a minifig of Nien Nunb yet at all... (hopefully when they do, he'll have a nice ear-hat rather than be a molded head like the new Tusken)

Ten Numb. They haven't made a minifig of Nien Nunb yet at all... (hopefully when they do, he'll have a nice ear-hat rather than be a molded head like the new Tusken)

Next Falcon better be a ROTJ one... How awesome would that be?!? Nien Nunb, ROTJ Lando, maybe some Rebel troopers, rebel pilots, dish exploding play feature.... it'd be dope!

Edited by Junior Shark

Next Falcon better be a ROTJ one... How awesome would that be?!? Nien Nunb, ROTJ Lando, maybe some Rebel troopers, rebel pilots, dish exploding play feature.... it'd be dope!

Ugh... I'd love that, but still, ugh! Another Falcon... already got the last one, probably gonna get the new one this month or within the next year...do not need a third!

Really wish Hasbro didn't have that silly contract stipulation, so Lego could just release a plastic (like in the Lego Store) "battle pack" with Nien, a new General Lando, and some Rebel troopers to crew the Falcon with the new dark-green-band helmet. :tongue:

I know it's probably obvious..but what's GoTG?

Don't forget 2008 was also a different time when TCW was the only major release keeping Star Wars in the public eye.

Next year Lego has to balance The Force Awakens, Rebels and Rogue One while preparing for Episode 8 and still pleasing fans of the Original and Prequel Trilogies. Its a little more crowded then it was back then.

Plus we knew a TV series was coming

I was actually gonna say Ten...guess when they say your first answer is always right, it usually is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guardians of the Galaxy.

That movie I watched when it came out on video and all of the sets were way sold out by then, too bad if I wanted any.

A Death Star Briefing in the $30 range like the Carbon Chamber would solve the ROTJ Rebel problem. General Lando, NN, new Mothma or Madine. Done.

Personally I find it odd how we keep getting Rebel pilots (microfighters, etc.) but never a proper Wedge.

I'm picking up this whole January wave for sure, except maybe the Yoda kit. Hard to justify such a crappy rehash just for Yoda and one clone.

A Death Star Briefing in the $30 range like the Carbon Chamber would solve the ROTJ Rebel problem. General Lando, NN, new Mothma or Madine. Done.

Personally I find it odd how we keep getting Rebel pilots (microfighters, etc.) but never a proper Wedge.

I'm picking up this whole January wave for sure, except maybe the Yoda kit. Hard to justify such a crappy rehash just for Yoda and one clone.

Yoda kit? Edited by ChiefPie

Spider droid repack with Yoda instead of Stass Allie. Absurd waste of a kit.

And a stud shooter stucked at the lower laser cannon of the spider droid as well. :sceptic:

I'm quite suprised at all the hate for the Battle damaged Stormies. I personally think its nice to get a variation instead of the usually plain white. I'm sure Lego will give us more Plain white 2014 variations in the future. Even if you didn't want to have your army looking beat up, you could always use those battle damaged ones as dead stormies.

Agreed. I won't be getting too many of the battle damaged Stormtroopers, but they're very cool and usable indeed!

Still undecided on most SW sets revealed so far, though. Looks like January 2016 will be a SW-light period for me, this time.

Regards,

Mitch

Ugh... I'd love that, but still, ugh! Another Falcon... already got the last one, probably gonna get the new one this month or within the next year...do not need a third!

Really wish Hasbro didn't have that silly contract stipulation, so Lego could just release a plastic (like in the Lego Store) "battle pack" with Nien, a new General Lando, and some Rebel troopers to crew the Falcon with the new dark-green-band helmet. :tongue:

What's the deal with the Hasbro contract you mention?

What's the deal with the Hasbro contract you mention?

Hasbro are contracted to sell Star Wars figures so Lego can't just sell figures as they can apparently fall under the same umbrella and therefore are not allowed. That's why we get figures as part of a set, which is allowed.

Hasbro are contracted to sell Star Wars figures so Lego can't just sell figures as they can apparently fall under the same umbrella and therefore are not allowed. That's why we get figures as part of a set, which is allowed.

Thanks.

What about the polybags then? Fin in a bag, C3PO in a bag, Clone Luitenant in a bag, Han Solo in a bag....

What about the polybags then? Fin in a bag, C3PO in a bag, Clone Luitenant in a bag, Han Solo in a bag....

Polybags are generally giveaways, so they aren't intended for purchase. At least that's how I've always seen it.

Of course, once the giveaway ends you can usually find some for sale (if they aren't LEGO Store exclusives). Like C-3PO at Toys R Us.

Yeah, why no Wedge? While you're at it, TLG, could we get another Biggs fig? Mine is currently ~16 years old.

Agreed Wedge and Biggs are two of the most needed updates behind all the Cloud City figures and Tarkin.

Guardians of the Galaxy.

That movie I watched when it came out on video and all of the sets were way sold out by then, too bad if I wanted any.

Thanks

Spider droid repack with Yoda instead of Stass Allie. Absurd waste of a kit.

+1

Still looking for the 3PO bag, if anyone has one they want to get rid of of a fair price, can you PM me?

There are some companies selling SW action figures like Hot Toys, Sideshow, Revoltech - it's not only Hasbro. So I wouldn't bet against single LSW figures or blind bags ever be available. Technically, the polybag 3PO being sold at TRU for 3.99 is already that. It is a pretty limited promotion, but if Lego wasn't allowed to sell single LSW figures at all, this wouldn't be happening.