Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I think Luke will either be May 4th promo, or will be in a summer set.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we don't have to wait until 2017 for an old Luke.

Edited by Quicksilver

Unmasked Kylo? Haven't heard of that, but I guess it's possible! All I know is that some version of him is in the set. :grin:

Sure hope you don't mean a hologram/sticker or something of the sort..

I think the main reason for Luke's current absence in sets is not his allegedly short screentime but rather the secrecy surrounding his appearance (costume, beard, etc), which is why we'll see him in a summer wave set at the earliest :wink: Same goes for Snoke and Max von Sydow's still unnamed character, they just don't want to spoil their designs before the movie hits theatres. Maz on the other hand can clearly be seen on the official poster which obviously means that she's not supposed to be as much of a secret as the other three yet unseen characters are and thus it's ok for her to be in a winter wave set :laugh:

Am I the only one who thinks this character (and consequently the minifig) looks pretty ugly?

No, .. apart of the appearance on the movie poster I haven't seen a clear pic of the character, but the Lego version seems to be a strange crossbreed beteen Yoda and Sebulba.. :-/

Maybe Lego made an accurate reproduction, but to me it looks as a further step in the alienation of the minifig.. a trend that is going on for a couple of years now already..

And I fear that the (long awaited) Ugnaught is a bit of the same... shifting the borderline between minifig and action figure again a bit..

Max von Sydow's still unnamed character

Well, his character's name has been known for some time:

Lor San Tekka

Mentioned a few posts back, a generic resistance X-wing and a FO snow speeder, expect a generic resistance pilot and a snowtrooper as figs.

For Rebels we get a Tie-proto (with tie pilot), the Ghost (with Hera), a Wookie gunship (with a wookie, surprise) and an AT-DP (with an AT-DP pilot), there are leaked pics, but cant be posted here, take it from me though, the Ghost and AT-DP look pretty rough, the Tie-proto is the best of the bunch by far.

Photo's leaked on Youtube showed me a mini Slave 1 !

Got to have that...

Photo's leaked on Youtube showed me a mini Slave 1 !

Got to have that...

I think that's a really old exclusive set from a Comic Con

I think the main reason for Luke's current absence in sets is not his allegedly short screentime but rather the secrecy surrounding his appearance (costume, beard, etc), which is why we'll see him in a summer wave set at the earliest :wink: Same goes for Snoke and Max von Sydow's still unnamed character, they just don't want to spoil their designs before the movie hits theatres. Maz on the other hand can clearly be seen on the official poster which obviously means that she's not supposed to be as much of a secret as the other three yet unseen characters are and thus it's ok for her to be in a winter wave set :laugh:

Unfortunately, that probably means that we'll have to wait till Summer 2016 to get TFA Luke! I'm really glad we're seeing Leia in the Winter wave, at least.

No, .. apart of the appearance on the movie poster I haven't seen a clear pic of the character, but the Lego version seems to be a strange crossbreed beteen Yoda and Sebulba.. :-/

Maybe Lego made an accurate reproduction, but to me it looks as a further step in the alienation of the minifig.. a trend that is going on for a couple of years now already..

And I fear that the (long awaited) Ugnaught is a bit of the same... shifting the borderline between minifig and action figure again a bit..

On closer inspection the character does look like some sort of bizarre Simpsons/star wars hybrid, especially with the weird head mold.

However, I don't want to participate in another debate over the increasingly detailed minifigures, so I'll just leave this by saying Im interested in what else this set is going to contain, in both build and minifigures.

Mentioned a few posts back, a generic resistance X-wing and a FO snow speeder, expect a generic resistance pilot and a snowtrooper as figs.

For Rebels we get a Tie-proto (with tie pilot), the Ghost (with Hera), a Wookie gunship (with a wookie, surprise) and an AT-DP (with an AT-DP pilot), there are leaked pics, but cant be posted here, take it from me though, the Ghost and AT-DP look pretty rough, the Tie-proto is the best of the bunch by far.

Leaked pics? I was lookin for those... any pointers? :blush:

So I'm incredibly excited for all the new TFA stuff, and I was wondering - is anyone else gonna give their FO Troopers Black hands instead of White? I feel the white arms and hands blend a little too much for me personally!

So I'm incredibly excited for all the new TFA stuff, and I was wondering - is anyone else gonna give their FO Troopers Black hands instead of White? I feel the white arms and hands blend a little too much for me personally!

Yep. I plan on stocking up on the First Order Stormtroopers, and giving them black hands as it will divide the colour in my opinion. They look nice with white hands, but I prefer them to have black hands.

Yep. I plan on stocking up on the First Order Stormtroopers, and giving them black hands as it will divide the colour in my opinion. They look nice with white hands, but I prefer them to have black hands.

Glad I am not the only one. Really wish I'd have the money and space to collect the SW line sooner :classic:

Same, as for the black hands. Those white hands just bother me.

Also, that Maz Kanata figure looks fine to me - just another alien, hence the head mold.

Just wondering, is the below the entire 2016 Winter Wave, or will there be another wave in the winter specifically The Force Awakens? Seems like a lost opportunity, if Lego has to wait till the Spring/Summer to release the second wave of TFA sets.

:sweet:

22662339190_bb80997ea1_b.jpg

22431974577_70f4fd9fa5_b.jpg

At least two more TFA sets, the Bwing alike ship with Akbar and Leia that we've seen on here and the Battle on Takadona that we believe has the Kanara, Fin and Kylo has been widely discussed over the last page or so. Plus a couple of microfighters, and possibly Pirate Transport (unless that's what the B wing is/was)

At least two more TFA sets, the Bwing alike ship with Akbar and Leia that we've seen on here and the Battle on Takadona that we believe has the Kanara, Fin and Kylo has been widely discussed over the last page or so. Plus a couple of microfighters, and possibly Pirate Transport (unless that's what the B wing is/was)

I found the original images on a site the other day, and the what we are assuming is the B-Wing is labelled as the Pirate Transport in those initial images.

Maz Kanata is whats shes called, I see a a lot of incorrect names for her on here :laugh: .

The mini figures in the battle packs (minus the TFA resistance one) look fantastic but I was bored by the rest of the sets that I have seen in detail so far. Maybe once there are more pictures of the rest of the sets I'll change my mind about this wave.

Does anyone know if the resistance fighters in the Battle pack are the standard troopers and all the rest we will see will have the brown helmets? Or are those just a variant from the standard troopers?

I think they're going to pull a Jabba's Palace on us with the Carbon Freezing Chamber. It looks too incomplete to stand by itself. I think we're for sure getting more Cloud City sets to connect together. It'll for sure help my wallet this way. Rather than spending $450 all at once on an enormous Cloud City set, I can slowly spend that much. ;)

I found the original images on a site the other day, and the what we are assuming is the B-Wing is labelled as the Pirate Transport in those initial images.

Wait, so the Pirate Transport and the TFA B-Wing has the same set number? Why a starship used by Resistance will be called a Pirate Transport?

Wait, so the Pirate Transport and the TFA B-Wing has the same set number? Why a starship used by Resistance will be called a Pirate Transport?

Cover-up names. Hall of Mirrors was the one for Battle of Takodana I think

Also, is it confirmed that Takodana will be US$50?

75139 is $49.99, 75140 is $59.99. I don't know which set is named which.

The USD prices are extrapolated from the fact that when amazon momentarily posted the sets they were 59.99€ and 69.99€ respectively.