Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Really looking forward to the TFA set with Finn and Kylo Ren. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for pics...

While I am also looking forward to this set, I don't think we will see pics of this set at all. Since January wave sets usually start coming out in early-mid December, I think we will sooner see it on shelves than on official pictures.

While I am also looking forward to this set, I don't think we will see pics of this set at all. Since January wave sets usually start coming out in early-mid December, I think we will sooner see it on shelves than on official pictures.

Yeah, good point. In the leadup to the film lego will probably tighten security, so leaks for the tfa sets are a bit more unlikely. The sets are scheduled to be released after the film comes out too, so it's more the sets may contain spoilers.

To be honest I probably won't even be able to notice the wait, what with the release of TFA and buying the remaining 2015 sets for Christmas

Might be for star wars if I'm not mistaken, but Chima is one theme I know that does it all the time.

Not at all. Square Foot is the first that comes to mind, but even the Boba Fett from Slave I has the toe print.

last few boba fetts had tow printing

Boba fett from the 9496 Desert Skiff also had toe printing - it was a fantastically printed minifigure for the time.

Sandtrooper in the earlier Droid Escape also had toe printing.

Nope! The Mummy from Adventurers had toe printing, way back in 1998!

Okay, I should have researched that before posting. :laugh:

I haven't bought a Star Wars set since the At-Rt back in 2013, but I'm jumping back on the transport with 75137. Love everything about that set and I have none of the Minifigures from it (Another Boba Fett-Less over here).

Disappointed with only one first Order Stormtrooper in the battlepack.

I haven't bought a Star Wars set since the At-Rt back in 2013, but I'm jumping back on the transport with 75137. Love everything about that set and I have none of the Minifigures from it (Another Boba Fett-Less over here).

Disappointed with only one first Order Stormtrooper in the battlepack.

I know, the minifigures are still useful but the army building potential is terrible. I was expecting maybe some flanetroopers/snowtroopers but a FO officer! It also looks like the First Order Crew are quickly becoming everyone's least favourite minifigure released for TFA yet.

I'm glad you like the carbonate chamber, although it's quite well designed I'd probably just buy it for the Ugnaught

I actually like the First Order battlepack - it's a great addition to the FO Transporter set in that it gives you an extra trooper, a heavy trooper and crew + an officer.

If you were hoping for 4x FO troopers in order to build armies I can understand your disappointment, but it's a winner for me.

I actually like the First Order battlepack - it's a great addition to the FO Transporter set in that it gives you an extra trooper, a heavy trooper and crew + an officer.

If you were hoping for 4x FO troopers in order to build armies I can understand your disappointment, but it's a winner for me.

The variety in it is great nonetheless! However I was just hoping for two regulars, the gunner and the officer. Hopefully they retain the current design for Star Wars Episode VIII and we get another battle pack with multiple First Order Stormtroopers.

I know, the minifigures are still useful but the army building potential is terrible. I was expecting maybe some flanetroopers/snowtroopers but a FO officer! It also looks like the First Order Crew are quickly becoming everyone's least favourite minifigure released for TFA yet.

I'm glad you like the carbonate chamber, although it's quite well designed I'd probably just buy it for the Ugnaught

The first order crew's helmets look so impractical for military personnel uniform even in a galaxy far far away.

It is great to get an ugnaught after 17 years of Lego Star Wars. (Hopefully a Bantha Next?)

Edited by Quicksilver

So how many Force Awakens sets do we still need to see? Just Battle on Takodana? Wasn't there also the Pirate Transport? Or did that just turn out to be that Resistance ship with Leia?

So how many Force Awakens sets do we still need to see? Just Battle on Takodana? Wasn't there also the Pirate Transport? Or did that just turn out to be that Resistance ship with Leia?

Did we ever figure out what that Hall of Mirrors set was?

The "Pirate Transport" turned out to be that Resistance ship since they share the same set number. The "Hall of Mirrors" has to be the Takodana set because the former was a codename for the latter that was used in early spoiler reports :wink: So yeah, the Microfighters and the Takodana set are the only ones we haven't seen yet (apart from potential sets in the summer wave) :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Darn, I was really hoping to get some pirate/rogue type chraracters..guess we'll have to wait longer to get that alien that Lupita Nyong'o is playing.

Darn, I was really hoping to get some pirate/rogue type chraracters..guess we'll have to wait longer to get that alien that Lupita Nyong'o is playing.

I think there's still a good chance for a Maz Kanata minifig to be in the Takodana set :sweet:

There's one more TFA set that needs to be revealed. I've heard Finn and Kylo will be in it together, Maz doesn't look like she belongs in a set with them. Kylo will have a hair piece in that set along with his regular face. No big mask or mask printing with the hood. That's just what I've heard.

Edited by amazingbricks

There's one more TFA set that needs to be revealed. I've heard Finn and Kylo will be in it together, Maz doesn't look like she belongs in a set with them. Kylo will have a hair piece in that set along with his regular face. No big mask or mask printing with the hood. That's just what I've heard.

So could that be

a Starkiller duel set?

Makes sense that Kylo wouldn't have his mask. Retains the draw of the mask and hood in the Command Shuttle and gives us a chance to get Kylo Ren without spending $149 up in Canada.

So...

t4ar2TT.png

?

Takodana is where Maz's castle is (it's also the planet where we see the X-Wings on the lake). We can see the ruins of her castle and stormtroopers running through it in the latest trailers, so I'm pretty sure that's what the set will be. I bet we'll get Maz since she's one of the biggest characters we don't have yet and this is the first Force Awakens set that she would make sense to be included in.

The duel between Finn and Kylo Ren looks like it's on Starkiller Base (snow planet) later on, so I don't think that's what the set will be based off of.

Takodana is where Maz's castle is (it's also the planet where we see the X-Wings on the lake). We can see the ruins of her castle and stormtroopers running through it in the latest trailers, so I'm pretty sure that's what the set will be. I bet we'll get Maz since she's one of the biggest characters we don't have yet and this is the first Force Awakens set that she would make sense to be included in.

The duel between Finn and Kylo Ren looks like it's on Starkiller Base (snow planet) later on, so I don't think that's what the set will be based off of.

Ruins and Stormtroopers sound like an interesting set idea... No doubt they'll add in a a few stud shooters and missle launchers...

Looks like Lego is combining elements of Takodana and Starkiller Base. Following the trailer stuff, Rey should be in Takodana as well since we see her there shooting at Kylo. Maz should definitely be included with the only Lego set showing off her castle so far. That leaves a couple stormtroopers or FO crew (jk) for the Battle part. It would be strange to have Kylo unmasked but I wouldn't put it past Lego since there's no lightsaber duel set and no word of Starkiller Base getting a set anytime soon.

Edited by Mahtion

Woah... awesome! I guess that answers the question of if we would get Maz or not. We haven't had a clear view of her until now, so I'm going to assume that the figure's accurate. I love the torso and blue eyes!

Nice just2good!

@CM4Sci - did you ever confirm what the FO Microfighter was? I know you confirmed the Resistance Microfighter was a generic X-Wing, but a search of this topic yields nothing.

@CM4Sci - did you ever confirm what the FO Microfighter was? I know you confirmed the Resistance Microfighter was a generic X-Wing, but a search of this topic yields nothing.

It's the First Order snowspeeder with a First Order snowtrooper. Not the most interesting of subjects if I do say so myself.