Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I don't think it'd be "wrong" to include OT-style stormies in Rebels sets at all... aside from the stormies & TIE pilots, Rebels minifigs are pretty much styled like movie-based minifigs, unlike TCW with their big-eye faces. That was always my biggest sticking point with the Rebels-style stormies, because Kanan, Ezra, Hera, etc can all hang out with Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, etc and look just fine, but the stormies meet up with the OT stormies and they clash a bit. Same with the Rebels Wookiees, too...slightly cartoonier than Chewie & Tarfful (at least, far as I can tell... the Rebels ones seem to have taller eyes, lending 'em that cartoonier aspect)

It's a matter of opinion, I guess. The Rebels minifigure faces look more like OT faces because, in the show itself, they are; you can see from this comparison of Ahsoka that her eyes have shrunk to more normal proportions and she's generally gotten less angular and stylized.

ahsoka10.jpg

LEGO is trying to make minifigures that represent their source material as accurately as possible. For TCW, that meant giving them visibly cartoonish faces, while for Rebels it just means simplifying the printing a bit, because there aren't such obvious ways to otherwise distinguish them that come through given LEGO's constraints. Rebels stormtroopers are visibly cartoonish, though, so LEGO's trying to make them reflect that. They probably should have gotten a modified helmet mold for the frown, but it is what it is.

Thanks for sharing the link. The new footage all looked fantastic, but the stand out moment for me were the ties flying out of the sun.

I don't think it'd be "wrong" to include OT-style stormies in Rebels sets at all... aside from the stormies & TIE pilots, Rebels minifigs are pretty much styled like movie-based minifigs, unlike TCW with their big-eye faces. That was always my biggest sticking point with the Rebels-style stormies, because Kanan, Ezra, Hera, etc can all hang out with Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, etc and look just fine, but the stormies meet up with the OT stormies and they clash a bit.

This. +1. Definitely my biggest gripe with the Rebels stormies as well. Not particularly about the look, but the principle of the thing.

Edited by Junior Shark

There you go mates. New trailer.

Is this really happening? I thought the third trailer was the last one?

Is this really happening? I thought the third trailer was the last one?

This is just the Japanese variant of the third trailer. There's some new footage, but the gist of it is the same--like how those Korean ads had wider pictures of the FO base than the US initially got.

This is just the Japanese variant of the third trailer. There's some new footage, but the gist of it is the same--like how those Korean ads had wider pictures of the FO base than the US initially got.

OK, thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking, but I didn't know they got a wider shot of the base *oh2* *oh2*

I've got a few OT stormies now... Thankfully I bought all the sets they were included in. I also have a few of the previous version which was almost identical but without leg printing. I'm thinking of just BLing some helmets for the Rebels versions and they'd all pretty much fit in together.

Maybe picking up some Rebels ST legs for the older OT ones would work too.

I agree. This is a great idea. I now have 30 new OT stormtroopers with rebels legs, endor battlepack torsos, and advent calendar helmets, not to mention the three extras from the ISD and slave I. Good thread... Sneaky Lego marketing ploys. When will they give us what we want?

I can confirm that the Finn polybag coming out next year will be an exclusive for a game.

21543890464_800484a892_n.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Look at the blue square with the lock on the bottom. :wink:

Edited by amazingbricks

Please can I remind everyone that this thread is only for 2016 Pictures and Rumours, thanks :classic:

And, if you're quoting posts that include embedded images or YouTube links, please delete them before submitting it.

I can confirm that the Finn polybag coming out next year will be an exclusive for a game.

Look at the blue square with the lock on the bottom. :wink:

NEW STAR WARS GAME!!!??? :drool::wub_drool::excited:

Interesting. I won't mind for a new mini game like on the official Lego Star Wars website, but a Multiplayer RPG game will be great.

Good news from The Brick Fan!

Name is 75098 Assault on Hoth

We will be seeing everything we saw before.

Apparently we're also getting a small Wampa cave with Luke and a Tauntaun with Han.

Not to derail the thread, but I struggle to see how what is inherently a kids' show can have "alot more content" than three movies with deep emotional and political themes. However, I will admit that Rebels does have "more content", if only as a means to keep kids entertained with a new, exciting, and different adventure every week. But in terms of meaning and depth, the three OT movies have "more". (I say all this as a fan of Rebels).

Are you watching the same Star Wars Rebels I am? There is plenty not 'inherently for kids'. I mean, Seventh Sister was oozing sexuality/innuendo at Ezra last week... It's almost getting to the point where I won't let my daughter watch until I've seen it before we watch together.

...and we pretty much know that three principal characters are all but guaranteed to be killed off.

I hope Rebels doesn't get left out of upcoming waves, but it certainly seems to be a possibility, what with the massive amount of new material to model from coming down the pipeline. That A-wing definitely seems like the best opportunity for a Rebels based set based on what we've heard so far.

Apparently we're also getting a small Wampa cave with Luke and a Tauntaun with Han.

A Tauntaun AND a Wampa?

:wub_drool:

Edited by rollermonkey

Wow, the last Wampa-Cave is one of my favorite Sets, and now they add a Tauntaun and Han?

This can only be a winner.

Edited by DarthBrickus

Thanks for the link, CM4Sci.

If the set is anything like that it's very disappointing, and I certainly won't be ordering it! I was really hoping that it would be substantial at that price point, similar to the Ewok village, but I guess that it will be quite 'fragmented' (e.g. hangar, snowspeeder, trench, ION cannon, wampa, speeder bikes etc) and it will essentially look like several smaller play sets thrown together.... so I'm not sure how it could possibly justify the UCS label. I've actually just sold all of my older Hoth sets (including the awful 7879) to make some room for this, but it looks like I shouldn't have bothered! :look:

Are I'm the only one here who don't excited with the new Hoth set? I hope for something like the Death Star and Ewok Village playset, but from the Battle of Hoth minivideo from Lego.com it seems that the playset will be separated into many sections, which is the thing I don't want. The stud shooter on the P-tower turret looks out of place and ruin the overall look of the turret.

I'll delay passing judgement until I actually see it, but I'm quite pleased by the rumours, because it should fit in with the other stuff in my Hoth layout, rather than just being a stand-alone set.